Mac Address is Awesome

I just realized how great Mac Address is as a YouTube channel. The idea has been done before, but the execution on this one is perfect. Everything feels minimal and clean and so different to other Linus Media Group productions that you would think that it’s a completely different channel or even a small channel run by a few guys who like cameras and Apple products. I’m convinced that there’s a small minority of people that know Mac Address as “that cool channel that makes videos about Apple products” and not “Linus’ apple channel” 

Well done to Jonathon & team for building such a cool brand

Off the bet i will say i hate crapple so a youtube channel just on crapple would never be something that was for me.

I will say anyone working on a youtube channel and is able to make it work, good on ya that isn't easy.

That said i think youtube channels who focus only on crapple are part of the cult if they want to admit it or not.

I have no issue with a clean and minimal production but i just really dont like the style or look of mac address that's why its the only LTT channel i dont sub to or watch. crapple only channels try to appeal to crapple fanboys and when they do that will never have any content worth watching IMO at that point your no better then crapples press release.

Before anyone calls me a windows or PC fan i bloody hate microsoft, Im a fan of PC's yes but for what they let you do with them unlike crapple where its what crapple lets you do with em and only if the dev scratched crapples back.

14 hours ago, joshfrog said:

Off the bet i will say i hate crapple so a youtube channel just on crapple would never be something that was for me.

I will say anyone working on a youtube channel and is able to make it work, good on ya that isn't easy.

That said i think youtube channels who focus only on crapple are part of the cult if they want to admit it or not.

I have no issue with a clean and minimal production but i just really dont like the style or look of mac address that's why its the only LTT channel i dont sub to or watch. crapple only channels try to appeal to crapple fanboys and when they do that will never have any content worth watching IMO at that point your no better then crapples press release.

Before anyone calls me a windows or PC fan i bloody hate microsoft, Im a fan of PC's yes but for what they let you do with them unlike crapple where its what crapple lets you do with em and only if the dev scratched crapples back.

This message makes it seem like you're bringing your personal disliking for Apple and their products into my comment on the production value and effort put into MA content. Lol.

Its a channel making crapple content, the production value is focused on crapple style its very much one in the same as far as i'm concerned.

You are very welcome to like mac address and crapple all you like just like i'm very welcome to hate crapple and mac address.

I still do not like the style of mac address it looks like all the other crapple centric channels on youtube. 

4 minutes ago, joshfrog said:

Its a channel making crapple content, the production value is focused on crapple style its very much one in the same as far as i'm concerned.

You are very welcome to like mac address and crapple all you like just like i'm very welcome to hate crapple and mac address.

I still do not like the style of mac address it looks like all the other crapple centric channels on youtube. 

You seem to watch a lot of content for a brand you say you hate. 

Not sure that is a very good idea.

I used to manage 40+ crapple devices for a media production company.

I also have many friends who use crapple devices who i provide support for from time to time and get asked questions about crapple devices.

I also have a strong interest in tech and as much as i hate it crapple pretends to be a tech brand so it comes up.

Before anyone asks why i managed crapple devices when i clearly hate crapple, i didn't choose crapple and as much as i tried to move away from them it wasn't up to me.

3 hours ago, joshfrog said:

I also have many friends who use crapple devices who i provide support for from time to time and get asked questions about crapple devices.

I also have a strong interest in tech and as much as i hate it crapple pretends to be a tech brand so it comes up.

Before anyone asks why i managed crapple devices when i clearly hate crapple, i didn't choose crapple and as much as i tried to move away from them it wasn't up to me.

Sounds like you are/where really bad at your job and inflexible at learning new things when things don’t work the way you are used to.

4 hours ago, joshfrog said:

crapple pretends to be a tech brand

Hey mister believe it or not 'crapple' is the very literal definition of a tech brand, and to the average consumer if you asked them to name a tech brand, it would be in the top 3 answers

20 hours ago, joshfrog said:

crapple... crapple... Crapple...crapple... crapple...  crapples... crapple... crapple... crapples... 

5 hours ago, joshfrog said:

crapple... crapple... crapple... crapple... crapple... 

4 hours ago, joshfrog said:

crapple... crapple... crapple... crapple... crapple...  crapple... crapple...

Word of advice, a zinger kind of loses its punch if you say it 21 times. 

20 hours ago, joshfrog said:

I was working on it.

There is no time limit to writing comments. If you were still working on it then you could have just finished the comment before posting. 

also have a strong interest in tech and as much as i hate it crapple pretends to be a tech brand so it comes up.

What makes you say Apple isn't a tech company? I think they might possibly be the best example of a tech company. They develop their own OS and libraries. They develop their own hardware including GPU, CPU and NPU architectures. They are also highly involved with the development of new process nodes. 

18 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

What makes you say Apple isn't a tech company? I think they might possibly be the best example of a tech company. They develop their own OS and libraries. They develop their own hardware including GPU, CPU and NPU architectures. They are also highly involved with the development of new process nodes. 

B…b…but gamez!

Taking it back to the original topic. I enjoy Mac Address too. The chilled out presenting style and calling Apple out when necessary, being the main reasons.

I find a lot of other Apple focused channels just fawn over the products, making it hard to tell the good from the good, but overpriced, from the crap. There may even be some willing to defend 'that' mouse.

8 hours ago, More Spencer said:

Hey mister believe it or not 'crapple' is the very literal definition of a tech brand, and to the average consumer if you asked them to name a tech brand, it would be in the top 3 answers

< removed by moderation >

crapple has built a cult around the brand and the crap they sell just because it would be in the top 3 answers it doesn't prove there a tech brand just means people who buy there shit really believe all the hype and marketing behind it. 

9 hours ago, Spindel said:

Sounds like you are/where really bad at your job and inflexible at learning new things when things don’t work the way you are used to.

You have no idea who i am or what i did, i built the I.T at the place from the ground up but working for an organization you don't make all the chooses.

I told my boss when we needed new computers that we could get faster, newer and better computers if we went with windows over crapple devices the response my boss told me. i don't care if crapples not the newest or most powerful for the price its about the image and people say crapples look better.

When the person who's in charge doesn't care about the performance value of the hardware and says it's about the image they have drunk the kool-aid of crapples marketing BS. 

To be clear i don't think windows computers are better, many are much worse but for a business who's spending money on over priced hardware because the boss thinks they look better vs a desktop with more performance hardware they are actively choosing to waste money while also slowing down the business.  

8 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Word of advice, a zinger kind of loses its punch if you say it 21 times. 

I get your point but it's not a zinger it's what i call em, if you watched Mr Robot he called E Corp "evil corp" and i just call them crapple and i think its appropriate.

7 hours ago, Spindel said:

I think they might possibly be the best example of a tech company.

The examples you gave are they the only reason you think they are the "best tech company"? to use your words.

You also forgot there bad for the environment, anti-consumer, hostel towards there developers, consumer and partners, pathological liars, care about your privacy as long as you don't live in china or other parts the world where its not convenient, extremely overpriced for hardware upgrades, so far up themselves that nothing is ever there fault its the users for using it wrong and arrogant as a company i could go on but i cant be bothered.

Edited by LogicalDrm
Politics

You aren't making rational, logical arguments, you seem to be letting your emotions cloud your judgment.  But your prejudice doesn't prove anything.  

< removed by moderation >

Your attitude is not very nice and is actively rude and hostile to millions of people.  In part because your old boss wouldn't let you replace the computers with PCs?  wow.  

I used to work in an AppleCare call centre, and Apple isn't perfect, they don't make perfect products, Apple customers aren't perfect... BUT you aren't making good faith or reasonable arguments, which have obvious flaws and holes which makes your arguments appear to be ravings of a lunatic rather than valid criticism based on reality.

Posted from my iPhone. 

Edited by LogicalDrm
Politics

Before this gets out of hand:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members    
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner    
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton    
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted    
  • Remember your audience; both present and future
  • No political content, regardless of your views.     
  • If something spans politics and tech, the discussion must remain clearly within tech and must not descend into politics.    
  • This covers all parts of the site, including status updates and the off topic subforum.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, joshfrog said:

No, Apple is a tech company. What they attempt to portray themselves as however is a lifestyle and fashion brand. This is why Mac content doesn't typically jive much with your typical tech news since the people who care, care for more than just the tech specs of the products. They care about how it looks and how it'll fit into their lifestyle, and how it makes others perceive them.

9 hours ago, joshfrog said:

The examples you gave are they the only reason you think they are the "best tech company"? to use your words.

I didn't say that.

I said they were the best EXAMPLE of a tech company, not that they are the best tech company (how would you even qualify that?). Those are two very different things.

9 hours ago, joshfrog said:

You also forgot there bad for the environment, anti-consumer, hostel towards there developers, consumer and partners, pathological liars, care about your privacy as long as you don't live in china or other parts the world where its not convenient, extremely overpriced for hardware upgrades, so far up themselves that nothing is ever there fault its the users for using it wrong and arrogant as a company i could go on but i cant be bothered.

I think the things you mention have some truth to them, but the way you seem to view them is very wide-sided and simplistic, and a lot of the things you mention are not exactly exclusive to Apple.

I didn't forget the things you mentioned. I didn't mention them because they were irrelevant to the conversation, and the conversation is "is Apple a tech company or not". It doesn't make sense to use "they are bad for the environment" as an argument for why they shouldn't be classified as a tech company.

Bringing that up in this conversation just seems odd. It comes across as someone throwing a temper tantrum and just wanting to shoehorn in all the reasons why they feel like Apple is a bad company even though it's not relevant to the discussion at all.

On 2/10/2024 at 2:57 PM, joshfrog said:

That's nice. For someone with such a heavy disdain of everything apple, you sure like to talk about how well you know their products.

On 2/10/2024 at 10:43 PM, joshfrog said:

I get your point but it's not a zinger it's what i call em, if you watched Mr Robot he called E Corp "evil corp" and i just call them crapple and i think its appropriate.

It does make you come across as extremely unhinged.

You for some reason felt the uncontrollable urge to reply to a thread where a guy just simply said "I like this channel" that happened to be based around Apple which caused the rest of this thread.

On 2/9/2024 at 12:44 PM, joshfrog said:

Crapple? Are you 6?