This Upgrade Took TWO YEARS – AMD $5000 Ultimate Tech Upgrade

Shahrad

AMD's new Ryzen™ 7 8700G is built ready for high-end graphics upgrade. With the power of personal AI processing, HYPR-RX & AFMF, and AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition providing unprecedented command over Radeon graphics cards and Ryzen processors, It is the ultimate gaming processor for your setup. Buy it at https://lmg.gg/amd8700g or check out the link below for more info:

https://lmg.gg/AMD-AUTU-8700G

Not surprised it took Kyle, our Engineering Manager, 2 years to build this table considering it took him 3 years to finish our LTT Screwdriver….But what you do get is an insanely chaotic time and Linus and Kyle trying not to hurt each other for 30 minutes! Thank again AMD!

Check Out the Tech from Kyle's Ultimate Upgrade! Thanks AMD!

https://lmg.gg/amdkylet

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Man, if this was done back in 2022 I probably would have not bothered with trying to do Thunderbolt 4 stuff. Which while it has been fun has also been much more of a pain then I had expected/hoped.

well at least have more or less the same la[top .. 

wonder what drop has happen this time...

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

2 hours ago, Ittim said:

I just want the files to be able to re-create this table for my DnD group, it looks amazing!

sounds like parts are unsharable due to patents.

2 hours ago, Ittim said:

I just want the files to be able to re-create this table for my DnD group, it looks amazing!

you're playin DnD, you're playin DnD. This whole apartment!!....is playin' DnD.

lmk if you getthe reference

11 hours ago, starsmine said:

#notlegaladvice #notalaywer

Depending on the country you live in the patent(s) might not be a problem, if the table is for private non-commercial use.

The whole 'table patent part' felt a bit strange at first, but there might have been reasons to have it in the video:

• YouTube is a US company and - when I recall correctly - patent laws in the US are stricter than in Canada when it comes to 'private use'. So when anyone recognizes the table's design, LTT is on the safe side.
  • Even for Canadian patent law this might be in a gray area. Although the table itself will only be used non-commercially, it is featured in much detail in a sponsored, monetized video. Again, better safe than sorry.
  • They are Canadians. They are nice (well... mostly... for exceptions watch the video).😉

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,

it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

14 hours ago, starsmine said:

I was wondering, how tf can you be in violation of a patent if you rebuild something for your private use, a single time, at home? Is there anything the patent holder can do if you don't sell anything/use it commercially?

Edit: Seems to be a regional thing (I am not surprised) https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/24148/can-i-build-something-for-personal-use-if-it-is-patented

However even in the Muricas highly unlikely that any patent holder will go after you for privately using their patents.

1 hour ago, Dracarris said:

I was wondering, how tf can you be in violation of a patent if you rebuild something for your private use, a single time, at home? Is there anything the patent holder can do if you don't sell anything/use it commercially?

Edit: Seems to be a regional thing (I am not surprised) https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/24148/can-i-build-something-for-personal-use-if-it-is-patented

However even in the Muricas highly unlikely that any patent holder will go after you for privately using their patents.

generally you are fine, its as soon as you start sharing the files with others that its a problem. 

Kyle could totally be on an Aphex Twin album cover and you probably wouldn't notice lol

Currently working towards fully restoring my ThinkPad T510

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 -- ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT OC Edition 8GB -- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) -- ASRock B450M Steel Legend -- Corsair CX650M -- SAMA IM01 -- Crucial P2 500GB NVMe, 2x Crucial BX500 1TB

What are those shelves used to store the board games?

29 minutes ago, Kambit said:

BoxThrones from Cloudpuncher Games.

27 minutes ago, Kambit said:

I think it's a bunch of these: https://storemyboardgames.com/

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 hours ago, starsmine said:

generally you are fine, its as soon as you start sharing the files with others that its a problem. 

Hm, then better share them anonymously 😇

Clocked the Wyrmwood design immediately. It's an impressive clone, I certainly thought you just bought the topper and aprons directly, and including the patent segment was absolutely the correct thing to do.
They really don't cover it in the video but Kyle's very smartly opened up a very wide range of accessories to fit out his new table with.

Kyle if you're reading this, great work, but I have one tip for you, buy a frame for your wife's professional engineer cert.
It clearly means a lot to her if it's up behind her monitor, I know as an engineer myself it's the sort of gesture I'd appreciate immensely.

image.png.53c463fc6f1630c80278f6f23d89af8a.png

On 2/28/2024 at 1:01 AM, sharedknowledge said:

What's the name / manufacturer of the case? Great video! 🙂

https://www.jonsplus.com/products/bo102.html

On 2/28/2024 at 6:54 AM, HoppePhysicalRemoval said:

What are the cords used to get the output display to the PCs upstairs?

https://www.infinitecables.com/products/aoc-active-optical-cable-displayport-8k-60hz-40gbps-v2-0cable-cmp-plenum-rated?_pos=1&_fid=b17609c91&_ss=c

Something like this for the cables, I'm pretty sure we got Infinite Cables.  They also have HDMI as well as DP

On 2/28/2024 at 1:52 AM, OSKrueger said:

The whole 'table patent part' felt a bit strange at first, but there might have been reasons to have it in the video

It is more or less a grey area when you "rip off" a companies product or design and then film it for your business as a prop and monetize it.
if it is digital media or music, you get DMCA'd hard.
So its more than reasonable to do your due efforts to not end up in a court over it.

tbf its good marketing for the company that they barely paid anything for.

It was an amazing table design kudo's to the patent holder for allowing private use of the table and even sending over some parts he could use. 

Many other big companies would have not allowed this. 

4 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

tbf its good marketing for the company that they barely paid anything for.

You said it. Very few people watching this video will have the skills and resources to build their own dope-ass table, but a lot of them will come away from this video thinking "That's a dope-ass table and I can buy one very much like it from Wormwood."

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16