Connecting Go XLR Mini with Astro A50x

SheevaBlaster

Hey guys,

So recently I dropped a pretty penny on the new Astro A50x that should be arriving this coming Tuesday and I'm super hyped as these will be my first wireless headsets in over a decade.

TL;DR, my friend advised me that connecting the A50X to my GoXLR Mini should be easy, as he has the previous generation (Astro A50 gen 4) and he has his connected via 3.5mm aux cord connected to the base station, running to the front 3.5mm headphone jack located in the front of his the GoXLR Mini.

Excitedly, I ordered the Astro A50X without doing my own research as I usually do, and now I'm finding out it's not going to be that easy.

I just looked at the base station for the Astro A50X, and sure enough, there is zero 3.5mm jack/optical ports located on it whatsoever.

I am finding a few videos online explaining work arounds such as the ASTRO HDMI ADAPTER FOR PLAYSTATION 5 and Audio Embedders/Extractors but I'm honestly so confused on so many things and worry I'm going to get something that doesn't work to my liking. I'm reading that with this Astro HDMI adapter I will lose 4k 120hz capability? I don't understand how audio could have an impact on my resolution and frame rate? I only plan on using the Astro A50X  for my PC right now which my duel monitors are using Displayport, main monitor running 1080p @ 240 hz and second monitor running 165 @ 1440p (planning to upgrade to a newer 1440p 300+ hz later on this year).

MAIN QUESTION: What is the best solution to this? I'm hoping for a zero compromise solution that allows me to use the Go XLR and maintain full audio capabilities with zero input lag. It sounds like I'm going to have to shell out a few more $$$ to accomplish this, so ideally what is the cheapest route to go as well. I do have a spare HDMI cable I could. Not exactly sure what else I'll need aside from this.

SECONDARY QUESTION: Could someone articulate the configuration for the whole setup between using the GoXLR mini and the Astro A50X? Like specifically what wires get plugged into where? I'm sorry, I'm pretty good with computers, but not the biggest audiophile; setting up the GoXLR mini with my PC alone was enough of a headache for me and I left that all up to my buddy.

Thank you in advance!

Personally I'd return the A50Xs and find something that actually does what you want it to, but that's just me trying to dodge the sunk cost fallacy. 
However, if you're dead set on keeping it, and want 4k120, you can probably just use an HDMI2.1 splitter to pull off the signal from the HDMI, route that into the audio extractor, then into the goXLR, while the other head will go directly into your screen.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

and would 2 hdmi cords be needed to plugged into the splitter? im so confused