AMD Booth at CES 2024

James

AMD is announcing some very cool chips at CES 2024, including the 5700X3D from AM-fricken-4, and a new line of 8000-series processors. Oh, and don't forget about the new GPUs like the 7600XT!

Finally. New APUs and  they are looking sweet (waiting for GN review):

$330 it's slightly lower MSRP than the old R7 5700G

DDR5 alone should give them a nice performance boost (AM4 APUs heavily benefited even going from 3200MHz to 3700Mhz RAM)

At the moment daily driving an ITX-build with R7 5700G.

Regardless: At the MSRP they won't be better value than CPU + GPU. At the price of the R7 8700G you could get an R5 5600X CPU and RX6600 GPU (both are AMD products). The true value of APUs is the small system size and high efficiency during office tasks/IDLE.

@ToboRobot Don't think CES is the right exhibition. 

People never go out of business.

AMD is better than Intel. I'll go for just about any new thing they've got.

This coming from a guy still rockin' his Ryzen 5 3400G... Oh, well. I guess old stuff is good, too. At least I didn't get the Bulldozer (which, considering some of Intel's failures, you could do worse).

The mind of a person with discernment gets knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18:15 CJB

I want to see someone test one of these APUs with a DX12 multi GPU compatible game like ashes of singularity to see how much fps it can add to a dedicated GPU.