Metro Redux announced. Remake of the Metro series.

DaxTee

4A Games and Deep Silver have released a Official Announcment video about the Metro Redux game/gamepack.

Basically it looks like a massive remake of the two Metro games improving on many features including a new lighting engine for Metro 2033, combat and stealth improvements to both game and enemy AI.

It is to come to PS4, Xbox One and PC for $24.99 this summer each. I believe it is Deep Silver trying to fix when they got the right from Metro they are taking their time now.

Here is a link to the announcement video.

Mate

wohooo

awesome game just AWESOME

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

wohooo

awesome game just AWESOME

Hahah yeah I bought Metro LL just a few weeks ago but I am a wimp and keep on stopping. Really enjoy it though

Mate

4A Games and Deep Silver have released a Official Announcment video about the Metro Redux game/gamepack.

Basically it looks like a massive remake of the two Metro games improving on many features.

It is to come to PS4, Xbox One and PC for $24.99 this summer. 

Here is a link to the announcement video.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/22/5739550/metro-redux-trailer-2033-last-light

The original Metro 2033 has been rebuilt in the engine developed for its sequel, Last Light, according to Deep Silver brand manager Huw Beynon, bringing with it a host of improvements that affect its visuals and gameplay.

Metro 2033 is getting an all-new lighting engine and performs better on lower end PC hardware, Beynon said. It will also borrow a few gameplay elements from Last Light, adding the option to wipe your character's mask clean of condensation or blood splatter, as well as introduce new combat improvements — like stealth takedowns — and weapon customization. 2033's cinematics have been redone and are now presented in first-person perspective.

:( Now i have to buy these games AGAIN, oh well :) totally worth it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/22/5739550/metro-redux-trailer-2033-last-light

The original Metro 2033 has been rebuilt in the engine developed for its sequel, Last Light, according to Deep Silver brand manager Huw Beynon, bringing with it a host of improvements that affect its visuals and gameplay.

Metro 2033 is getting an all-new lighting engine and performs better on lower end PC hardware, Beynon said. It will also borrow a few gameplay elements from Last Light, adding the option to wipe your character's mask clean of condensation or blood splatter, as well as introduce new combat improvements — like stealth takedowns — and weapon customization. 2033's cinematics have been redone and are now presented in first-person perspective.

:( Now i have to buy these games AGAIN, oh well :) totally worth it

Yeah, I also believe I read somewhere that they are doing these remakes because THQ was developing Metro LL when they shut down

so they are fixing all the bugs and putting the improvements on which they didn't get to do the first time round

EDIT: Oh and I believe you'll get %50 off the price if you already own the game.

Mate

Yeah, I also believe I read somewhere that they are doing these remakes because THQ was developing Metro LL when they shut down

so they are fixing all the bugs and putting the improvements on which they didn't get to do the first time round

I hope so, 2 of my favourite games. Although I never really had an issue with how they were, improvements are always good, will be nice to play 2033 again in a better engine

(This and STALKER)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They should just buy the rights to stalker and make that, i really need more post apocalyptic FPS rpg.

They should just buy the rights to stalker and make that.

Metro is a linear version of STALKER in a way (Atleast IMO) but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Mate

Metro is a linear version of STALKER in a way (Atleast IMO) but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Cant really well compare the two since stalker was Open world and metro isn't.

And stalker was WAY more realistic in terms of weapons & weapon handling and similar stuff.

I've played metro 2033, but I have not played Last Light. I might pick both remakes up and replay 2033 and then play Last Light right after.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

So now we're remaking and selling games that are barely 4 years old??

HA! Redux, lol Divine divinity 2 and Deus EX: HR calls them Directors cut...but in the end same thing. polished version of the same game. they should just give it free to those that already own the original afterall It is NOT a big enough change to call it a whole different game (this is there excuse btw)

on that note, i haven't played LL yet so i guess the Redux version is the choice then when i feel like getting it.

positives- unlike the tomb raider definitive edition they are at least bothered to release this on pc too.

Negatives- for Those of us who already own the game they are asking us to pay money again to access a slightly improved version of the same game.

i bought mll last year, and now they are coming out with a new version that just is the same game but is just "improved" ? that's an insult.

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

I loved Metro 2033 and Last Light, but I own them both on Steam already.

Now this comes along, and I'm given the opportunity to have it for 50% off, but I still remember the bullshit of Last Light having it's hard difficulty as paid DLC.

Great games, but one major dick move was a part of it, I don't know whether it's worth getting these if I've already played the originals, IDK, times of indecision. :wacko:

I wanna know what TB thinks of this because this is making me more pissed of the more I think of it

I still haven't even finished metro 2033.  Though I'm surprised, like most of you, that they are releasing an updated version of the games.  I just hope the rumor that owners of the original games are given a discount is true. 

[AMD FX 6350 3.5Ghz 6 Core] - [Gigabtye AM3+ Motherboard] -  [AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5] - [8GB DDR3-1600 RAM)] - [1TB Western Digital 7200 RPM HDD] - [Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition Case] - [Corsair CX 600W PSU]

I still haven't even finished metro 2033. Though I'm surprised, like most of you, that they are releasing an updated version of the games. I just hope the rumor that owners of the original games are given a discount is true.

says it on the steam page

says it on the steam page

Indeed it does. Still a cash a grab though, and a pathetic one at that.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530