ssd heat, does it degrade ssd's?

Tocsin_786

so i  got this awesome software, http://cam.nzxt.com/

and this shows up alot now. 

post-6352-0-05599800-1400803468.jpg

is that bad for my ssd. temps reaching 75C

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

There is almost no way that is an accurate temperature for your drive. For SSDs 40c is a normal temperature.

Im pretty sure that number is in Fahrenheit

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

SSD sensors tend to be faulty. Do the touch test and see if the SSD is actually hot. My SSD reads as 128c on some software and the thing is cool to the touch vs the storage drive.

it says 75C.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

it says Celsius on the temp reading. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

SSD sensors tend to be faulty. Do the touch test and see if the SSD is actually hot. My SSD reads as 128c on some software and the thing is cool to the touch vs the storage drive.

I'd cook an egg and bacon on it.

Download CrystalDiskInfo and see what it says, there's no way it's 75 degrees (unless of course you're PC is in an oven :P)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I'd cook an egg and bacon on it.

Yeah..if the sensor were accurate. You could tell something is actually that hot by touching it..followed by yelling a random obsenity, then "OW!"

Yeah..if the sensor were accurate. You could tell something is actually that hot by touching it..followed by yelling a random obsenity, then "OW!"

you would probably smell it, too.

you would probably smell it, too.

Ugh...I remember when my old PSU blew on me..that was a really wicked smell.

so i  got this awesome software, http://cam.nzxt.com/

and this shows up alot now. 

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

is that bad for my ssd. temps reaching 75C

SSDs produce minimal heat because they have no moving parts. You should be fine.

I doubt it's the SSD. It's most likely the software. NZXT CAM is rather new and has many bugs. 

Download CrystalDiskInfo and see what it says

CrystalDiskInfo would probably be better^

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ugh...I remember when my old PSU blew on me..that was a really wicked smell.

I remember setting my old phone on fire. (I called it an accident, but really, how would that happen?)

That smelled bad, too.

I think it may be bugged.

It says my motherboard is 128c. That can't be right when other software read it as 33c.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I doubt it's the SSD. It's most likely the software. NZXT CAM is rather new and has many bugs. 

CrystalDiskInfo would probably be better^

Either way, same concept/rules apply. It's best to touch your SSD than depend on software reading since those can be inaccurate. My SSD is the coolest component in my system :P

Either way, same concept/rules apply. It's best to touch your SSD than depend on software reading since those can be inaccurate. My SSD is the coolest component in my system :P

Kind of hard to tell what's coolest in my system. Everything is ~28-30c.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.