A service that offers downloadable full quality 4k HDR movies?

Is there any service that offers the full fat 4k HDR 10-bit movies to download and watch with blu-ray quality. 

Either subscription or per item based. 

13 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Is there any service that offers the full fat 4k HDR 10-bit movies to download and watch with blu-ray quality. 

Either subscription or per item based. 

AFAIK only for rich people, sadly.

https://www.kaleidescape.com/

Personally I despise DRM but DRM from a niche company that we have no idea how viable their long-term success is, and cost the same price or more than the physical media, is even worse.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

AFAIK only for rich people, sadly.

I am ok to pay, I just don't want the hustle of physical media. Basically any online store the sells DRM full fat versions of movies

Nope. There is no movie equivalent to Bandcamp.

Your options are cough up for the 4K Blu-Rays or accept 1080p / 4K compressed streams from the major platforms.

4 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

I am ok to pay, I just don't want the hustle of physical media. Basically any online store the sells DRM full fat versions of movies

Problem is, its not that simple as it requires their own insanely expensive hardware.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=kaleidescape&intl=nosplash

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Your best solution here is to just buy blu rays and rip them.

Same reason i buy CDs and rip flacs instead of paying for a service like tidal, or trying to hunt for specific albums across a bunch of different sites.

No one place will have all the media you’re looking for. And in the case of movies, good luck finding uncompressed, legit first party downloads you can buy anyway. They don’t like people handling the media like that.

"Just rip your own"

Yeah, but you need specific drives to do so. 1080p BD's can be ripped, usually quite easily, but 4K ones need player that actually can read UHD BD's, which limits it to only a few models with specific firmware combinations.

I'm reminded of the statements heard on watching the lock picking lawyer videos, how there is no such thing as a pick proof lock, and similar to the XCD comic about encryption, it's often faster to attack the weakest, be it fleshy or not, link.

https://xkcd.com/538

security.png

No matter what is done to protect DVD/BD/UHD/future-media-here, ultimately it has to be decrypted at some point, and there is nothing stopping someone from making a "dummy" HDMI dongle that just clones the key of a real device but outputs a decrypted bitstream.

It would be better if the DRM didn't exist, and netflix/disney+ was supposed to solve that, but turns out the streaming videos are worse, MUCH worse than the DVD's and BD's. (BTW, "The Simpsons" on Disney+ is all cropped to 16:9, and upscaled from the DVD version, it looks terrible.)