Phanteks Admits to Changing Product Page to Cover Up False & Misleading Advertising

On 1/27/2024 at 1:11 PM, NorKris said:

but 250$ case and u have not watched 2-3 YT vids about the case hmmm 🙃

What do you not understand about people are not expected to 'do their research' in a false/misleading advertising situation. People don't even have to prove that anyone was deceived for it to be false and misleading advertising. Every single website for every single product that I have EVER seen has had a "What's in the box" section. Every. Single. One. Why didn't Phanteks? Because they wanted to intentionally deceive people to get more product sales, in my opinion. And in my opinion there is absolutely no reason why they didn't put that "What's in the box" section on their website in the first place other than deception evidently. That's the only possible reason I can think of. Like what do you not understand about you can't punish or blame someone for having money and making a purchasing decision with that money purely based off one single representation of the product (the actual store product page), when the company has literally DESIGNED the page to be deceptive and misleading, by not putting a "Whats in the box" section, etc. They put themselves in this situation and they should take the hit for it, but this company doesn't respect it's customers (at the very least, doesn't respect me, or anyone like me I bet), so they won't. They just simply don't have integrity as a company and that is a proven fact by their own behaviours in multiple ways.

Like if something isn't going to come in the box but it's part of the case and in the picture(s) then they have to tell people that it doesn't come in the box on the same page that people buy the product from otherwise its deceptive and false and misleading advertising fundamentally.

18 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

What do you not understand about people are not expected to 'do their research' in a false/misleading advertising situation.

that ur wrong 😛 

i dont disagree that its missleading. i dont disagree that the support guy was a.. uknow.. 

put here is the kicker...:

if u have 250$ (before tax) to spend on a case, and u DONT to ur research, u don't complain here. This means 250++is  nothing to u 😛 

if u have 250$ (before tax) to spend on a case,  and u could not find out this detail while doing research, ur going to complain here 🙂 

6 minutes ago, NorKris said:

that ur wrong 😛 

i dont disagree that its missleading. i dont disagree that the support guy was a.. uknow.. 

if u have 250$ (before tax) to spend on a case, and u DONT to ur research, u don't complain here. This means 250++is  nothing to u 😛 

if u have 250$ (before tax) to spend on a case,  and u could not find out this detail while doing research, ur going to complain here 🙂 

Assuming something because of deceptive advertising, the blame falls on the company for the deceptive advertising. That's why those laws exist. Like what are you talking about? Why would any reasonable person expect the RGB to not come with the case when there was absolutely no information on the product page about it not coming with the case. What reasonable person wouldn't expect a custom designed case trim light to come with the case when it's literally in the product photo and theres no information on the product page saying it doesn't come with the product. It's in the image, therefore it should come with the product, and if it doesn't, the company has to tell people on the actual product page. Seriously how do you not understand that? It's a company's responsibility to make sure people don't get the wrong impression based on their deceptive advertising. Not the consumer's responsibility to find out that their advertising is deceptive beforehand and find some obscure piece of information on some obscure website or video or something. The information HAS to be on the product page or else it's false and misleading and against my local law. How about you go read the law? A " representation" (aka an advertisement). There is no expectation for a consumer to find other "representations". Consumers are allowed to make purchasing decisions off one single "representation" of the product. You can't blame a consumer for this, because if ANY of the representations of the product that the company has made turn out to be deceptive in any way, its literally illegal.

6 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

Assuming something because of deceptive advertising, the blame falls on the company for the deceptive advertising. That's why those laws exist. Like what are you talking about? Why would any reasonable person expect the RGB to not come with the case when there was absolutely no information on the product page about it not coming with the case. What reasonable person wouldn't expect a custom designed case trim light to come with the case when it's literally in the product photo and theres no information on the product page saying it doesn't come with the product. It's in the image, therefore it should come with the product, and if it doesn't, the company has to tell people on the actual product page. Seriously how do you not understand that? It's a company's responsibility to make sure people don't get the wrong impression based on their deceptive advertising. Not the consumer's responsibility to find out that their advertising is deceptive beforehand and find some obscure piece of information on some obscure website or video or something. The information HAS to be on the product page or else it's false and misleading and against my local law.

if u can 250++ without looking into it, dont complain about it here. 😮 

22 minutes ago, NorKris said:

that ur wrong 😛 

Research is necessary for any purchase, precisely because companies will lie to you about what you're buying, if they can get away with it. This is both just good practice, but also necessary because companies could get away with it for a while. However, that doesn't make it right, and companies are required to accurately represent their product through their advertising. 

In this case, looking at the videos the OP added showing the differences, I could take it as Phantek just clarifying on what they're actually providing, since there are additional things that are shown that wouldn't necessarily be advertised strictly, like hardware being included. I just went to a random Fractal Design chassis(Terra), and they advertise the additional items as being part of an "Accessory Box", effectively making it a mystery box unless the user reads the manual, which I believe are achievable for both Fractal and Phantek. 

All Phantek did was add information that can be found in their manual.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

if u can 250++ without looking into it, dont complain about it here. 😮 

So a company makes a deceptive ad, someone makes a decision based off their deceptive ad, and you want to blame the person for not doing enough research? How about the company just doesn't make a deceptive ad in the first place? Like what are you talking about? You're literally mad that I had money.

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Research is necessary for any purchase, precisely because companies will lie to you about what you're buying, if they can get away with it. This is both just good practice, but also necessary because companies could get away with it for a while. However, that doesn't make it right, and companies are required to accurately represent their product through their advertising. 

In this case, looking at the videos the OP added showing the differences, I could take it as Phantek just clarifying on what they're actually providing, since there are additional things that are shown that wouldn't necessarily be advertised strictly, like hardware being included. I just went to a random Fractal Design chassis(Terra), and they advertise the additional items as being part of an "Accessory Box", effectively making it a mystery box unless the user reads the manual, which I believe are achievable for both Fractal and Phantek. 

All Phantek did was add information that can be found in their manual.

I have the physical manual, and I read the manual before I purchased, and that information IS NOT THERE.

And stop acting like I didn't do my research. This information was HIDDEN before they changed things. I read the entire manual. No information there.

Just now, DatScreamer said:

So a company makes a deceptive ad, someone makes a decision based off their deceptive ad, and you want to blame the person for not doing enough research? 

Yes

1 minute ago, DatScreamer said:

You're literally mad that I had money.

No, ur mad for some cm of ARGB  XD 

Just now, DatScreamer said:

I have the physical manual, and I read the manual before I purchased, and that information IS NOT THERE.

Okay, so they updated their manual and website to make things more clear.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

Yes

No, ur mad for some cm of ARGB  XD 

You're delusional. I bought this case instead of any other case because it had that custom RGB. It's a show piece case and that's what it's advertised as, so why wouldn't it come with all the bling that's advertised.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Okay, so they updated their manual and website to make things more clear.

After lying about it. Like what do you people not understand. They literally lied out of their asses to cover up deception.

After lying about it. Like what do you people not understand. They literally lied out of their asses to cover up deception.

Based on your OP, I do not agree that they lied about their advertising. I watched both videos, and reviewed the website, and I do not come to the same conclusion.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Based on your OP, I do not agree that they lied about their advertising. I watched both videos, and reviewed the website, and I do not come to the same conclusion.

I literally have an audio recording of them lying out of their asses. Go read the entire thread again maybe cuz obviously you didn't read it well enough.

5 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

You're delusional. I bought this case instead of any other case because it had that custom RGB. It's a show piece case and that's what it's advertised as, so why wouldn't it come with all the bling that's advertised.

nop, when i use that kind of money ... i look into what im buying  .. thats the opposite of delusional  XD 

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

nop, when i use that kind of money ... i look into what im buying  .. thats the opposite of delusional  XD 

You're mad that I have money to throw into a build. Go get a job or something. And you keep acting like I didn't do my research. I keep telling yall I did my research for days and this information was HIDDEN. It was not on the product page, it was not on google, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Keep defending companies deceptive behaviour and straight up lying to their customers as if that's okay. Like what, have you all fallen so far away from being human beings that you think it's okay for companies to do this kind of thing?

I literally have an audio recording of them lying out of their asses. Go read the entire thread again maybe cuz obviously you didn't read it well enough.

Okay.

Their advertising is clear per your complaints in this thread, even using the video that showed the previous version of the website. I literally watched both videos at the same time, comparing every detail. I do not come to the same conclusion. Plain and simple. You are entitled to your own opinion. Should they have been more clear with the 'scope of delivery' addition? Sure. But that's not false advertising. 

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Okay.

Their advertising is clear per your complaints in this thread, even using the video that showed the previous version of the website. I literally watched both videos at the same time, comparing every detail. I do not come to the same conclusion. Plain and simple. You are entitled to your own opinion. Should they have been more clear with the 'scope of delivery' addition? Sure. But that's not false advertising. 

How is it clear in any way that the RGB strip doesn't come with the case? It's in the picture. And it wasn't stated anywhere else that it doesn't come with the case. Assuming that it comes with the case is so beyond absolutely reasonable for so many reasons. It's not even arguable that it's a reasonable expectation for it to come with the case. Custom designed trim light piece of the case specifically designed for the case, having the case advertised as a showcase case, and then not including the one thing that makes it a showcase case? Thats deception. And the false/misleading advertising is a reference to the law as well as a factual statement in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

You're mad that I have money to throw into a build

no

8 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

You're mad that I have money to throw into a build. Go get a job or something. And you keep acting like I didn't do my research. 

u didnt rly do that xD 

8 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

Go get a job or something

i have a very good one thanks 😛 

3 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

How is it clear in any way that the RGB strip doesn't come with the case? It's in the picture. And it wasn't stated anywhere else that it doesn't come with the case. Assuming that it comes with the case is so beyond absolutely reasonable for so many reasons. It's not even arguable that it's a reasonable expectation for it to come with the case. Custom designed trim light piece of the case specifically designed for the case, having the case advertised as a showcase case, and then not including the one thing that makes it a showcase case? Thats deception. And the false/misleading advertising is a reference to the law as well as a factual statement in my opinion.

They advertise it as:

"INTEGRATED D-RGB LIGHTING

NEW GENERATION D-RGB CONTROLLER

DUAL CHANNEL with a total of 4 output ports"

While the first line could be considered misleading, the next two lines make clear what they're actually talking about. 

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

no

u didnt rly do that xD 

i have a very good one thanks 😛 

Then stop criticizing other peoples purchasing decisions when they were made off of the advertising material available at the time. Like what? Are you a shill?

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

They advertise it as:

"INTEGRATED D-RGB LIGHTING

NEW GENERATION D-RGB CONTROLLER

DUAL CHANNEL with a total of 4 output ports"

While the first line could be considered misleading, the next two lines make clear what they're actually talking about. 

I could wire that exact RGB in 2 channels with 4 outputs and include every single RGB aspect of the case so your point means nothing. How about you go learn something about electrical?

2 minutes ago, DatScreamer said:

Then stop criticizing other peoples purchasing decisions when they were made off of the advertising material available at the time. Like what? Are you a shill?

what about criticizing the lack of watching reviews? 😄 

not a shill since i agree with u on some of this 😛 

I could wire that exact RGB in 2 channels with 4 outputs and include every single RGB aspect of the case so your point means nothing. How about you go learn something about electrical?

I don't agree with your claims. I'm not criticizing or commenting on Phanteks' design, or whether I think the product is worth the money. I am critically evaluating their advertising. 

Insults won't get you very far, and if that's all you have to add, that says a lot. 

Just now, NorKris said:

what about criticizing the lack of watching reviews? 😄 

not a shill since i agree with u on some of this 😛 

There is no law that says I have to watch reviews, but there are laws that say they can't make false/misleading representations to the public without risking 200k fines and prison time (if theyre in Canada).

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I don't agree with your claims. I'm not criticizing or commenting on Phanteks' design, or whether I think the product is worth the money. I am critically evaluating their advertising. 

Insults won't get you very far, and if that's all you have to add, that says a lot. 

It's not an insult to point out that you're making uneducated claims online, trying to disprove someone else's claims with your uneducated ones.