Faulty motherboard?

So i recently took my motherboard out,to try to mount a new cooler and failed since the socket didnt match,after i put my motherboard back and installed everything my motheboard made 3 long beeps and 2 short one,i had no display on monitor and my keyboard lit up,nothing else.I have a OMEN Obelisk prebuild,the motherboard make and model is OMEN(hp) 86d3.I tried looking up the error code on hp site and found out it's a memory issue.I tried removing one ram stick,then changing them(i have 2 sticks,one 16gb and one 8gb) and still nothing,only after a while i tried chaning the slots,and the slot 1 is not working at all,while slot 2 seems to be working,but while having both ram sticks installed i keep getting the same error code,3 long beeps 2 short ones.If i turn on and use my pc with the 2nd slot,everything is so laggy,barely runs and my internet is horrible,from 1gbps down to around 20-30 mbps,while having around 500mbps on wi-fi,any tips on what i can do? is it just a faulty motherboard and needs to be changed?

If you messed with the mounting hardware then I'd make sure it has been reinstalled correctly. as memory and boot issues can be caused by improper mounts (too tight, too loose, uneven).

Typically these HP prebuilt desktops are proprietary boards, so most standard coolers don't work. That aside it sounds like something happened during you attempting the new cooler install, either the board had residual power and something was shorted when it was removed, or something has broken. If you had to do or tried to force anything to fit that could be an issue. It could also be that the CPU has come loose or the old cooler was improperly mounted, if the CPU or CPU cooler isn't mounted/seated properly the CPU can trip errors such as that. I'd try power cycling the board, as well as a CMOS reset, double check all cables and the CPU are seated properly. 

If it still doesn't work a motherboard replacement is wise however if it's a proprietary board/case/PSU, you can't just buy any off the shelf board for replacement. You would need to try to fine a used/working version of the exact board you already have. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

18 minutes ago, Tetras said:

If you messed with the mounting hardware then I'd make sure it has been reinstalled correctly. as memory and boot issues can be caused by improper mounts (too tight, too loose, uneven).

This, my money is uneven contact pressure on the cooler when you put it back on.

Remove the cooler, repaste, tighten cooler down evenly, try again

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x