corsair 465x

MY cat decided to destroy my top air filter on this case anyone know of a replacement for the filter i have the white version. this case also does not have usb c but the back of the motherboard does is having a case with front usb c io a gamechanger and if so should i look into a case with this 

Corsair does sell Spare parts for the case, but currently they only sell the front mesh filter 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/pc-components-accessories/cc-8900412/corsair-465x-rgb-front-dust-filter-white-cc-8900412#tab-overview

image.thumb.png.7d76a7ebf8c288cec7d8bb3158f40c41.png

However looking at the dust filters, these aren't anything special that you need a corsair specific brand since it's a simple magnetic top filter that many cases have. 

https://www.amazon.com/287mm-Filter-Computer-Magnetic-2-Pack/dp/B08TZWDS7P?th=1

On 3/16/2024 at 8:13 PM, SLOTHINSPACE said:

this case also does not have usb c, but the back of the motherboard does. is having a case with front usb c io a gamechanger, and if so should i look into a case with this?

Firstly, your motherboard must have the internal Front I/O port hat supports USB-C. It looks like this:

NZXT on X: "@MihirSh77310575 The USB-C requires you to plug a separate  connector into a USB 3.1 Gen 2 header. If this is plugged in but you are  still having issues with

Photo source

If you dont have it, there are adapters for the USB3.0 to this connector but you'll lose out on your Type A ports on your case. If your board DOES have it, then it's a question of "Do you use any USB-C devices?" Because I have a new PC was a type c on both the front and back, and so far I have yet to use either. So the question "is it worth it" is relative to how much you currently use a USB-C device.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 3/18/2024 at 5:37 PM, TVwazhere said:

Corsair does sell Spare parts for the case, but currently they only sell the front mesh filter 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/pc-components-accessories/cc-8900412/corsair-465x-rgb-front-dust-filter-white-cc-8900412#tab-overview

image.thumb.png.7d76a7ebf8c288cec7d8bb3158f40c41.png

However looking at the dust filters, these aren't anything special that you need a corsair specific brand since it's a simple magnetic top filter that many cases have. 

https://www.amazon.com/287mm-Filter-Computer-Magnetic-2-Pack/dp/B08TZWDS7P?th=1

Firstly, your motherboard must have the internal Front I/O port hat supports USB-C. It looks like this:

NZXT on X: "@MihirSh77310575 The USB-C requires you to plug a separate  connector into a USB 3.1 Gen 2 header. If this is plugged in but you are  still having issues with

Photo source

If you dont have it, there are adapters for the USB3.0 to this connector but you'll lose out on your Type A ports on your case. If your board DOES have it, then it's a question of "Do you use any USB-C devices?" Because I have a new PC was a type c on both the front and back, and so far I have yet to use either. So the question "is it worth it" is relative to how much you currently use a USB-C device.

yes my motheboard does have this connector. ive decided i at the moment it is not worth getting a whole new case for this, i cant find the exact measurements for the top mounted fan filter tho 

3 hours ago, SLOTHINSPACE said:

yes my motheboard does have this connector. ive decided i at the moment it is not worth getting a whole new case for this, i cant find the exact measurements for the top mounted fan filter tho 

Most top cutouts are standard size. Even if they're not, typically the "filter" part is only useful if your top fans are intake (a rare orientation) If they're exhaust, dust wont enter through that section of the case and if there's no fans at all, it's probably best to just used a closed panel entirely. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25