Turbo Downloaders...

Hi, I lately have been downloading stuff from mediafire and noticed a "Turbo-Downloader" option, I turned it on and BAM, 950MB (Mega Bytes not Bits!!) in less than a minute. The crazy part is that my bandwith is just  100MBit so like 12.5MB. After it got to me I checked in here to ask you guys if any one has a understanding of how this is possible, and if anyone would be willing to explain this as it made me curious as heck to get this questionmark out of my brain.

12 minutes ago, Sentim said:

Hi, I lately have been downloading stuff from mediafire and noticed a "Turbo-Downloader" option, I turned it on and BAM, 950MB (Mega Bytes not Bits!!) in like a minute. The crazy part is that my bandwith is just  100MBit so like 12.5MB. After it got to me I checked in here to ask you guys if any one has a understanding of how this is possible, and if anyone would be willing to explain this as it made me curious as heck to get this questionmark out of my brain.

It lubricates the series of tubes between your PC and their servers with 100% pure snake oil, so the ones and zeros slide through easier.

(You're right, it isn't possible. They're trying to wow you with pretend numbers, or at best the figures they present are extremely misleading.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

5 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

tf is mediafire doing

Lying.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

it semi real however never always works

server on the internet can limit bandwidth by connection on the server side so you have 1gb internet but the server will refuse give you more 10mbs bandwidth some downloading tool CAN how ever make multiple server connection's but depend on the server side.

you can also pay for more server bandwidth I'm guessing media I making you pay for more bandwidth 

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.
Hey heads up I  have writing disorder I try my best but still make errors. 

It's probably compressing the data when sending and unpacking it when received, like how Steam does it.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain