0% bottleneck

so i put my gpu and cpu in a calculator and it says 0% bottleneck this seems to good to be true i was expecting like at least 0.6% bottleneck but can it really be 0%

"I used a random number generator and it gave me 0, how is that possible?"

Bottleneck calculator websites are completely meaningless garbage. You'd get more insight in to how your computer performs by reading tea leaves. There is no way to calculate a bottleneck because different applications will stress different components differently.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

37 minutes ago, Byamps said:

but can it really be 0%

If that were true, the system would basically run with limitless performance, because there are no limiting factors.

Bottleneck calculators don't give any useful info.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

Bottleneck is typically used to mean the GPU's performance is limited by the CPU. You can upgrade the CPU to stop it from being the limiting factor. You could interpret that as a 0% bottleneck, but of course you've simply turned the GPU into the limiting factor instead. A faster CPU in turn could also be limited by RAM performance, so you'd need faster RAM, etc.

The perfect balance between all of these components is virtually impossible and will also vary based on what software you're running and how it uses available resources. It can be more or less GPU/CPU/RAM intensive and as such a different component may ultimately be the limiting factor or could prevent other components from running at full speed.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Like everybody else said, "bottleneck calculators" are misleading at best, complete fiction at worst.

Ignore them and enjoy your PC.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Bottlenecks can be moved, but never eliminated, even if you have the perfect hardware combination, you aren't getting unlimited FPS, something somewhere (even if the bottleneck is actually, the engine that the software you are using relies on, ends up in fact limiting your fps).

Most common FPS limiters include:

- Reaching your Monitors native FPS, having 600fps in counter strike doesn't matter if you have a 60fps monitor it's 60fps you're seeing.

- CPU and GPU limiters

- Other related hardware eg: ram limiting the performance of the above

- Temperature issues and thermal throttling

- Hitting the maximum FPS in the game engine

- Software issues, bugs, poor configuration, out of date drivers etc...