10.7v Minimum Under Load

JoshAbstract

I've been having random restarts while playing games here lately. Ive done everything short of reinstalling windows. I ran memtest all night long and got no errors. reseated everything. Checked Temps, DDUed all drivers. Problem is intermediate, Screen goes black and the system does a reboot cycle. There have been a couple times where the system did not fully shut down, the screen blacked out and all i/o (keyboard etc) died, but the computer its self was still running. This stuff happens sometimes when loading game assets just getting into a lobby, sometimes it can take 2-3 hours of playing for it to happen.

I sat in bios and noticed that my 12v rail was dropping to 11.3V but going back up to a semi steady 11.6-11.7 SO that gave me the idea to run HWINFO/Monitor and monitor the voltages. The first Graph is at idle just on the desktop. The 2nd and 3rd are while under stress. 2nd was stressed with Haven Benchmark, 3rd was in-game voltages (Hell Let Loose). The third one was logged after I had another black screen restart.. I ordered a PSU just for the hell of it because I figured I might need a better one soon anyway. Is this PSU bad?

HWReport Idle.png

HWReport 2.png

HWReport3.png

Thermaltake Smart BX1 RGB 80+ Bronze 550W SLI/Crossfire Haswell Ready Continuous Power ATX12V v2.31 / EPS 12V Non-Modular PS-SPR-0550NHFABU-1 

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (3.5ghz)

Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb DDR4-3200mhz (2666mhz) 

Nvidia Founders Edition GTX 1070 

Asus Strix B-350-F Motherboard

Silicon Power Ace A55 500gb SSD (windows OS boot

Western Digital 1TB 7200 HDD (Windows

OCZ Vertex3 60GB ssd (Linux PopOS boot)

Fujitsu 120 GB HDD (Linux PopOS)

I have yet to put my meter on the PSU - Graphics Card 12v lead, I couldn't get a clear answer on whether or not I should disconnect the rest of the system before doing so. I figured as long as I didn't accidentally cross the meter leads while doing it that it shouldn't short, but I didn't want to risk being wrong.