BIOS for old laptop.

Hello.

I have and old Toshiba laptop that I got from old colleague, would end up in garbage, I am against E-waste so i decided to try and upgrade it as far it can.
I am here Because the sites that would provide me with the BIOS files are long gone. 
I have searched the internet via Official sites (archive.org) and unofficial sites for bios files, but any i found is not compatible.

Laptop in question is Toshiba Satellite L300 model.
EU model.
Laptop is either  an: 
Toshiba Satellite L300-1A8 Model Number: PSLB8E-01000NG3 Serial Number: X8301939Q
or
Toshiba Satellite L300-15W Model Number: PSLBCE-00M00CG3 Serial Number: 78079471Q

The first model is from laptop chassis itself, while second model is from Toshiba's own program of reading laptops model.
I am more certain that the second model is correct. (I will attach 2 pictures of origin of the models).

I will be very happy if anyone can provide me the 2.20 BIOS files for these models.

Thank you!

20240315_204650.jpg

20240310_151838.jpg

is there a reason you need the bios updated

16 minutes ago, emosun said:

is there a reason you need the bios updated

I would not like to risk buying new processor, and see it not work just because I don't have the latest bios installed.

14 minutes ago, WiseGorilla said:

I would not like to risk buying new processor, and see it not work just because I don't have the latest bios installed.

A new bios basically never introduces new hardware support on oem stuff.

This l300 was only ever verified to work with the celeron it came with or its other pentium dual t3200/t3400 config. There is no core 2 config or any info I can easily find of sucessfull upgrades.

Technically since it does support a t3400 you should be able to use fsb 800mhz core 2 duo's like a t9300.

However no guarantee.

Also keep in mind any money spent is wasted as even with a core 2, 8gb of ram and a ssd this thing won't even paly 720p youtube or even decently browse the internet. Its's just simply put too old to be functional. Keep in mind this is a 16 year old laptop at the very least

22 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Also keep in mind any money spent is wasted as even with a core 2, 8gb of ram and a ssd this thing won't even paly 720p youtube or even decently browse the internet. Its's just simply put too old to be functional. Keep in mind this is a 16 year old laptop at the very least

^^^

resell it for whatever its worth and get a cheap 3rd/4th gen laptop which should have a longer battery life whilst having a more powerful cpu

12 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

^^^

resell it for whatever its worth and get a cheap 3rd/4th gen laptop which should have a longer battery life whilst having a more powerful cpu

To put into context a i5 4th gen is about 3x faster than a t9300 and about infinitly faster for gpu tasks as it has a video encoder/decoder.

Still for a functional laptop to last some years I'd say go a bit more modern

Welcome to the forums!
There's ewaste and there's ewaste. This is a 15+ year old laptop, that's a good life, it's okay to let it die. A BIOS update likely won't help with a CPU upgrade, even if you could find a 0th gen i7 to slap into it, and the cooling solution could somehow keep up with it, it's highly probable that they didn't expand the supported CPU list with revisions. 
The problem is that it's going to be about twice as powerful as a rPi at best. 
If you *really* want to do something with it, treat it like a Pi. Drop some linux OS on it, enable SSH, and have some fun with a linux server. 
Sorry, ultimately we are the wrong group of people to ask. I'd pop over to the peeps at Vintage Computing over on Reddit and see if they can help 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

To put into context a i5 4th gen is about 3x faster than a t9300 and about infinitly faster for gpu tasks as it has a video encoder/decoder.

Still for a functional laptop to last some years I'd say go a bit more modern

moms s410p broke so now ive got an x230 with an ssd i stole off my failed x58 gaming rig that i have yet to liquidate, still works perfectly fine though i think ill grab a 4gb stick from that s410p just so this thing runs in dual channel

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

moms s410p broke so now ive got an x230 with an ssd i stole off my failed x58 gaming rig that i have yet to liquidate, still works perfectly fine though i think ill grab a 4gb stick from that s410p just so this thing runs in dual channel

Yes for right now they are good enough but I'd really just spend like 50$ more and get a 8th gen or newer a laptop to last.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes for right now they are good enough but I'd really just spend like 50$ more and get a 8th gen or newer a laptop to last.

the x230 was 100$

thing is new ryzen laptops exist which will obliterate all these old intel laptops whilst consuming less power and the ryzen 5 laptops dont seem to be much more than the ryzen 3 laptops, the ones i see worth buying usually based on a 5500u are around the 330-370$ mark and here in indo i can expect to spend somwhere around 200-250$ for an 8th gen laptop

the thing with going from 3rd/4th -> 5th gen and above is that theres basically no performance diff for just regular stuff that isnt gaming so i dont see why id spend an extra 100$ just for a non existent performance gain, id rather spend the 330-370$ a new 5500u based laptop would cost me and then id get some real performance benifits wih the better igpu, ipc, 6c12t instead of 2c4t, and the fact that its a new laptop so also has a warranty which i usually dont give a shit about anyway but can come in handy incase you get a lemon

also dont forget about used ryzen laptops existing cause maybe theres some cheap zen2 based ones but even the zen based ones still offer noticable benifits over intel cause even the 2c4t 2200u still has a vega 6 not to mention the 4c4t 2300u 4c8t 2500u and their zen+ equivalents