Is it ok to have PC on the ground if PSU fan is facing up?

thatblooman

Is it okay to have the PC sitting on the ground if the PSU fan is facing upwards towards the rest of the case? If so, will the PSU fan work as an exhaust fan and result in negative air pressure? (I’m a new builder, sorry if this is a stupid question)

It's fine to have the PSU fan facing up as long as there's nothing blocking it (like cases with PSU shrouds). It probably won't make that much difference to the case airflow unless you have no other fans.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 minutes ago, thatblooman said:

Is it okay to have the PC sitting on the ground if the PSU fan is facing upwards towards the rest of the case? If so, will the PSU fan work as an exhaust fan and result in negative air pressure? (I’m a new builder, sorry if this is a stupid question)

As long as the vents are not blocked, you can orient the PC in any direction that makes sense to you other than "against gravity" (eg the CPU cooler and the GPU would have pressure pulling on their socket/slots, which can work them loose if they're heavy enough.)

Mostly be aware of what kind of ground. Make sure there are "feet" on the chassis when it's on a floor, and if it's a carpet, make sure there are no vents on the bottom, or you put it on a solid surface.