Getting a PS2 and a Nintendo GameBoy Color Restored

_lazbo_
I got a PlayStation 2 Slim and a Game Boy Color that requires restoration and I wanted to ask you guys if you have any ideas.

The Gameboy has little corrosion on the battery slots and the spring in the slot makes it unable to boot since it pushes the battery out. (Unless I hold them in place via tape. It works as usual when I hold them there but it's not... yeah...) The battery slot cover does not stay in place and falls right off. Its capacitors are original as far as I know, and they might fail soon. Its model number is CGB-01.

The PS2's disc drive works weird. It does not pick up game discs and gives a red screen, but it does recognize sound discs, so I think it is able to read them. I had to softmod it. It runs games via my external HDD. I use a SATA to USB adapter for it and plug it into the USB slots. Its model number is SCPH-90004 and it's a PAL console. It was pain to softmod it since FreeMCBoot it not supported in R-chassis PS2 slims. It has OpenTuna as far as I remember. I might be wrong I need to check again but yeah I need a new cable.

I don't want to do this myself since I am not an expert at fixing game consoles but I will if its going to be easy.

Both consoles are pretty well supported with aftermarket parts. 

You can get everything you need for the Game Boy from Handheld Legend. Depending on what you want to do with it, you can probably fix it yourself. If all you want to do is a case and battery contact swap, that's just a few screws and a couple solder joints. Swapping an IPS backlit display onto it is more involved, but if you can follow written guides it's certainly doable.

The DVD laser in the PS2 is a notorious weak point. (CDs use a different laser, so it makes sense that it would play music CDs and PS1 games.) Generally, the original model is a bit more desirable because it can take a hard drive and it's relatively easy to get Free McBoot running on it from scratch. You might be able to get your disc drive working for a while longer by tweaking the gain on the DVD laser; look for a screw-like potentiometer somewhere on the drive assembly. You'll have to replace the disc drive in the long term though.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Just as an FYI, the reason that FreeMCboot doesn't work on 90k series slim PS2s is because sony removed the feature (that being system updates being installed on a memory card) that allows freeMCboot to work.

I've replaced all the electrolytic capacitors in a Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It was not an easy task. The SMD capacitors are easy to overheat. You have to be quick and know what you're doing. Or replace the capacitors 5 times like ended up doing. I recommend a good soldering station (with temp control, etc.)and a lot of research and patience if you want to do it yourself. Otherwise, ask a professional console modder to do it.

New cables and battery bay contacts and doors are easier to replace.