Phanteks Admits to Changing Product Page to Cover Up False & Misleading Advertising

Just now, DatScreamer said:

It's not an insult to point out that you're making uneducated claims online, trying to disprove someone else's claims with your uneducated ones.

How are my claims uneducated?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

How are my claims uneducated?

Because what you said about the dual channel and 4 outputs means nothing in terms of electrical engineering because you could have 5+ meters of lights running off a single channel with one output.

3 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

There is no law that says I have to watch reviews, but there are laws that say they can't make false/misleading representations to the public without risking 200k fines and prison time (if theyre in Canada).

back to laws that dont apply ey 😛 

6 minutes ago, NorKris said:

back to laws that dont apply ey 😛 

My bank operates in my country and I paid with my countries currency and I'm based in Canada. How about go read the laws? Canadian laws don't just protect Canadians online when they're buying from Canada. That would be absurd. Like I will get my money back I'm sure. This has never been about money.

This has also never been about any criminal proceedings or anything criminal either. So the laws protect me but the company will get off scott free with the exception of they don't get to keep my money if my bank agrees with me.

Like what do you people not understand that you should have a fundamental issue with a company acting like they've acted with me? At least thats my opinion, and the opinion of everyone I know that I've talked about this with.

A company lying to me to cover up a mistake or an intentional deception, either way THEY LIED.

And just so you know how serious these laws are. 10-15 million in fines for non-compliance plus all profits made from deception multiplied by 3, or 3% of gross earnings globally, in fines, whichever is greater, if the company was in Canada.

as well as "on conviction on indictment, to a fine in the discretion of the court or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 14 years, or to both; or"

The minutiae of that^ might be wrong but I got the gist.

6 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

And just so you know how serious these laws are. 10-15 million in fines for non-compliance plus all profits made from deception multiplied by 3, or 3% of gross earnings globally, in fines, whichever is greater, if the company was in Canada.

The minutiae of that^ might be wrong but I got the gist.

try to go after them then xd 

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

try to go after them then xd 

Why would you say that knowing it's probably basically impossible? Like I will get my money back if my bank agrees with me, but theres probably no way that's possible to prosecute. But just because it's probably not possible to prosecute criminally doesn't mean it's okay for them to do what they did. You aren't even acting like a human being right now. Where's your emotion? You should be angry about all of this imo. You're still acting like you're defending Phanteks.

Why would you say that knowing it's probably basically impossible? Like I will get my money back if my bank agrees with me, but theres probably no way that's possible to prosecute. But just because it's probably not possible to prosecute criminally doesn't mean it's okay for them to do what they did. You aren't even acting like a human being right now. Where's your emotion? You should be angry about all of this imo. You're still acting like you're defending Phanteks.

im not, im saying: do ur research when buying a high end case 

and u could have started with that xD 

Just now, NorKris said:

im not, im saying: do ur research when buying a high end case 

and u could have started with that xD 

You could've just read through the thread properly... Like how many times do I have to say that I did do my research but the information wasn't available anywhere that I could find, especially not on the product page. You want to act like it's my fault that THEY made the information next to impossible to find. And either way it doesn't matter if I did my research or not for them to be convicted in court (if they were in Canada). How many times do I have to say the same things? What do you people not understand? 

"General impression to be considered

(4) In a prosecution for a contravention of this section, the general impression conveyed by a representation as well as its literal meaning shall be taken into account in determining whether or not the representation is false or misleading in a material respect."

Go read the law. That's just one single part of one single section of one single law that applies to this based on my evaluations. There are many other laws/sections/parts of sections that apply to this based on my evaluation.

"General impression to be considered

(4) In a prosecution for a contravention of this section, the general impression conveyed by a representation as well as its literal meaning shall be taken into account in determining whether or not the representation is false or misleading in a material respect."

Go read the law. That's just one single part of one single section of one single law that applies to this based on my evaluations. There are many other laws/sections/parts of sections that apply to this based on my evaluation.

i dont need to read canada laws 

what vids did u watch? 

4 minutes ago, NorKris said:

i dont need to read canada laws 

what vids did u watch? 

You need to read Canadian laws if you want to have an opinion on Canadian laws. Otherwise you're just an internet troll. Get a life and stop trying to force your worldview based on your laws on someone from a different country than you. Seems like you're just mad that Canadian laws protect consumers.

And I don't need to explain myself and my research methodology to an internet troll. If you don't want to believe that I did my research then get a life and stop responding trying to argue with me for no reason other than forcing your worldview on me.

You need to read Canadian laws if you want to have an opinion on Canadian laws. Otherwise you're just an internet troll. Get a life and stop trying to force your worldview based on your laws on someone from a different country than you. Seems like you're just mad that Canadian laws protect consumers.

norway has somthing just like that..  but for some led strips.. i would not start look at laws if i was in ur shoes 😛 

u did return the case right? 

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

norway has somthing just like that..  but for some led strips.. i would not start look at laws if i was in ur shoes 😛 

u did return the case right? 

It would cost the entire value of the case to ship it back to them and they wouldn't cover it (I asked). You've just proven how ignorant you are, and that you haven't even read the thread. Just commenting bullshit out of your ass without even reading the thread.

And just because you wouldn't make any noise about false/misleading advertising means nothing. Maybe you're just more of a timid person. Well I won't bow down to deceptive marketing because I know my laws.

41 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

Because what you said about the dual channel and 4 outputs means nothing in terms of electrical engineering because you could have 5+ meters of lights running off a single channel with one output.

Okay so educate me then. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Okay so educate me then. 

What? I just did in the message you're quoting.

Just now, DatScreamer said:

What? I just did in the message you're quoting.

Educate me on what I'm missing about my claims. 

They did not claim an RGB strip would be present. In fact, when I looked through the video before they made any changes(scope of delivery) I saw exactly what they were advertising.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Educate me on what I'm missing about my claims. 

They did not claim an RGB strip would be present. In fact, when I looked through the video before they made any changes(scope of delivery) I saw exactly what they were advertising.

It literally says integrated RGB lighting, meaning it comes with RGB lighting. And there is absolutely no reason why 1 single line (including the 90degree angle) should need 2 channels. You only need 1 channel per continuously connected path of light strip, implying 2 separate strips. Like I said before, educate yourself.

1 minute ago, DatScreamer said:

It literally says integrated RGB lighting, meaning it comes with RGB lighting. And there is absolutely no reason why 1 single line (including the 90degree angle) should need 2 channels. You only need 1 channel per continuously connected path of light strip, implying 2 separate strips. Like I said before, educate yourself.

It said integrated motherboard lighting. Not integrated side panel lighting.

56 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

It said integrated motherboard lighting. Not integrated side panel lighting.

It says AROUND motherboard.

AROUND means in a circle or on every side, not just 180 degrees... Like the fundamental and socially-understood linguistic definition of 'around' means in a circle or on every side. It's literally in the word itself. A-round., and if you include both sets of light strips then they would be around the motherboard, but only the smaller set of lights that is in proximity to the motherboard isn't even actually around the motherboard. It's beside it. It has to include both light strips if they want to say "around motherboard" because only with both light strips is that even true.

So the bigger set of lights actually is more accurately around the motherboard, according to the definition of the word itself. And the smaller set of lights isn't even technically around the motherboard. You can't argue with that.

I'm just going to state a few thoughts here. I haven't watched the videos because I'm at work and I want to see the details. 

• Deceptive advertising is a major problem in the USA. Laws have been passed and later rescinded because of the power and wealth of the rich and industries. There are still some protections, but they are weak.
  • Phanteks is located in the Netherlands, but has a base in the USA.
  • Consumers shouldn't have to watch third party videos to confirm what's in a package. All of that info should be presented by the manufacturer, if not the vendor.  This is because they don't represent that company or product and may make mistakes, causing consumers to come to false beliefs about the reviewed item. That includes me. I'm honest, not omniscient. 
  • Reviews, positive and negative, are constantly being posted in writing, audio and video all over the internet, and many are inaccurate or even false.
  • If an item is presented in a picture, there should be a statement below the photo indicating what isn't included. I have seen several postings that were misleading from various companies and vendors.
  • Don't order anything from overseas if you'll have to pay customs fees before you have made absolutely sure that you know exactly what you're getting. 
  • Attempt reconciliation before further action. 
  • Taking grievances to forums is liable to get some hostile responses. If that is a problem for whatever reason, do it where people can't respond. 
  • File a complaint with the correct agency and watchdog orgs, as well as contesting the purchase with your financial institution

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Please delete

Why would I delete? I feel like people have a right to know when a company does something like this. And you just agreed with me it seems. Like this might be normal behaviour in the USA but in Canada no companies do these kinds of things. None that I have ever seen at least. Canadians that aren't expecting to get deceived and lied to by companies in America just like me, because they've never encountered a company that acts like this in their entire lives, they deserve to know.

Me telling my story here on a canadian-based forum is a public service. This is a review as well as a true story of their behaviour. Like I could've posted my original comment in the thread on their website as a review but everyone knows they would just delete it. Where else could I possibly review the product and their conduct? Here is the best place for that.

1 hour ago, DatScreamer said:

Why would I delete?

RevGAM was requesting his own post be deleted since an error caused his reply to be posted twice. He edited the post to "please delete" to request moderators remove the redundant second post. He wasn't telling you to delete your post.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

RevGAM was requesting his own post be deleted since an error caused his reply to be posted twice. He edited the post to "please delete" to request moderators remove the redundant second post. He wasn't telling you to delete your post.

Ohhh okay thanks

Sorry Bro, but unless you've been fighting Phanteks about this for 2 months?

It's easy to disprove your post here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20231216000030/https://www.phanteks.com/NV9.html

December 16th 2023 - their own site:

image.thumb.png.806b62b65c429cbc457967cf448eadcd.png

image.thumb.png.56fbbe239265a46fc8e0d01260ffe6f5.png

So, it seems like that stuff was on the site already.  Unless you're trying to say this was from before 12/16?