Steam shows games as uninstalled but they are installed

Go to solution Solved by pcboyguy,

Guys, i fixed it. I saw that the folder steam was searching for games in was a different ne then where my games actually were. Therefore i just moved all the games to the folder it was searching in and after that when i clicked intall on the games Syeam found the files and it just initialized and it worked again. Thanks to all that gve suggestions. 

Hello

I was moving my computer to a different spot and when i fired her up all my steam games had apparently uninstalled. I also checked the bin and nothing weas there so it can't bve gone. I have restarted my computer several times with no luck and I also tried adding the steamapps map like on Youtube videos but it wouldn't let me do that. Does someone know how i can get my games back wothout redownloading 400gb's of games? Thanks

Do you have more than 1 drive?

Did a non system drive somehow disconnect / reconnect / change drive letter due to moving the PC?

Are the games titles missing from your library?

Are the games family shared on another machine and the network has changed?

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Yes, my system has 3 drives. My steam library is on my 3 tb hard drive. 

No, checked all the conections and still nothing

No, all game are there but showing as uninstalled. I checked the explorer and every game was there. No files have been lost. 

No, no family share

Thanks for response

Steam Support isn't helping me at all too

Is your 3TB HDD listed in Steam > Settings > Storage?

It is and you've tried repair library?

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:46 AM, pcboyguy said:

Yes, my system has 3 drives. My steam library is on my 3 tb hard drive. 

No, checked all the conections and still nothing

No, all game are there but showing as uninstalled. I checked the explorer and every game was there. No files have been lost. 

No, no family share

Thanks for response

If by the games are there, you mean they're still present on the drive then try installing one of the games and if all steam does is check what's there and mark the game as installed without downloading anything then it's just that something dropped a massive clanger and broke things enough that steam couldn't detect what was installed.

Also check to make sure that read and write access to the drive hasn't been changed before doing what I mentioned (although if those permissions have been removed, steam should tell you first) as it could be that those permissions being removed could stop programs from seeing what is on a drive or in certain directories.

Yes, still present on drive. Tried installing one of the smaller games i had installed before but it did nothing to the other games

Guys, i fixed it. I saw that the folder steam was searching for games in was a different ne then where my games actually were. Therefore i just moved all the games to the folder it was searching in and after that when i clicked intall on the games Syeam found the files and it just initialized and it worked again. Thanks to all that gve suggestions. 

On 3/19/2024 at 4:59 AM, pcboyguy said:

Maybe you should have told us you had changed your steam folder. Funny how you didn't notice it when you were checking multiple times that the library was linked.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 12:27 PM, keskparane said:

Maybe you should have told us you had changed your steam folder. Funny how you didn't notice it when you were checking multiple times that the library was linked.

I didn't change it. Also don't make fun of me, that's not nice. 

On 4/13/2024 at 3:43 AM, pcboyguy said:

I didn't change it

On 3/19/2024 at 4:59 AM, pcboyguy said:

I saw that the folder steam was searching for games in was a different ne then where my games actually were.

Fact: You changed it!

I'm not making fun of you. 

2 hours ago, keskparane said:

Fact: You changed it!

I'm not making fun of you. 

I did not chenge it. Maybe it was an update. The feeling i get isn't: 

Hehe maybe i did change it. (Laughs it off)

I get: 

I didn't. I didn't do anything and you telling me that i did doesn't make me happier so just STOP

You don't have the right to order me to stop.

You've assumed I was making fun of you and unfairly charged me with such.

I'm not trying to make you happy or sad, this has NOTHING to do with emotions! This is about if a PC will randomly moves files without being instructed to do so.