VPN alternative

MatiMata

Basically I need another way to change my location on my PC. I work remotely, and the system will only allow access from within the country (having a local IP).
Ive been working with a NordVPN for a while which is the fastest I could get to make it work fine.
But lately it's been having issues with UPLOAD speeds, and Ive confirmed the problem is the VPN's servers, since this happens in different places I tried with different routers and connections (friend's house, my house, other person's house). I also tried a couple other VPNs and the same happens with them.
But this only happens when I connect to my home country, if I connect to other countries it works fine (upload and download are high enough).

What I want to know is if there is a possibility to make the system believe I am in my home country without using VPN server since they don't seem to do a good job.

I hope I was clear enough about my issue, anything not understood I will gladly explain.

Thanks in advance!

I would say the best option is to install a VPN on the system directly and dial into that. This way the connection in encrypted between you and whatever system you're connected to.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

So the 'system' you using is located in your original country of origin, ur trying to access that with ur laptop outside said country but u cant get access in those situations.

Well then the only way to make the 'system' think ur local is to use a proxy / vpn. And if multiple different proxies have the same slow speeds its likely a country wide / town wide issue with the local ISP providers. In other words, nothing u can do since regardless of what u use ur still having to use the local ISP to connect to the 'system'.

Now it 'could' be the case that the local ISP are detecting VPNs and throttling those connections, in which case u'd need to try obfuscated connections. NORD has those as an option, not sure about others.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Try using a different provider. I've found that some smaller VPN providers have better service due to less overall users. The one I like is Azire VPN.

2 hours ago, MatiMata said:

Basically I need another way to change my location on my PC. I work remotely, and the system will only allow access from within the country (having a local IP).
Ive been working with a NordVPN for a while which is the fastest I could get to make it work fine.
But lately it's been having issues with UPLOAD speeds, and Ive confirmed the problem is the VPN's servers, since this happens in different places I tried with different routers and connections (friend's house, my house, other person's house). I also tried a couple other VPNs and the same happens with them.
But this only happens when I connect to my home country, if I connect to other countries it works fine (upload and download are high enough).

What I want to know is if there is a possibility to make the system believe I am in my home country without using VPN server since they don't seem to do a good job.

I hope I was clear enough about my issue, anything not understood I will gladly explain.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you are trying to bypass region restrictions imposed by your company’s IT department… if so, we can’t help you with that. 

If that is not what you are trying to do, I would figure out how to better describe your use case, because it certainly sounds like you are trying to use a corporate infra system outside of an approved region. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

4 hours ago, MatiMata said:

Thanks in advance!

You are going about this the wrong way, if you require access to your work environment from out of the country, your best bet is to have your company's IT set you up with a solution. 

Anything else is likely not going to work.

May I ask why you are asking here instead of your company IT?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER