Exploding corsair link hub

Just built a new pc and used the corsair icue link h150i lcd aio with qx120 case fans. First power on everything started normal then about 10 seconds in the link hub started smoking so i unplugged everything changed all cables and used a different daisy chain loop into a new hub. This time it was the same except it blew a capacitor out of the hub. Ive seen some threads online with hubs exploding but haven’t really seen a root cause. Nothing else in my pc is damaged except for the cooling system and im worried about getting new ones and it happening again or possibly damaging my other components. If anyone has had this problem or knows how this could happen id appreciate some advice on how to move forward.IMG_1369.thumb.jpeg.55dc6cd6bd41b5c79e07cc153ad99bfc.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.fc8ce8a4fe17573184865d7ecd00e9d5.jpg

That's overengineering, adding failure points where they should be none, and making you pay for it 😮 

Get an Arctic Freezer III instead 😛 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

The electrolytic capacitor vented, blew up.  it usually does that when it's subjected to reverse voltage or too much voltage or due to some other critical failure. 

You could desolder the base and replace with another capacitor, it's probably something like 470uF 16v electrolytic or something like that.  

Cleaning all the electrolyte with some isopropyl alcohol or other solvents is a must.  The contacts that go in the pci-e slot or 

Make sure you didn't plug the connectors the wrong way or make sure they're not at an angle or partially inserted potentially causing some kind of short. 

So basically it may be repairable, if you're lucky it's just a 20-50 cent capacitor.