Looking for an Easier Solution for Switching Between Displays

Hey guys. It's my first time with more than two monitors, and due to bandwidth limitations, I cannot run them all concurrently. At most, I can have any three of the following:

-Alienware AW3423DW 34" 3440x1440p 144Hz (DisplayPort 1.4)  
-MSI G272QPF 27" 2560x1440p 120 Hz (DisplayPort 1.2)  
-Sensor Panel 7" 1024x600 60 Hz (HDMI to DisplayPort adapter)  
-Samsung S92C 65" 3840x2160p 144Hz (HDMI 2.1)

This is the relevant hardware:

-RTX 4090 FE  
-Ryzen 9 7950X3D  
-MSI X670E ACE

I thought about running the sensor panel off of integrated graphics which would have been ideal. The motherboard has a DisplayPort over USB-C port on the back, but it only works when I have Radeon drivers installed. If I install them, the GeForce drivers stop working, and none of the displays connected to the 4090 receive output.

I can live with only three displays working at a time, but I need a more elegant and convenient solution to switch between them. There are the two scenarios:

1. Alienware, MSI, Sensor Panel
2. Samsung TV, Sensor Panel

Right now, I have to go into Nvidia Control Panel > Set up multiple displays > disable the displays that I don't want > Apply > enable and arrange the displays that I do want > Apply > Change resolution > increase the refresh rate > Apply, then do it all over again when I want to switch back to the other scenario. This wastes valuable time, and is super annoying since my sensor panel through AIDA64 also gets messed up every time even though its position is locked.

Anyone have any ideas for a better solution? Will a KVM help me?

Why not just buy a cheap gpu for the 4th monitor?

2 hours ago, PowerPunch360 said:

Hey guys. It's my first time with more than two monitors, and due to bandwidth limitations, I cannot run them all concurrently. At most, I can have any three of the following:

-Alienware AW3423DW 34" 3440x1440p 144Hz (DisplayPort 1.4)  
-MSI G272QPF 27" 2560x1440p 120 Hz (DisplayPort 1.2)  
-Sensor Panel 7" 1024x600 60 Hz (HDMI to DisplayPort adapter)  
-Samsung S92C 65" 3840x2160p 144Hz (HDMI 2.1)

This is the relevant hardware:

-RTX 4090 FE  
-Ryzen 9 7950X3D  
-MSI X670E ACE

I thought about running the sensor panel off of integrated graphics which would have been ideal. The motherboard has a DisplayPort over USB-C port on the back, but it only works when I have Radeon drivers installed. If I install them, the GeForce drivers stop working, and none of the displays connected to the 4090 receive output.

I can live with only three displays working at a time, but I need a more elegant and convenient solution to switch between them. There are the two scenarios:

1. Alienware, MSI, Sensor Panel
2. Samsung TV, Sensor Panel

Right now, I have to go into Nvidia Control Panel > Set up multiple displays > disable the displays that I don't want > Apply > enable and arrange the displays that I do want > Apply > Change resolution > increase the refresh rate > Apply, then do it all over again when I want to switch back to the other scenario. This wastes valuable time, and is super annoying since my sensor panel through AIDA64 also gets messed up every time even though its position is locked.

Anyone have any ideas for a better solution? Will a KVM help me?

A KVM is to access more computers from one keyboard/mouse/monitor setup. 

as mentioned above, i would get a cheap secondary GPU to run the panel. 

are you sure nvidia drivers dies if you DDU both nvidia and AMD drivers then install AMD drivers, then add the nvidia card and drivers? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2024 at 12:51 AM, MiszS said:

Why not just buy a cheap gpu for the 4th monitor?

On 3/6/2024 at 1:30 AM, Robchil said:

A KVM is to access more computers from one keyboard/mouse/monitor setup. 

as mentioned above, i would get a cheap secondary GPU to run the panel. 

are you sure nvidia drivers dies if you DDU both nvidia and AMD drivers then install AMD drivers, then add the nvidia card and drivers? 

I have an RX 580 lying around, but how is that going to be any different from just using integrated graphics? If there is indeed a driver conflict between the Nvidia and AMD drivers, it's still going to be there.

I tried DDUing again, installing AMD drivers first, and then Nvidia, restarting between each step. Same problem occurs where the GeForce drivers stop working, but I've discovered that as soon as I unplug the monitor going into the integrated graphics, the displays connected to the 4090 start working again. If I plug that monitor back into the motherboard, the others go dark, and most of the options on the left pane of Nvidia Control Panel disappear.

17 minutes ago, PowerPunch360 said:

I have an RX 580 lying around, but how is that going to be any different from just using integrated graphics? If there is indeed a driver conflict between the Nvidia and AMD drivers, it's still going to be there.

I tried DDUing again, installing AMD drivers first, and then Nvidia, restarting between each step. Same problem occurs where the GeForce drivers stop working, but I've discovered that as soon as I unplug the monitor going into the integrated graphics, the displays connected to the 4090 start working again. If I plug that monitor back into the motherboard, the others go dark, and most of the options on the left pane of Nvidia Control Panel disappear.

well.. i wouldn't mix nvidia and amd gpu's.. that's why DDU was created to get everything out before running the other.  guess you found out the hard way. 

in intel igpu would work, or a secondary nvidia card.