Does Zen 5 clash with NVIDIA?

I currently have a homebrew Windows 10 PC running a Zen 3 CPU and an NVIDIA 2080.

My current setup works fine, but I'm wondering if I upgraded to the Zen 5 CPU (for the extra processors and the bigger cache), which uses a Radeon graphics subsystem, would that cause problems with the NVIDIA card? Would it be a pain to configure, since I don't need two graphics systems (and I like the NVIDIA card fine)? Should I use a different upgrade path? The mb is an AORUS X570, if that matters.

21 minutes ago, Helgemeister said:

I'm wondering if I upgraded to the Zen 5 CPU

Zen 5 hasn't been released yet. I think you're referring to Ryzen 5000 series (this is based on Zen 3)

What CPU specifically are you looking at? Ryzen 5000 doesn't have issues when running with Nvidia cards, though it sounds like you're trying to use an APU like the 5600G for whatever reason, which have significantly worse performance than their non-APU counterparts (I.E. 5600X). 

You cant upgrade to a Zen 4 CPU on x570. Zen 4 uses a new CPU and motherboard type (Going from PGA (pins on CPU) on older zen CPUS to LGA (Pins on mobo).

For the most part it shouldnt cause an issue, if needed you can always disable the IGPU on the CPU.

15 minutes ago, Helgemeister said:

I currently have a homebrew Windows 10 PC running a Zen 3 CPU and an NVIDIA 2080.

My current setup works fine, but I'm wondering if I upgraded to the Zen 5 CPU (for the extra processors and the bigger cache), which uses a Radeon graphics subsystem, would that cause problems with the NVIDIA card? Would it be a pain to configure, since I don't need two graphics systems (and I like the NVIDIA card fine)? Should I use a different upgrade path? The mb is an AORUS X570, if that matters.

Hi! Zen 5 = 9000 series. X3D series uses the bigger L3 cache (3D V-cache). Your motherboard is made for Zen 3 (AM4). The new CPU's uses AM5. You could upgrade to 5800X3D for example and keep motherboard and ram. If you want Zen 5, then you need a new DDR5 ram kit and motherboard, B650, X670/E or the new boards with chipset "B850, X870/E. If everything works ok, then it will make a lot of sense to wait and check performance gains and prices and price drops for the older stuff.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

As others have already said.

There is no Zen5. What you're probably thinking of is Ryzen 5000 which is based on Zen3.

Something to keep in mind is that your current motherboard and RAM is not compatible with Ryzen 5000.

So you would need to replace those if you wanted to change the CPU.

There won't be any issues using an Nvidia graphics card with an AMD processor with an AMD GPU inside it. Right now I got an Intel CPU with an Intel GPU inside it, and I am using my Nvidia graphics card just fine. It's a perfectly normal setup. The integrated graphics is simply not used.

3 hours ago, Helgemeister said:

I currently have a homebrew Windows 10 PC

maybe the most interesting way i've ever heard anyone say this