[PR] Arctic releases new Liquid Freezer III AIOs with a hefty discount with its launch

filpo

I purchased one of these (the 240 in black) the second they launched on Amazon. Been running it the past couple of days and its incredible. Absolutely silent while in stock configuration and keeps my 7800X3d cool. Plus, happy to support a company like Arctic who actually give a shit about their customers and the quality of their products.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

5 hours ago, Salted Spinach said:

Arctic's choice of fan seems to be for the silence. You can always swap them out for ones that you prefer.

If they were as powerful as a leaf blower, would probably also sound as loud. And then it would forever be ranked worst in all noise normalized tests

I know why they chose those fans and you are correct - it's because it allows them to enjoy the somewhat undeserved title of the quietest AIOs. I daresay that if we were to compare one to the TR Frozen Notte or similar, the Arctic would find a viable contender. I find it strange that TR AIOs tend not to show up in comparisons, including the above one by GN, despite the fact that the PA120 is there. Some companies, like TR, are very smart about how they launch a particular product into the public eye. AFAIK, TR got the PA120 to become a frequently recommended cooler by sending it to many reviewers at the same time, presumably with a "do not release review before" date, resulting in the market being suddenly saturated with the new "champ" (as GN dubbed it, despite the fact that it's not able to handle the hottest CPUs, and GN pointed that out). Now, even with the PA being jostled by the PS120, the FC140 and the FS140, people still recommend it far more than is warranted because they aren't paying attention to whether the person's CPU will overwhelm the PA120. I admit that I've made that mistake previously but it's so hard to sort out all of the products that TR offers because they have too many different coolers, and too many versions of the same cooler (up to 10, I think, for at least one cooler), and the difference in results between them often isn't significant.

I feel that Arctic and TR are important players in the market because they provide decent quality products at a lower price, filling a large volume niche that overpriced companies like Corsair, NZXT and Lian Li don't want to serve. And, as you said and as I've been telling people for several months now: all you have to do to make your cooler (air or water) better is use better fans. Happily, after I started doing that, I've seen an increase in the number of people sharing the same message, which is a win for consumers who want the best performance. I'm not saying that I was the first person to say it - I doubt that I'm smart enough to have realized it before anyone else, especially with so many people who've been dealing with cooling for far longer than I have - although I don't know who did.

I've got an Everflow 3000 RPM 6 mmAq as exhaust on the back of my case and it gets quite loud when needed...Not nearly as loud as a leaf blower, or even my Delta @ 35.89 mmAq!

TR and Arctic are also important because they demonstrate that, in fact, making fans and coolers is actually quite cheap, and the prices and proprietary connectors are all just market abuse and market share grab attempts. I might consider getting a Lian Li product if I can get it at a realistic price (their new stuff always seems massively overpriced, yet people will still buy) because at least they have connectors that are compatible with other brands and adapters for the standard mobo headers, whereas I refuse to buy NZXT because their connectors are incompatible. On the other hand, Lian Li doesn't seem to have good customer support - at least not in my limited experience when I asked them repeatedly how to get parts that I'm missing and aren't being sold at Micro Center or anywhere else - they only want to sell them through Ali Express, which I don't use. That whole experience was also spread out over several weeks, not including the months I waited after I contacted them through their website but never got a response. In sharp contrast, when I had a problem with an NZXT fan's ARGB lighting not being recognized by CAM and not functioning correctly, all I had to do was show proof of purchase and product photos, and they sent me a replacement fan with no hassles. Having worked in customer/tech support for a long time, these differences speak volumes about each company's attitude towards their relationship with consumers. If only NZXT would change their business strategy for getting customers, perhaps they'd do a lot better.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

12 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

I’m curious to see a fan roundup comparison on this now. Got a feeling there won’t be too much of a difference?

TL;DR, throw T30's on it and everything gets better. 

Source: buddy who put T30's on his LFIII for testing.

2 hours ago, Ralfi said:

I’m curious to see a fan roundup comparison on this now. Got a feeling there won’t be too much of a difference?

STS did a video where they replaced the fans on the LF3 with P12 Maxes and got better results.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of fan comparison you want to see...? I think that if you take an AIO with weak fans and put strong fans on it, you should see a significant improvement. One thing I'm not sure about is how much pump speed factors into it.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

2 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

TL;DR, throw T30's on it and everything gets better. 

Yeah, T30s, Seasonic Magflow, Super Flower Megacool and several others all have the power to upgrade a cooler.

Add the Delta I mentioned and you might strip the paint off the rad. 🤣

Edited by RevGAM

8 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

throw T30's on it and everything gets better. 

Interesting. Was it a big difference?

6 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I'm not exactly sure what kind of fan comparison you want to see...?

I’d like to see the same number of fans attached to the LFIII, as 6 fans will be hard to fit in many cases. Curious to know how various fans go.

36 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

I’d like to see the same number of fans attached to the LFIII, as 6 fans will be hard to fit in many cases. Curious to know how various fans go.

Well, I've got about 350 different fans, but most I only have 1 of them, but I'm actually about to finish comparing the TR Frozen Notte 360 with the Megacool fans. I know from testing on the Noctua U12A that one T30 is better than two A12x25. I think someone told me that Linus used to do this?

10 hours ago, RevGAM said:

STS did a video where they replaced the fans on the LF3 with P12 Maxes and got better results.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of fan comparison you want to see...? I think that if you take an AIO with weak fans and put strong fans on it, you should see a significant improvement. One thing I'm not sure about is how much pump speed factors into it.

The stock "Silent Typhoon" style fans are excellent balance between noise and pressure imo. I'm running Liquid Freezer 2 240mm with 2x BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 with additional 3D printed frame to eliminate pressure leakage because of how SW3 are made and it's amazing, but if I wasn't a BeQuiet "fanboy", I'd just keep the stock fans that came with the cooler.

28 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

The stock "Silent Typhoon" style fans are excellent balance between noise and pressure imo. I'm running Liquid Freezer 2 240mm with 2x BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 with additional 3D printed frame to eliminate pressure leakage because of how SW3 are made and it's amazing, but if I wasn't a BeQuiet "fanboy", I'd just keep the stock fans that came with the cooler.

Picture of the frame, please.

21 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Picture of the frame, please.

It looks like this. This is the end frame so it extends outside the fan area and avoids the tubes and adds extra anti-leak surface. The wall around the edges is to prevent warping when printed with PLA as radiator gets toasty and with flat design the frame warped a bit. No warping with this design. I'll upload the models to Thingiverse when I get from work in the evening.

SW3Frame.jpg

I just finished testing. I'm going to start a new thread about this because I don't want to hijack this thread. @GuiltySpark_@freeagent@RejZoR

5 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

It looks like this. This is the end frame so it extends outside the fan area and avoids the tubes and adds extra anti-leak surface. The wall around the edges is to prevent warping when printed with PLA as radiator gets toasty and with flat design the frame warped a bit. No warping with this design. I'll upload the models to Thingiverse when I get from work in the evening.

SW3Frame.jpg

Cool. Are you aware that there are silicone frames similar to this already?

28 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Cool. Are you aware that there are silicone frames similar to this already?

I am, but they are hard to find and shipping costs more than item itself. Also SW3 seems to have an odd inner ring shape so those generic ones don't fit well. This one is my own custom design and I just print stuff as needed.

These are extremely interesting at their price. I picked one up on the first day as my EK basic was acting a bit wonky lately anyways 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, the good old Cheap is Cheap.

Don't get me wrong, the original II was amazing and it still is.

This with the RGB though? Wouldn't touch with some 2 feet clear tubing...