Audio Technica ATH-AD700

kidrangpker

Presumably you mean bypassing the amp of the E17 to use the E9K and not double amping, which is absolutely not advisable.

Yes. You use E17 as a DAC and E9K as an AMP which is better that each of them alone.

Yes. You use E17 as a DAC and E9K as an AMP which is better that each of them alone.

wht does dac mean?

wht does dac mean?

Digital-to-Analogue Converter 

Digital-to-Analogue Converter 

how would a Fiio e17 boost sound quality even though it only gives more power to it?

how would a Fiio e17 boost sound quality even though it only gives more power to it?

Fiio E17's DAC has superior sound quality (and latency) to the Fiio E9K one. Fiio E9K has more powerful AMP than E17. If you combine them you get the best of both worlds. However, I don't think you need all that power to drive AD700's so you should be pretty much set with Fiio E17 (Fiio E9K is HIGHLY optional for you).

Fiio E17's DAC has superior sound quality (and latency) to the Fiio E9K one. Fiio E9K has more powerful AMP than E17. If you combine them you get the best of both worlds. However, I don't think you need all that power to drive AD700's so you should be pretty much set with Fiio E17.

Alright but I might be using on board sound for a while until i get money fo Fiio E17

Alright but I might be using on board sound for a while until i get money fo Fiio E17

Then you should be blown away by the upcoming change  :)

Do you think realtek ALC898 (sorry if i got it wrong Mobo is asrock z77 extreme 4)  would be fine until i get it :P?

Do you think realtek ALC898 (sorry if i got it wrong Mobo is asrock z77 extreme 4)  would be fine until i get it :P?

I would be surprised if you weren't :) Even through the on board you will get nice clarity and decent imaging cause AD700s are so good. once you get the Fiio you will see a huge difference in not so much clarity but separation of individual sounds, you will hear more of the small details of the sound as well as a lot of other benefits if you use them for music...

I would be surprised if you weren't :) Even through the on board you will get nice clarity and decent imaging cause AD700s are so good. once you get the Fiio you will see a huge difference in not so much clarity but separation of individual sounds, you will hear more of the small details of the sound as well as a lot of other benefits if you use them for music...

Awesome man <3!! thanks I learned alot more :D

Then you should be blown away by the upcoming change  :)

thanks man do you think the Realtek ALC 898 onboard audio will do fine until i get the Fiio E17?

Wait does this just make the sound clear or actually makes it sound better :P?

thanks man do you think the Realtek ALC 898 onboard audio will do fine until i get the Fiio E17?

It should be just fine.  You really don't even need an e17/e10, or any special amp of any sort for those.

once you get the Fiio you will see a huge difference in not so much clarity but separation of individual sounds, you will hear more of the small details of the sound as well as a lot of other benefits if you use them for music...

>you will see a huge difference in not so much clarity but separation of individual sounds

and then

>you will hear more of the small details of the sound as well as a lot of other benefits

so, let me get this straight:

seperation != clarity

detail = seperation

therefore:

detail != clarity

what-am-i-reading.jpg

I'm sorry, I'm not so good with these head-fi-ims.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys appreciate the nuances of your headphones more than the music itself  :P

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Wait does this just make the sound clear or actually makes it sound better :P?

More sound better but probably a little clearer due to better stereo imaging and timing cause of the DAC. Your on board will be fine :)

Lyons, on 15 May 2013 - 1:58 PM, said:

Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys appreciate the nuances of your headphones more than the music itself :P

h264, on 15 May 2013 - 1:53 PM, said:

It should be just fine. You really don't even need an e17/e10, or any special amp of any sort for those.

>you will see a huge difference in not so much clarity but separation of individual sounds

and then

>you will hear more of the small details of the sound as well as a lot of other benefits

so, let me get this straight:

seperation != clarity

detail = seperation

therefore:

detail != clarity

what-am-i-reading.jpg

I'm sorry, I'm not so good with these head-fi-ims.

Ok, so I'm not the best with the terms, but trust me i wouldn't be spending the money on gear if i didn't hear the difference....What i was basically trying to put across is that the fiio wont make a huge difference in transparency, as the headphones themselves will have more impact on that than source or amplification by far.

How would you guys describe the difference the Fiio will make for the OP's AD700s?

+1 for awesome headphones

as stated  

great soundstage

lite on bass tho

do no regret buying one little bit

hope that helps

got my coupled with zalman clip on mic and asus xonar dgx btw

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions

+1 for awesome headphones

as stated  

great soundstage

lite on bass tho