2015 Ford Escape Sync 1 4.3 to 4.6 update

Does anyone have the Ford Sync update files/link for a 2015 Ford Escape as Gen 1 4.3 to 4.6 is not supported by Ford and it costs up to $250 at a dealership?

Thanks so much,

Kimberly

Edit:

My bad, I was thinking about flashing the modules in the car for most cases.

Sync updates can be downloaded directly from Ford and saved on a usb drive.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-updates/download-sync-with-myford-touch-software-updates-to-a-usb-drive/

Your best bet for finding more info on this is joining the Ford forums. The system may be tied to your vehicle's VIN, so I don't know if the update will work if you received the files from someone else, just keep that in mind.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

@MadAnt250

From your signature (the crt part got my attention) I can easily spot light flicker, to the point that even a dimmed incandescent or halogen bulb (entirely depends on the switching method) can show it, most LEDs have it at 240 Hz, and all magnetic ballasted fluorescent lights show it.

I can see 60 Hz flicker on CRT, and I don't know if it is because I can literally see the pulsing / refreshing of the screen, but it is very painful to view, as in physical eye pain / strain.

120 Hz is not good enough, it still refreshes to black and brighnens again.  I'm not sure if it is the way in which it goes from top to bottom, where basically, at some point, most of the screen phosphor output has dimmed by the time the scanning gets to the bottom etc, but it is just not tolerable.

So with that background, would you please take a video of some kind with the refresh of the video set to various rates, like 120 240 and in between at non-even multiples of the monitor refresh, and compare various refresh rates, up to 175 Hz?

I didn't think crt monitors could go above 120 Hz, and 960x720 is just fine, probably easier to read with a smaller display.

What is the size of that display?

I'm thinking that if the phosphors are refreshed fast enough, the amount of time they have to dim will be reduced, and at some point, the pulsing brightness change of the screen will be reduced.  I understand I could reduce the contrast output as much as possible to help with this as well.

Do you think the higher refresh would be more tolerable?  I don't even like 120 Hz.  It's miles, no, it's planets better than 60 Hz, but there is still visible flicker, tolerable, but I do not like it and it is still causes some eye fatigue.

: JRE #1914 Siddarth Kara

How bad is e-waste?  Listen to that Joe Rogan episode.

"Now you get what you want, but do you want more?
- Bob Marley, Rastaman Vibration album 1976

Windows 11 will just force business to "recycle" "obscolete" hardware.  Microsoft definitely isn't bothered by this at all, and seems to want hardware produced just a few years ago to be considered obsolete.  They have also not shown any interest nor has any other company in a similar financial position, to help increase tech recycling whatsoever.  Windows 12 might be cloud-based and be a monthly or yearly fee.

Software suggestions

Just get f.lux [Link removed due to forum rules] so your screen isn't bright white at night, a golden orange in place of stark 6500K bluish white.

released in 2008 and still being improved.

Dark Reader addon for webpages.  Pick any color you want for both background and text (background and foreground page elements).  Enable the preview mode on desktop for Firefox and Chrome addon, by clicking the dark reader addon settings, Choose dev tools amd click preview mode.

NoScript or EFF's privacy badger addons can block many scripts and websites that would load and track you, possibly halving page load time!

F-droid is a place to install open-source software for android, Antennapod, RethinkDNS, Fennec which is Firefox with about:config, lots of performance and other changes available, mozilla KB has a huge database of what most of the settings do.  Most software in the repository only requires Android 5 and 6!

I recommend firewall apps (blocks apps) and dns filters (redirect all dns requests on android, to your choice of dns, even if overridden).  RethinkDNS is my pick and I set it to use pi-hole, installed inside Ubuntu/Debian, which is inside Virtualbox, until I go to a website, nothing at all connects to any other server.  I also use NextDNS.io to do the same when away from home wi-fi or even cellular!  I can even tether from cellular to any device sharing via wi-fi, and block anything with dns set to NextDNS, regardless if the device allows changing dns.  This style of network filtration is being overridden by software updates on some devices, forcing a backup dns provuder, such as google dns, when built in dns requests are not connecting.  Without a complete firewall setup, dns redirection itself is no longer always effective.

16 hours ago, E-waste said:

didn't think crt monitors could go above 120 Hz

We are are off topic now, but oh well. I'll send you a DM.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches