What performance should I be expecting on my build?

EldenOne

So my PC specs are as follows:

CPU: ryzen 7 5800x3d (undervolted, neg 30 on all cores, 100ppt, 70tdc, 100edc)

GPU: RTX 4060 ti 8gb gigabyte eagle oc 

RAM: corsair dominator ( I think thats the name idk) 2 x 16gb ddr4 3600 cl18 

MOBO: ASUS B550 f gaming 

SSD: WD black SN 850x 2tb

PSU: Asus thor 850p 80 + Platinum 

Cooler: Corsair h 100i elite 

Case: BEQUIET purebase 500dx 

I play mostly older games like BFV, BF1, Star wars battlefront II, I also play Fortnite, Battlefield 2042, elden ring, overwatch 2, a wide variety of games but mostly older games (because newer games suck these days in my opinion). But in BFV on ultra settings I get around 140-160fps and on low only like 160- 180 which seems a bit low but it runs smooth, in BF2042 I get around 170-200fps on all low settings but when alot of things are going on in the game this can go down to 140fps on low and when put to ultra I get about 90-120fps. I think the other games I listed run more or less how they should. 

if youre only going to play older titles then most of them won't really take advantage of newer hardware like having several threads so don't expect them to just scale infinitely forever.

3 hours ago, emosun said:

if youre only going to play older titles then most of them won't really take advantage of newer hardware like having several threads so don't expect them to just scale infinitely forever.

So, you would say that my frames in 2042 sound about normal?

older hardware works better with older stuff because the games were built around it. not saying new stuff cant play old stuff.

so it will be a game by game problem.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I don't understand what your issue is.

You get fantastic performance. Computers in general either word or don't work. With the exception of thermal throttling, you get the performance you should. Computers aren't like cars where dirt, wear and tear will make them less performant over time. Your computer either works or don't work. If you get 100+ FPS in a game then you get the performance you should expect. Computers and games don't end up in states where you get 80% of the performance "you should get".

Even if that was the case, which it isn't, then you still get fantastic performance as it is and do not have to worry about anything.

If the only thing you are worried about is if it's normal to dip from 170 FPS to 120 FPS during graphically intensive scenes then yes, that's normal and not at all an issue.