No signal, no obvious error, just green LED

Go to solution Solved by RageTester,

Thanks for trying... Computer worked with TV... probably refresh rate issue, something not supported by my old monitor....

So I just unpacked a new PC bought from amazon.de (Sedatech Office PC, AMD Ryzen 7 7700). Fans are spinning, but no video through HDMI to my known working monitor.

No dedicated GPU, only onboard graphics.

I know it has no OS installed, but I expected to plug in USB stick and at least get something...

LED next to BOOT is green.

Tried removing all RAM sticks and got error, reinstalled, back to no error.

Cleared CMOS and waited 10 minutes, no change.

Should I try flashing a different bios version? There is flash BIOS button on the back of the case.

What are the odds CPU got disconnected during shipping? Had really nice foam packed in. Packaging had no visual damage, case also not damaged. But really massive air cooler. CPU is the one part I am scared removing and main reason I bought pre-built, don't even have any thermal paste.

Mainboard: MSI Pro B650-P Wifi
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8x 4.5GHz (max 5.4GHz)
CPU fan: Fortis 5 dual fan.
Graphics : AMD Radeon Graphics (onboard).
[RAM]: 32GB DDR5 5200MHz dual channel (2x16GB)

Did you push the button to turn on, got some activity and after a while you push the button to turn off (and the pc turns off after a while) ?

Then retry ?

Usually new PCs are sent with an OS installed.

I'd try with a genuine Windows installation USB Key (made with the Microsoft Tool)

1 hour ago, RageTester said:

Should I try flashing a different bios version? Not really, but you could

What are the odds CPU got disconnected during shipping? Had really nice foam packed in. I doubt it

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

14 minutes ago, leclod said:

Did you push the button to turn on, got some activity and after a while you push the button to turn off (and the pc turns off after a while) ?

Then retry ?

Usually new PCs are sent with an OS installed.

I'd try with a genuine Windows installation USB Key (made with the Microsoft Tool)

I specifically ordered option without windows OS, because it was cheaper.

If there was some video output I could easily run linux from USB, but nothing....

Yeah I tried power button many times, always ends in green LED, meaning at least motherboard is getting power.

There is also no error sound, even with speakers connected. The only LED indicated error I could get was when I removed both RAM sticks...

9 hours ago, RageTester said:

I specifically ordered option without windows OS, because it was cheaper.

If there was some video output I could easily run linux from USB, but nothing....

Yeah I tried power button many times, always ends in green LED, meaning at least motherboard is getting power.

There is also no error sound, even with speakers connected. The only LED indicated error I could get was when I removed both RAM sticks...

So you tried the Linux thing ? I thought maybe there's a driver missing that a USB key could install.

Otherwise that's weird, no sound and no led, maybe something's off and you should check the cooler and cpu.

I'd try the Bios update.

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, leclod said:

So you tried the Linux thing ? I thought maybe there's a driver missing that a USB key could install.

Otherwise that's weird, no sound and no led, maybe something's off and you should check the cooler and cpu.

I'd try the Bios update.

Just in case it's drivers... I found SATA power and data, connected SSD that for sure had linux on it, still nothing.

Next bios, and then CPU that I really didn't want to touch.

Thanks for trying... Computer worked with TV... probably refresh rate issue, something not supported by my old monitor....