Audio Technica ATH-AD700

kidrangpker

Hey guys , I want to know if the headset listed above is good for gaming and listen to music . I plan on using a mod mic on it so I can chat with some friends. I would like to know a good sound card so I can get the best sound. But if you don't think these headphones are good please offer another headphones with a decent sound card.

Extremely good for gaming, keep in mind they are open back so they will leak sound and let sound in. Sorry i cant help you with sound cards.

Extremely good for gaming, keep in mind they are open back so they will leak sound and let sound in. Sorry i cant help you with sound cards.

​Thanks for the reply if you don't mind asking how do you think the sound of the Modmic it sounds fine but for the price not half bad .

I'd say sound card wise, use something like a fiio e7/e10 and use onboard for the mic.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I'd say sound card wise, use something like a fiio e7/e10 and use onboard for the mic.

I'll second this unless you want an internal soundcard. In that case just pick whatever ASUS soundcard you're willing to pay the price for and enjoy.

The ModMic is pretty great.  ;)

They have an excellent positioning; however, they lack any bass presence what so ever. Depends on the music you are into, but it could pose a problem for you.

They have an excellent positioning; however, they lack any bass presence what so ever. Depends on the music you are into, but it could pose a problem for you.

they might not be a threat because I don't listen to music that use bass or much of it

I'll second this unless you want an internal soundcard. In that case just pick whatever ASUS soundcard you're willing to pay the price for and enjoy.

The ModMic is pretty great.  ;)

I would like to ask if the do you think the Asus xonar DG is good?

they might not be a threat because I don't listen to music that use bass or much of it

In that case AD700's are an excellent headphone choice.

Get Fiio E10 OLYMPUS instead (or Fiio E17), your ears will thank me later (you can pair it with Astro Mixamp Pro if you desire virtual surround).

Get Fiio E10 OLYMPUS instead (or Fiio E17), your ears will thank me later (you can pair it with Astro Mixamp Pro if you desire virtual surround).

After Searching all the ones you said and the one the guy above said  i see that some are not sold In the US . I would want to know which do you think would be the best for gaming and listening to music :P?

After Searching all the ones you said and the one the guy above said  i see that some are not sold In the US . I would want to know which do you think would be the best for gaming and listening to music :P?

You Liar. Look how fast I found them on Amazon. :P

Fiio E17 or Fiio E10  (sadly not the new OLYMPUS version)

and

Astro Mixamp Pro

Those Fiio products aren't even in the same price class of a Xonar DG  :P

Do take into account you asked for "I would like to know a good sound card so I can get the best sound" and that better sound requires a higher price.

I have actually purchased an ASUS xonar DG in the past and my experience was pleasant, though I had some issues installing the drivers (eventually they worked for seemingly no reason). Windows 7 could make use of the headphone port and mic port without using the drivers, however. For 30 bucks it's pretty good, but compare it with a 70-100 dollar product and it sucks.

The Fiios products are a good pair with those headphones if you don't mind them being external from your computer.  ;) 

You Liar. Look how fast I found them on Amazon. :P

Fiio E17 or Fiio E10  (sadly not the new OLYMPUS version)

and

Astro Mixamp Pro

I meant only the Fiio E10 Olympus edition so I would like to know which one would be more beneficial 

Those Fiio products aren't even in the same price class of a Xonar DG  :P

Do take into account you asked for "I would like to know a good sound card so I can get the best sound" and that better sound requires a higher price.

I have actually purchased an ASUS xonar DG in the past and my experience was pleasant, though I had some issues installing the drivers (eventually they worked for seemingly no reason). Windows 7 could make use of the headphone port and mic port without using the drivers, however. For 30 bucks it's pretty good, but compare it with a 70-100 dollar product and it sucks.

The Fiios products are a good pair with those headphones if you don't mind them being external from your computer.  ;) 

I honestly don't mind , i just want the best sound quality for the money

I meant only the Fiio E10 Olympus edition so I would like to know which one would be more beneficial 

You can just get the regular Fiio E10 and save money to buy the mixamp later. (Or pay for the Fiio E17 if you want the best sound - better that Asus Xonar STX even).

You can just get the regular Fiio E10 and save money to buy the mixamp later. (Or pay for the Fiio E17 if you want the best sound - better that Asus Xonar STX even).

I don't understand what you mean , may you restate what you mean because I don't know if you say the Fiio E17 is better than the Asus Xonar STX or the other way around but do you think it is worth spending the extra cash for the Fiio e17 over the E10? I have recently seen the Fiio E09K amp , I am not a huge person about audio I.E. why i made this post , I would like to know what the Fiio E09K amp does I asume I think i know what it does..

I don't understand what you mean , may you restate what you mean because I don't know if you say the Fiio E17 is better than the Asus Xonar STX or the other way around but do you think it is worth spending the extra cash for the Fiio e17 over the E10? I have recently seen the Fiio E09K amp , I am not a huge person about audio I.E. why i made this post , I would like to know what the Fiio E09K amp does I asume I think i know what it does..

Fiio E17 > STX or any other Fiio (In my opinion). It is expensive however. You can go with Fiio E10 or E9K (larger destop amp) if you want to save some cash. 

Hey guys , I want to know if the headset listed above is good for gaming and listen to music.

The AD700 is bass light but if you don't mind that should be fine. If you have the extra money there is a new one out called the AD700X.

Headset

Fiio E17 > STX or any other Fiio (In my opinion). It is expensive however. You can go with Fiio E10 or E9K (larger destop amp) if you want to save some cash. 

So I might get the E17 do you think it is better than the E9k?

So I might get the E17 do you think it is better than the E9k?

They are both AMAZING. If you want to do gaming get E17 (better latency than internal soundcards). If you want mostly music and some gaming get either one or both (you can plug one into another for double amping).

They are both AMAZING. If you want to do gaming get E17 (better latency than internal soundcards). If you want mostly music and some gaming get either one or both (you can plug one into another for double amping).

Alright man I'll get the E17 than maybe the E9k later :)

Alright man I'll get the E17 than maybe the E9k later :)

You won't regret it. Although you way not need to buy the E9k (AD700are quite low impedance) - get the Mixamp for virtual surround instead.

Presumably you mean bypassing the amp of the E17 to use the E9K and not double amping, which is absolutely not advisable.

Headset

Not 100% sure but i i don't think the E17 is compatible with the E9, only the E10 i'm pretty sure.