What would you all think about a collab with Coffezilla?

Mongobit

Hi Folks,

Just watched Coffee's latest vid about the computer and storage issues he is going through with the secondary channel he is reviving. Damaged Mobo, damaged CPU pins, fried boot M.2 and lost footage from that drive.

The whole time I and flashing back to the storinator/ pc build collabs with Slowmo Guys, Hacksmith, MKBHD, iJustine, SmarterEveryday, KallMeKris and others.

Who thinks Linus would be interested in helping out someone that has said on his Nicehash response vid that he is a fan and also took them to task about that company and its founders history?

for the record i am not associated with Coffeezilla but i am a Patreon supporter of his.

the vid i am reffering to:

I think theres plenty of experts that exist that arent LMG that can do the exact same thing

LTT only does collabs with zoomer audience memelords now. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

LTT only does collabs with zoomer audience memelords now. 

IIRC it's been a few years since they did do Rog Rig Reboot.

I hope you see the /s in that. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

If LMG did a collab with every creator with PC problems we'd get nothing but them. Needs to be some sort of cross-over of interest

Honestly, it sounds like he has a general handle on things himself anyways.  Probably just a bad power supply, or something similar that caused the crackle/fried hdd.

20 hours ago, Mongobit said:

The whole time I and flashing back to the storinator/ pc build collabs with Slowmo Guys, Hacksmith, MKBHD, iJustine, SmarterEveryday, KallMeKris and others.

Honestly the whole Storinator stuff would be exactly why I think anyone should just run from LTT.

Just as a reminder, this is the same kind of platform setup that seems to have caused LTT data loss on their archive because it wasn't setup right, and they didn't have the automated messaging of issues arising.

iJustine - Moved to Jellyfish, because LTT's setup clearly wasn't meant for her workflow.  Yes it's great to have all those nice features but if you need someone more tech-savvy to utilize it it becomes a nightmare.  Users like iJustine are looking almost for a set and forget setup or at least one where if an issue arises you don't have ample support (something Jellyfish can do0

SlowMo Guys - greatly appears as though he didn't do any research on how much data Gavin had.  SlowMo guys now uses a new storage alternative.

In general LTT itself seems to have issues with their workflow from the appearance of things as well, so I wouldn't necessarily trust them to make a solution that doesn't end up having it's own "gotchas" that someone like Coffezilla might need their help again to diagnose.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

9 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Honestly, it sounds like he has a general handle on things himself anyways.  Probably just a bad power supply, or something similar that caused the crackle/fried hdd.

Honestly the whole Storinator stuff would be exactly why I think anyone should just run from LTT.

Just as a reminder, this is the same kind of platform setup that seems to have caused LTT data loss on their archive because it wasn't setup right, and they didn't have the automated messaging of issues arising.

iJustine - Moved to Jellyfish, because LTT's setup clearly wasn't meant for her workflow.  Yes it's great to have all those nice features but if you need someone more tech-savvy to utilize it it becomes a nightmare.  Users like iJustine are looking almost for a set and forget setup or at least one where if an issue arises you don't have ample support (something Jellyfish can do0

SlowMo Guys - greatly appears as though he didn't do any research on how much data Gavin had.  SlowMo guys now uses a new storage alternative.

In general LTT itself seems to have issues with their workflow from the appearance of things as well, so I wouldn't necessarily trust them to make a solution that doesn't end up having it's own "gotchas" that someone like Coffezilla might need their help again to diagnose.

Yes but creators did learn quite bit about tech and is far for confident in making choices on which tech or workflow works best for them.

To be honest it's not waste.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

LTT isn't tech support, especially for people with actual needs and problems and not want to be janky AF and fiddle around everything all the time.

I am not saying LMG didn't have people who know what they do and have expertise and wisdom in things they do. It's more just that LTT viewers probably don't want to watch 15 minute recap of setting up good old solid storage that doesn't have any glitter, ADHD, brand spanking new features and doesn't boast the newest and most powerful hardware possible. Building rocksolid editing rig that isn't boasting halo products and doesn't have some "wow"-thing in it and installing normal NAS just isn't LTT video and I presume staff knows it and won't be doing that kind of video but would stuff it like thanksgiving turkey with that kind of stuff that would lead to janky as fuck shit that "just doesn't work" but requires support and care afterwards more than people would give and even could give.

Like imagine some (imaginary) Top Fuel dragster channel making video about fixing someones work truck, could they do it? Totally but the guy probably won't be very happy with his truck now running only with nitromethane and being incapable to drive longer than a minute and requiring engine rebuild after every couple of drives and the viewers wouldn't like to watch them rebuild just everyday diesel engine without it being at least rigged with enough horsepower to do drag racing.

You have to remember that all those kinds of collabs where Linus just hands over expensive tech are sponsored. And usually its sponsors who suggest usecase. The actual collabs, like the first one with ELECTROBOOM was purely about combining their skills and interests. No sleezy deals about free stuff.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, BoomerDutch said:

Yes but creators did learn quite bit about tech and is far for confident in making choices on which tech or workflow works best for them.

To be honest it's not waste.

I'd argue they didn't, and the video that LTT created as a response to the creators moving to other solutions just shows how inept LTT is when it comes to a proper analysis before doing a recommendation.

LTT in those videos assumed particular workflows and assumed how they would be using their stuff.  All the collab really did was give them a system that they didn't really understand and effectively switched away from.

Actually I view what LTT did as almost dangerous in that they setup the creators with a technology they might not necessarily understand and might not realize the downfalls of (i.e. the fact that LTT lost data shows that they didn't necessarily setup equipment right to alert properly)

9 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

I'd argue they didn't, and the video that LTT created as a response to the creators moving to other solutions just shows how inept LTT is when it comes to a proper analysis before doing a recommendation.

LTT in those videos assumed particular workflows and assumed how they would be using their stuff.  All the collab really did was give them a system that they didn't really understand and effectively switched away from.

Actually I view what LTT did as almost dangerous in that they setup the creators with a technology they might not necessarily understand and might not realize the downfalls of (i.e. the fact that LTT lost data shows that they didn't necessarily setup equipment right to alert properly)

It's just not right product i get it.

But not everything can be idiotproof or develop human interface that everyone understands or uses and yes it's not perfect secure either because it's custom made.

but not all tech tips is wrong either although it did broaden their view to the tech and found alternative solutions.

But then again people gonna use devices that are easy to use and is usually made by companies and congrats to them it's working great for them.

But man i dislike companies so much if they make great product then make it worse because they want more profit.

🛌

21 minutes ago, BoomerDutch said:

It's just not right product i get it.

But not everything can be idiotproof or develop human interface that everyone understands or uses and yes it's not perfect secure either because it's custom made.

Giving someone a product though that is a wrong fit can do more damage than doing nothing at all though.

As an example so many people online for example have run into issues where they expanded their pools not realizing that by doing so they now created a single point of failure because they didn't understand the technology behind it.

I do agree you can't make everything idiot proof, but it's like giving someone a Linux based computer when all they have ever used is Windows.  The Jellyfish ones offer something that is much more out of the box experience and has things that will warn them of issues (and a tech that can help them out).

25 minutes ago, BoomerDutch said:

But then again people gonna use devices that are easy to use and is usually made by companies and congrats to them it's working great for them.

But man i dislike companies so much if they make great product then make it worse because they want more profit.

🛌

They are offering a service.  Plain and simple as that.  There's a reason why the open source services have as easy to use stuff.

5 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

They are offering a service.  Plain and simple as that.  There's a reason why the open source services have as easy to use stuff.

Yeah if they stop manipulating us that would be great 👍

On 2/12/2024 at 1:15 PM, Mongobit said:

Who thinks Linus would be interested in helping out someone that has said on his Nicehash response vid that he is a fan and also took them to task about that company and its founders history?

I think this collab would be great. I created an account to post about this. 
Linus and Luke have both stated they like Coffeezilla's channel in a WAN show a year ago.  
Coffeezilla does long form investigation and puts a lot of work in investigating shady stuff. He's not just some random influencer talking about himself non-stop. 
Also, like you said he made a video about the NiceHash Crypto mining video Linus posted 2 years back.