Phanteks Admits to Changing Product Page to Cover Up False & Misleading Advertising

1 minute ago, DatScreamer said:

You know this thread is available on Google search right? You know web crawlers exist right? You know that voice ai stuff exists right? Smart decision to not post voice online publicly.

It could be handed out on usb keys or cd's for all I care and it still wouldn't change my opinion on it. My profile and standing is not high enough that someone would want to go through the effort. Who are you that you are so special to make someone want to deepfake you?

36 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

You know this thread is available on Google search right? You know web crawlers exist right? You know that voice ai stuff exists right? Smart decision to not post voice online publicly.

This makes you sound absurdly self-important and paranoid. But in any case, if the proof can't be shown to anyone, for all practical purposes it doesn't exist. Expecting everybody to just take the word of you, an anonymous stranger on the internet, and one with basically no history on this community, is... well, absurdly self-important. 

What exactly is the purpose of this thread now? You're not going to get LTT to go be your attack dog against Phanteks, you've said you can't/won't take any legal action against Phanteks over it, and if you're trying to warn people about how nefarious Phanteks is then right or wrong it doesn't seem like anybody is taking your warning seriously. This is just going around and around. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

59 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

It could be handed out on usb keys or cd's for all I care and it still wouldn't change my opinion on it. My profile and standing is not high enough that someone would want to go through the effort. Who are you that you are so special to make someone want to deepfake you?

What you just said made no sense. What I said made perfect sense. Maybe you're not capable of understanding such things as I'm describing. I'm aware of the reality of technological possibilities for scams that you might not even be able to comprehend.

24 minutes ago, Middcore said:

This makes you sound absurdly self-important and paranoid. But in any case, if the proof can't be shown to anyone, for all practical purposes it doesn't exist. Expecting everybody to just take the word of you, an anonymous stranger on the internet, and one with basically no history on this community, is... well, absurdly self-important. 

What exactly is the purpose of this thread now? You're not going to get LTT to go be your attack dog against Phanteks, you've said you can't/won't take any legal action against Phanteks over it, and if you're trying to warn people about how nefarious Phanteks is then right or wrong it doesn't seem like anybody is taking your warning seriously. This is just going around and around. 

Or it just makes you sound ignorant for not knowing how a scam like that would work, completely code, no human aspect needed except monitoring.

5 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

What you just said made no sense. What I said made perfect sense. Maybe you're not capable of understanding such things as I'm describing. I'm aware of the reality of technological possibilities for scams that you might not even be able to comprehend.

I know and comprehend of the possibilities. I just weigh the potential risks vs the reality. The chances of someone using my voice is exceedingly small thus I don't live in fear of leaking my voice online.

Just now, Blue4130 said:

I know and comprehend of the possibilities. I just weigh the potential risks vs the reality. The chances of someone using my voice is exceedingly small thus I don't live in fear of leaking my voice online.

I'm not living in fear lol I'm just not opening myself up to being targeted by algorithms created by scammers. You're really delusional to think that being smart online is tantamount to living in fear

8 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

What do I care if you and a few other people that decided to respond to my thread don't believe me about a voice clip? The fact that all of you that responded for so long trying to argue with me about things I have evidence for just goes to show...

1 hour ago, DatScreamer said:

What do I care if you and a few other people that decided to respond to my thread don't believe me about a voice clip? The fact that all of you that responded for so long trying to argue with me about things I have evidence for just goes to show...

Is what it goes to show also only disclosed on the secret evidence audio file? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

8 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Is what it goes to show also only disclosed on the secret evidence audio file? 

What are you even saying? What I'm saying is it's clear to me that you and various others that keep commenting for days denying the existence of evidence after it's been stated that evidence exists, or denying the reality of evidence because you haven't heard the evidence, just goes to show that y'all are really negative and pessimistic people with a huge lack of trust in general

15 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

What are you even saying? What I'm saying is it's clear to me that you and various others that keep commenting for days denying the existence of evidence after it's been stated that evidence exists, or denying the reality of evidence because you haven't heard the evidence, just goes to show that y'all are really negative and pessimistic people with a huge lack of trust in general

But you also distrust random people on the internet, That is why you don't post the files online, is it not?

19 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

What are you even saying? What I'm saying is it's clear to me that you and various others that keep commenting for days denying the existence of evidence after it's been stated that evidence exists, or denying the reality of evidence because you haven't heard the evidence

I have evidence that you are a serial dog murderer. I will not show you that evidence, but you can't deny the reality of it. 

19 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

just goes to show that y'all are really negative and pessimistic people with a huge lack of trust in general

We're "negative and pessimistic with a lack of trust" because we don't immediately and uncritically accept unsupported allegations by strangers? 

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

But you also distrust random people on the internet, That is why you don't post the files online, is it not?

Incorrect. You're making it about yourself when it for no reason needs to be about yourself in any way. Or anyone else in this forum. Like I have said before when I explained it the first time.

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

I have evidence that you are a serial dog murderer. I will not show you that evidence, but you can't deny the reality of it. 

We're "negative and pessimistic with a lack of trust" because we don't immediately and uncritically accept unsupported allegations by strangers? 

Once again someone is comparing a statistical improbability to a statistical probability, which is delusional. Compare the statistic of world population of serial dog murderers to the world population of liars. The former isn't even on the same order of magnitude as the latter. You're also misrepresenting your own argument with the second thing you said there. What about any of this is immediate? Nothing. You've responded how many times?

6 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

Incorrect. You're making it about yourself when it for no reason needs to be about yourself in any way. Or anyone else in this forum. Like I have said before when I explained it the first time.

How did I make it about myself? And it is not incorrect. You not releasing the track due to fear of someone making an altered recording is proof of distrust. If you are do not distrust people, send me the file privately. You can trust me.

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

How did I make it about myself? And it is not incorrect. You not releasing the track due to fear of someone making an altered recording is proof of distrust. If you are do not distrust people, send me the file privately. You can trust me.

You still can't even properly comprehend what I said. Stop trying to describe me or my reasons for doing anything when apparently you don't have the faculties to even comprehend what I'm saying.

Back to that quote again.

“Merciful Heavens! but what do I care for the laws of nature and arithmetic, when, for some reason I dislike those laws and the fact that twice two makes four? Of course I cannot break through the wall by battering my head against it if I really have not the strength to knock it down, but I am not going to be reconciled to it simply because it is a stone wall and I have not the strength.”

Excerpt From
Notes from the Underground
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

You're acting like the type of person that can't even understand the laws of nature and arithmetic. Yet you can't argue against the laws of nature and arithmetic because you don't have the strength (intelligence) to comprehend those laws and argue them (knock down the stone wall).

The laws of nature and arithmetic in relation to this quote and the thread is as follows: The nature of the internet = the laws of nature and arithmetic.

Blue is forming an opinion about something with a clear inability to even fully comprehend, and ends up sounding absurd, talking about lack of trust in people (as if people need to have anything to do with it), and altered recordings as if that has any relation to anything I said. But guess what Blue? You've lost so much credibility with me in this thread that you don't deserve to hear the audio in my opinion.

Just to make some things clearer, especially for those who doesn't know, or don't wanna search for it.

You know... so atleast if you guys wanna argue/discuss all are in the same page and not assuming form or something.

As well as for extra info in case there's those who needs the info in the future.

The outer rim lighting addon (Kit) is not exactly a strip of leds per se.

Dunno whether they put a flexible pcb or a hard pcb, but it is in a LED enclosure/diffuser channel with magnet on it's back side.

Where it supposed to be "stuck on" to the inner metal edges right beside the glass panel.

https://www.phanteks.store/collections/digital-rgb-products/products/phanteks-nv9-premium-drgb-kit-4x-d-a-rgb-led-modules-for-nv9-outer-frame-1x-d-a-rgb-power-hub-included-white
Ph3.png.1dfc8f421602b32d63d1fbb9baea39c2.png

Somewhat like :

https://www.amazon.com/VST-6Pack-1ft-LED-Aluminum-Channel-Mounting-Accessories/dp/B09YXJCB5V/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=led%2Bdiffuser&sr=8-10&th=1

image.png.91f237f0c9b5f28f947937c9ca04275d.png

Where it supposed to stuck on to:

https://www.phanteks.com/assets/manuals/NV7 & NV9 Premium D-RGB Kit_Manual_v1.0_WEB.pdf

image.png.cad55d8233e5b540eded180dde891c67.png

So if the kit is installed. There will be an extra "white/black frame" that can be seen through the glass panels.

As seen on the one pic with the add-on kit installed in the store page. The bottom side's LED of the bottom fans can't be seen in the pic directly below due to the "extra frame".

Yes, The two pics pretty much shot from the same angle. I was bored and checked using photoshop.

LMK if any of ya need me to make a video of me comparing the two pic in photoshop or something.

Ph1.png.3242dda1b9ec6aa9bb6d4a507000d540.png

image.png.a3eee742f179e0e2ea6422a2251ad8b3.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

Just to make some things clearer, especially for those who doesn't know, or don't wanna search for it.

You know... so atleast if you guys wanna argue/discuss all are in the same page and not assuming form or something.

As well as for extra info in case there's those who needs the info in the future.

The outer rim lighting addon (Kit) is not exactly a strip of leds per se.

Dunno whether they put a flexible pcb or a hard pcb, but it is in a LED enclosure/diffuser channel with magnet on it's back side.

Where it supposed to be "stuck on" to the inner metal edges right beside the glass panel.

https://www.phanteks.store/collections/digital-rgb-products/products/phanteks-nv9-premium-drgb-kit-4x-d-a-rgb-led-modules-for-nv9-outer-frame-1x-d-a-rgb-power-hub-included-white
Ph3.png.1dfc8f421602b32d63d1fbb9baea39c2.png

Somewhat like :

https://www.amazon.com/VST-6Pack-1ft-LED-Aluminum-Channel-Mounting-Accessories/dp/B09YXJCB5V/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=led%2Bdiffuser&sr=8-10&th=1

image.png.91f237f0c9b5f28f947937c9ca04275d.png

Where it supposed to stuck on to:

https://www.phanteks.com/assets/manuals/NV7 & NV9 Premium D-RGB Kit_Manual_v1.0_WEB.pdf

image.png.cad55d8233e5b540eded180dde891c67.png

So if the kit is installed. There will be an extra "white/black frame" that can be seen through the glass panels.

As seen on the one pic with the add-on kit installed in the store page. The bottom side's LED of the bottom fans can't be seen in the pic directly below due to the "extra frame".

Yes, The two pics pretty much shot from the same angle. I was bored and checked using photoshop.

LMK if any of ya need me to make a video of me comparing the two pic in photoshop or something.

Ph1.png.3242dda1b9ec6aa9bb6d4a507000d540.png

image.png.a3eee742f179e0e2ea6422a2251ad8b3.png

Yes I know now but do you understand that nobody should have to open photoshop and overlay 2 images with nearly identical angles and line them up and do blending modes and mess with opacity just to try to see where those RGB even mount or weather or not they're included? And that its nearly impossible to see what the strip thingies even look like imo unless you do that photoshop crap. And if it's an addon kit but it's included in the pictures then they need to clearly state that it is an addon kit and doesn't come with the case. You agree with that right?

1 hour ago, DatScreamer said:

Yes I know now but do you understand that nobody should have to open photoshop and overlay 2 images with nearly identical angles and line them up and do blending modes and mess with opacity just to try to see where those RGB even mount or weather or not they're included? And that its nearly impossible to see what the strip thingies even look like imo unless you do that photoshop crap. And if it's an addon kit but it's included in the pictures then they need to clearly state that it is an addon kit and doesn't come with the case. You agree with that right?

I don't know about other people and can't speak for them.

Me, I can notice a diffuser inbuilt in the case (the thin one around the motherboard) even if it's in off mode, at the very least on the pics provided on Phanteks' store website.

So yes I can notice if there's that big of difusser channels add-on on the edges of the case.

Other people, idk.

As for disclaimer

It is stated, though in product page. [ https://www.phanteks.com/NV9.html ]

Me PERSONALLY, would notice, since I'm the kind of person who often do a month worth of research for even just a $10 item. That's the world I live in.

Like I stated in my previous reply, a bit of conflicting evidences is enough to spur me into full research mode. It's my curse-slash-blessing.

Other people, idk.

I used photoshop as alignment tool just for adding legitimacy, even if just for a little bit, to my claim that the 2 pics I presented were shot from pretty much the same angle.

I'm not here to debate you, nor other people.
Just giving details, so that (like what I've said) if people want to argue / discuss they can atleast be on the same page about what is discussed. Even if for just a little a bit.

Especially since word can have different meaning to different people.

Example : To me LED strip can be either a plain flexible PCB with LEDs embedded on it, or a hard PCB with LEDs embedded on it.

Edited by Poinkachu

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

36 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

I don't know about other people and can't speak for them.

Me, I can notice a diffuser inbuilt in the case (the thin one around the motherboard) even if it's in off mode, at the very least on the pics provided on Phanteks' store website.

So yes I can notice if there's that big of difusser channels add-on on the edges of the case.

Other people, idk.

As for disclaimer

It is stated, though in product page. [ https://www.phanteks.com/NV9.html ]

Me PERSONALLY, would notice, since I'm the kind of person who often do a month worth of research for even just a $10 item. That's the world I live in.

Like I stated in my previous reply, a bit of conflicting evidences is enough to spur me into full research mode. It's my curse-slash-blessing.

Other people, idk.

I used photoshop as alignment tool just for adding legitimacy, even if just for a little bit, to my claim that the 2 pics I presented were shot from pretty much the same angle.

I'm not here to debate you, nor other people.
Just giving details, so that (like what I've said) if people want to argue / discuss they can atleast be on the same page about what is discussed. Even if for just a little a bit.

Especially since word can have different meaning to different people.

Example : To me LED strip can be either a plain flexible PCB with LEDs embedded on it, or a hard PCB with LEDs embedded on it.

Thanks for your input. Me personally I could not tell whatsoever for 3-5 entire days of looking at the images on and off, and I looked. Many times. It was just too confusing and hard to tell. That's literally the reason why every store page that I have ever seen has had a "what's in the box" section, what Phanteks calls a "Scope of Delivery". Like some people just can't see as well as others and it can become easily confusing and hard to tell and very easy to assume it comes with all the RGB because it doesn't say anywhere that it doesn't and there was no "Scope of Delivery" at the time.

14 hours ago, DatScreamer said:

I'm not fighting lol you're the one using fighting words. You're the one using mad words. Why are you even swearing all of a sudden now? Because some random guy online doesn't agree with you? You want to try to act like things I've said aren't true? You know I have evidence of phone call with Phanteks where they effectively admitted they lied and then lied again. That's PROOF of false/misleading representation. And that's not even including all the other aspects of what I'm saying.

14 hours ago, DatScreamer said:

You clearly haven't read the thread well enough if you don't know what I said about why I haven't posted the audio call. You say I'm making myself look bad but you don't even look at the evidence and you don't even read the thread properly.

You over-post and rant excessively, and everyone keeps telling you the same thing. I don't need to read the whole thread. You don't want to provide proof that actually substantiates your claims, and you think your proof-free messages are proof.

You're just digging your hole deeper. You flail and wail, and toss your verbal aggression at anyone, even if they have demonstrated a willingness to side with you.

If you are unwilling to answer questions, and provide photos, let alone your holy audio grail, you are giving us clear signals that you're full of it. Just because there are 2 or 1,000 channels doesn't mean that the case comes with both channels in use. The vast majority of companies sell hubs that are a mismatch in terms of ports vs how they package accessories like lights, not to mention fans, either because they're giving us what we need (the ability to add/ expand), and/or because they want us to buy more of those accessories and fans. In terms of sales, it's stupid to fill up all the ports before selling an item, unless they provide another hub. 

Just admit that you made an honest mistake, like most of the rest of us, and stop this 7-page rant. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

10 hours ago, DatScreamer said:

If you are worried about that, I can offer an easy solution. 

Become a shut-in and never use anything with a computer in it. Otherwise, fight the asses who have created this problem by getting laws passed to stop them, and always be vigilant. 

As far as I'm concerned, no one is going to make use of your voice.

9 hours ago, DatScreamer said:

I'm not living in fear lol I'm just not opening myself up to being targeted by algorithms created by scammers. You're really delusional to think that being smart online is tantamount to living in fear

By having a smart phone, a PC or any other device with audio and/or video capabilities, and going online, you've already opened the door to being exploited. You should know that if you've researched. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

10 hours ago, RevGAM said:

You over-post and rant excessively, and everyone keeps telling you the same thing. I don't need to read the whole thread. You don't want to provide proof that actually substantiates your claims, and you think your proof-free messages are proof.

You're just digging your hole deeper. You flail and wail, and toss your verbal aggression at anyone, even if they have demonstrated a willingness to side with you.

If you are unwilling to answer questions, and provide photos, let alone your holy audio grail, you are giving us clear signals that you're full of it. Just because there are 2 or 1,000 channels doesn't mean that the case comes with both channels in use. The vast majority of companies sell hubs that are a mismatch in terms of ports vs how they package accessories like lights, not to mention fans, either because they're giving us what we need (the ability to add/ expand), and/or because they want us to buy more of those accessories and fans. In terms of sales, it's stupid to fill up all the ports before selling an item, unless they provide another hub. 

Just admit that you made an honest mistake, like most of the rest of us, and stop this 7-page rant. 

Maybe y'all should stop responding if you don't want to believe me. What kind of people spend days arguing with someone who's just sharing their story of how a company treated them, just because they don't believe the company did what they did. Like what are you talking about a hole? I don't care if you don't believe me. Get a life and stop responding trying to argue with someone just because you 'haven't seen the proof'. Why do you feel such a strong need to 'see the proof' just to believe someone. I've never encountered such horrible people online before as the people in this thread.

10 hours ago, RevGAM said:

If you are worried about that, I can offer an easy solution. 

Become a shut-in and never use anything with a computer in it. Otherwise, fight the asses who have created this problem by getting laws passed to stop them, and always be vigilant. 

As far as I'm concerned, no one is going to make use of your voice.

By having a smart phone, a PC or any other device with audio and/or video capabilities, and going online, you've already opened the door to being exploited. You should know that if you've researched. 

What are you talking about? You're not making any sense. Your points in this message mean nothing. Apparently you too are unable to comprehend my completely valid reasons so you have a little temper tantrum talking about shut-ins and online safety as if you know more about it than me when you can't even comprehend the validity of my reasoning about online safety. Why don't you stop responding if you're annoyed of this conversation because you couldn't force your pessimism and lack of trust worldview on me?

Now I understand your username. Bye.

-= Locked =-

Topics are meant to be civil and respectful, if you cannot do so, then there is no need to continue.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER