Thermaltake GF1 850W snow edition or Corsair RM850X white 850W?

Ravient
Go to solution Solved by Ravient,

Getting the Corsair 850W one (if I find one in stock that is, white stuff is pretty rare to find where I am)

The thermaltake would be a bit cheaper, but been hearing some bad reviews from people who've used it before, although it's a tier 1 PSU on cultists network. A bit of suggestion would be nice.

1 minute ago, Ravient said:

The thermaltake would be a bit cheaper, but been hearing some bad reviews from people who've used it before, although it's a tier 1 PSU on cultists network. A bit of suggestion would be nice.

Both are good PSU's but I can only recommend the RMx Series from Corsair as I only have experience with it.

I only use the RM/RMx series from Corsair and I have done so in over 100 builds over the years.

Not a single unit has died or came broken, I use one in my personal rig as well.

35 minutes ago, Ravient said:

Can't tell for the Thermaltake, but the white RM850X is amazingly good and especially silent, I use one since 3 years now, 0 issue or noise even on 600W+ loads

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I have had 2 Thermaltake PSU's, and have worked both of them into the ground in a relatively short amount of time. When I was done with them they could barely run my system at full stock. They might be better now, as I see they are kind of expensive. I do not usually look at them too hard. Could have been my fault too, as I was using 850w units instead of 1000w units.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

whichevers cheapest as you wont notice a diff between the 2 aside from fan noise since both psus come with a 10 year warranty

Some guy mentioned it destroyed his GPU and mobo at the same time due to some problem. (Thermaltake one) 

Getting the Corsair 850W one (if I find one in stock that is, white stuff is pretty rare to find where I am)

No white ATX3.0 unit like the Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3, MSI MAG A-GL, Seasonic Focus GX ATX3 or Deepcool PX-G WH available?