What do I do now I got hacked because someone sent me a link do I replace my motherboard and cpu

4 hours ago, GamingKid said:

Alr 🙏 

Bro I can’t even continue the settings 

IMG_0764.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GamingKid said:

Bro I can’t even continue the settings 

IMG_0764.jpeg

Is this the infected PC? Why are you trying to use it?

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Is this the infected PC? Why are you trying to use it?

I’m trying to remove windows so I can get fresh new one 

1 minute ago, GamingKid said:

I’m trying to remove windows so I can get fresh new one 

You don't interact with that OS to do that. 

As we discussed, use another PC to make a bootable Windows install USB, boot the infected machine to that USB and wipe the drive/install Windows fresh. 

For now you can just shut that infected PC down.

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

You don't interact with that OS to do that. 

As we discussed, use another PC to make a bootable Windows install USB, boot the infected machine to that USB and wipe the drive/install Windows fresh. 

For now you can just shut that infected PC down.

I found way I reset the  pc I clicked down windows from this computer 

4 hours ago, GamingKid said:

I found way I reset the  pc I clicked down windows from this computer 

That doesn't erase the partition.

You have to use a USB flash drive to format the drive and install Windows from scratch.

"Resetting" Windows will not remove viruses.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

In response to your most recent topic:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1561426-update-on-my-computer-that-was-hacked/?do=findComment&comment=16342632

Replacing hardware is totally unnecessary in most situations, unless physical damage results from malware that was installed on your PC - it's just code after all, and unless it results in physical(visible) damage, the hardware is totally fine.

Even if the malware infected your BIOS, doing a flash through BIOS Flashback(with the motherboard off but getting standby power) might be sufficient in getting rid of the malware. If the BIOS is unaffected, a format will be completely sufficient. I'd also scan any kind of other media connected to your PC to ensure nothing else was impacted.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

In response to your most recent topic:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1561426-update-on-my-computer-that-was-hacked/?do=findComment&comment=16342632

Replacing hardware is totally unnecessary in most situations, unless physical damage results from malware that was installed on your PC - it's just code after all, and unless it results in physical(visible) damage, the hardware is totally fine.

Even if the malware infected your BIOS, doing a flash through BIOS Flashback(with the motherboard off but getting standby power) might be sufficient in getting rid of the malware. If the BIOS is unaffected, a format will be completely sufficient. I'd also scan any kind of other media connected to your PC to ensure nothing else was impacted.

I clicked reset pc clear files even tho it mostly likely won’t do nothing 

1 minute ago, GamingKid said:

I clicked reset pc clear files even tho it mostly likely won’t do nothing 

I would start off with a complete reinstall of Windows. A "refresh" of Windows may not be sufficient.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I would start off with a complete reinstall of Windows. A "refresh" of Windows may not be sufficient.

Wait how do I install windows again on the pc after I get files from usb

12 minutes ago, GamingKid said:

Wait how do I install windows again on the pc after I get files from usb

You have to boot off of the flash drive after getting the ISO, and creating a bootable flash drive using a program that can create them, such as Rufus. 

6 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You have to boot off of the flash drive after getting the ISO, and creating a bootable flash drive using a program that can create them, such as Rufus. 

Would I have to go to bios I got a rog strix b550-f

9 minutes ago, GamingKid said:

Would I have to go to bios I got a rog strix b550-f

To boot off of it, yes. 

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

To boot off of it, yes. 

Alr thanks is there photo or video to show me it’s easier for me to see on a photo or video 

Just now, GamingKid said:

Alr thanks is there photo or video to show me it’s easier for me to see on a photo or video 

More than likely, Windows has Fast Startup/Boot enabled by default, so it'll probably skip and go right to booting into Windows. If you hold Shift and hit Restart, you'll be able to select an option that will allow you to get the normal BIOS splash screen.

Once you get that, you should have an option to get a Boot Menu(F11 or F12, can't remember). Once you get to the menu, you should be able to either directly select your flash drive, or go through a generic USB option.

Different motherboards do it slightly differently, but the process is fairly similar between manufacturers. I can throw something together if you prefer(won't be exact), and of course you can also message me or another user here for assistance. 

34 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

More than likely, Windows has Fast Startup/Boot enabled by default, so it'll probably skip and go right to booting into Windows. If you hold Shift and hit Restart, you'll be able to select an option that will allow you to get the normal BIOS splash screen.

Once you get that, you should have an option to get a Boot Menu(F11 or F12, can't remember). Once you get to the menu, you should be able to either directly select your flash drive, or go through a generic USB option.

Different motherboards do it slightly differently, but the process is fairly similar between manufacturers. I can throw something together if you prefer(won't be exact), and of course you can also message me or another user here for assistance. 

I GOT GOOD NEWS I THINK MY PC IS CLEANED NOW BECAUSE IM ABLE TO DOWNLOAD STUFF AND USING COMMAND

45 minutes ago, GamingKid said:

I GOT GOOD NEWS I THINK MY PC IS CLEANED NOW BECAUSE IM ABLE TO DOWNLOAD STUFF AND USING COMMAND

I got the usb with windows what do I do next

38 minutes ago, GamingKid said:

I got the usb with windows what do I do next

Multiple people have explained it a few times. To save us having to do it a few more times, try some videos.