Why does some games suck at launch.

Blazepoint5
Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,

not finished,  timelines, lazy ass devs that think they know everything better, greedy publishers and shareholders. 

The REAL reason:  people buy it anyway,  no matter how buggy it is because they saw it "on youtube".

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion? its not exactly rocket surgery lol.

Cyberpunk 

GTA definative edition 

Alen wake 

Ac Unity 

City skyline 2

And others..

These are the once i can think of now!. These games sucked at launch and whyy, LITERALLY WHYYY? 

What are the devs doing, are they blind? 

These games at launch where crap, some suffering from lack of optimization and others suffer from toons of bugs.

Do game developers make games on a Martian PC or what that they cant realise that these games runs like crap?

Also dont they test the games, not even talking of hiring gamers or people to test it for them but they should test the game them selves and see, literally you find bugs and glitches in about 5min of you starting the game.

I've always been wondering are game devs NPCs?, they are humans and gamers like us and they would play the game they make but from what we see alot of games sacked at launch not until over time that they patch some.

They might be the consideration of deadline and stuff that would force devs to release something unfinished but still.

They should at list play the game for 5min (they might be playing but decid to ignore) 

Thats why rockstar is still at the top of the food chain.

some developers are just stupid, cities skylines 2 targeted 30fps on high end hardware by design

You gave yourself the answer already, budget and deadlines. Developers are aware that their games suck, more so than you ever will be aware. But they don't get to have a say when a big budget project like this is supposed to get shipped.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

Likely devs vs publisher or whoever is pulling the strings above them. Devs are limited in what they can say or do.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Cities Skylines 2 devs said that they are going to launch the game despite being unhappy with how it performs so... 

Anyways. Beta testing used to be a job you got paid for. Now you pay to get into beta to play broken game.

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

Cities Skylines 2 devs said that they are going to launch the game despite being unhappy with how it performs so... 

They can't directly say it but reading between the lines I get the feeling Colossal Order were pushed by Paradox to launch.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Really I had no big issues with CP2077 though. I've seen way more broken games from big companies that are just yikes though. Main issues were on consoles, older ones but who cares.

But yes sometimes devs are not to blame but management and higher ups so. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

not finished,  timelines, lazy ass devs that think they know everything better, greedy publishers and shareholders. 

The REAL reason:  people buy it anyway,  no matter how buggy it is because they saw it "on youtube".

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion? its not exactly rocket surgery lol.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Really I had no big issues with CP2077 though. I've seen way more broken games from big companies that are just yikes though. Main issues were on consoles, older ones but who cares.

This is some weird ass revisionist history ngl. most games on consoles were traditionally rock solid, precisely because you could not patch them in any way, you'd basically had to release a revisioned version.  

People just seem to remember the bad cases, which yes did happen,  but extremely rarely,  that was the whole success story of consoles,  near arcade like quality ports, that just work, and for cheap (comparatively speaking) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

You gave yourself the answer already, budget and deadlines. Developers are aware that their games suck, more so than you ever will be aware. But they don't get to have a say when a big budget project like this is supposed to get shipped.

while this is true... for the most part... there are also a lot of boneheaded decisions from developers themselves though, especially "indies" come to mind and also companies where the devs are basically the publishers,  EA, lots of Japanese game makers like Capcom, Square, etc come to mind... 

And then you have the whole relatively recent issue of everyone and their grandma using "unreal" which is a huge mess traditionally,  hardly optimized and looks like garbo unless huge efforts are made to make it look less garbo - i don't even know if puplishers are to blame here or devs actually are thinking "this is good enough" ... *sigh*

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

This is some weird ass revisionist history ngl. most games on consoles were traditionally rock solid, precisely because you could not patch them in any way, you'd basically had to release a revisioned version.  

People just seem to remember the bad cases, which yes did happen,  but extremely rarely,  that was the whole success story of consoles,  near arcade like quality ports, that just work, and for cheap (comparatively speaking) 

I mean I just wanted to reply about CP77 being mentioned, because for me PC was fine. The whole fire talk issue was about consoles, the old ones. Which to me, they should've never even make it for. I even expected it would be a mess. Waste.

I wish devs just focus on PC I mean they're kinda starting to see it makes more sense, another thing now managment screwing development. Or if multi platform, man, just make it for PC then port it down, the way it ahould work, like once. Not the other way around. 

Again, bad managment, lazy devs, bad code. Needs to stop.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

24 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

I mean I just wanted to reply about CP77 being mentioned, because for me PC was fine. The whole fire talk issue was about consoles, the old ones. Which to me, they should've never even make it for. I even expected it would be a mess. Waste.

I wish devs just focus on PC I mean they're kinda starting to see it makes more sense, another thing now managment screwing development. Or if multi platform, man, just make it for PC then port it down, the way it ahould work, like once. Not the other way around. 

oh ok, i took "older ones" more generally, my bad. probably right about CP. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

17 hours ago, WereCat said:

Anyways. Beta testing used to be a job you got paid for. Now you pay to get into beta to play broken game.

This is facts 

14 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Game devs would create or make console games on pc 😑💀, and some would refuse to make a good pc port or not even make one. 

14 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

while this is true... for the most part... there are also a lot of boneheaded decisions from developers themselves though, especially "indies" come to mind and also companies where the devs are basically the publishers,  EA, lots of Japanese game makers like Capcom, Square, etc come to mind... 

And then you have the whole relatively recent issue of everyone and their grandma using "unreal" which is a huge mess traditionally,  hardly optimized and looks like garbo unless huge efforts are made to make it look less garbo - i don't even know if puplishers are to blame here or devs actually are thinking "this is good enough" ... *sigh*

I never knew that some devs are their own punishers.

And i agree unreal is garbo if not made well, fr unoptimized. I saw a game made on unreal and that game stutters even on 4090.