Honda Making Luxury Jet - With Really Weird Engines...

Honda announced that their jet, of which design began in the 80's, is nearly to final production. With a joint project with GE, they've made special turbofans for it. It can carry six passengers and goes about .63 mach. They are looking to get an FAA liscense by 2015.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/21/5735796/honda-is-making-a-luxury-jet-with-really-weird-engines

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

now they should do the value oriented edition, for those on a budget.

If not I'm just going to attach some server grade fans to my chair and put them to 100%, just to feel the sensation.

What's the advantage of placing the engines like that?

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I'm really not sure.

SOurce: I'm not an aerospace engineer.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

According to the article, it makes it so the cabin is more spacious. Plus, it looks really cool. :)

This is actually really old news. Like... years old. Honda has been working on this for a long time. 

Having the engines mounted like that keeps them isolated from the fuselage which greatly reduces cabin noise/vibration etc. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Awww, no Hayabusa engines and no VTEC! that's disappointing :(. I was almost imagining the pilot calling over the PA saying "Please fasten your seatbelts, VTEC just kicked in"

Awww, no Hayabusa engines and no VTEC! that's disappointing :(. I was almost imagining the pilot calling over the PA saying "Please fasten your seatbelts, VTEC just kicked in"

lmfao

Better airflow over the wings. With the engine below the wings, the presence of the engine disrupts the airflow. 

Although in this case, the engine mounting structure also disrupts airflow, but that's after the air passes the wings. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Just like one of the JC2 planes:

Cassius_192_at_Panau_International_Airpo

I wonder if there is any relation, as in design inspiration :blink:  

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

now they should do the value oriented edition, for those on a budget.

If not I'm just going to attach some server grade fans to my chair and put them to 100%, just to feel the sensation.

that's actually the point of this, its a value orientated private jet

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here