Any console gamers on here?

Not a console gamer myself, but i would like to know why some people have them. 

I cant think of many actual reasons to buy a console and not a PC, so maybe someone could enlighten me. 

having freinds on console and not on pc, console exclusives, cheaper, people dont know much about PC's, PC's are harder to maintain....

BUT PC master race fo' life!

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

There's a console gamer section. I'm moving the thread.

Please make sure to post in the correct section in the future instead of just dumping a thread in General Discussion. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I game on console. I can sit on the couch and game, which I could do with my PC, but need an other HDMI to do, it has Gran Turismo, and my friends play it.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

I have a PS3 but I don't use it often, I actually use it more as a DVD/BluRay player.

i'm a potato

There is only one reason I game on a PS3 every now and then, it's called Gran Tourismo.

I play GTAO on ps3 and use it for netflix, thats about it

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I guess some gamers might choose to own a console to play some of the console exclusive games... for example I used to play little big planet on the PS3 even though I had a PC, now I can also play GTA5 which is still not available for PC as of right now.

I have consoles because I have friends that play console. I have both a 360 and ps3, an Xbox one, and planning to get a ps4 once it has a game my friends all play. Console gaming is great when you just want to lay back and play. A lot of times I prefer to just turn in a console and olsy with my buddies instead of playing at my desk and coordinating which servers to join, vent, etc etc etc

I wouldn't call myself a console gamer anymore, but I do get the Xbox for Halo and Nintendo consoles for Zelda, among other random excusives here and there.

I am not skilled enough to be a regular console gamer.  Dual analog controller is a greater challenge than mouse n keyboard for sure and I wish I was good at using a controller but that just hasn't happened yet.  Therefore I stick to pc gaming more.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I will be a hardcore Console player when Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn comes out!

Mouse and KB for life!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Being a console gamer is about more than just playing silly war games on the latest XBOX or PlayStation and talking shit online.

I'm a gamer, and a technology enthusiast. As a result, I like to own and experience everything each platform has to offer. :)

Same. I don't see why I should limit myself to just one system. I own an i3225 based PC that I built myself, a netbook, a notebook an old iBook G4, an iPad2, an Android phone, an arcade cabinet and more than 25 different consoles (including handhelds) from the NES (and Famicom) to the XBOX360 Slim and 3DSXL. I do not yet own any of the latest home consoles, but I would like to own a PS4 for the last guardian and a WiiU for all the Nintendo games at some point. I never buy them at launch and I usually wait for a 2nd revision or a significant price drop.

I even have my old Pentium III, still.

I can't stand first person shooters and the typical uninspired PC style dungeon crawlers and strategy games. I have no desire to play any of my games online.

I do have a Steam account but I hate having to sign into my account just to play my games. I hate DRM. The Store is a nightmare. Gamepad support is terrible. I'm really only waiting for Mighty No 9 and the new River City Ransom at this point.

I own hundrets of legit games on cart or disc. Games that I bought over the past 22 years. Games that don't need any emulators, drivers or plugins. They just work and I don't see the need to throw them out just because I can download most of them for free. Games like Fast Striker for the Neo Geo can't be emulated and the only way to enjoy them is on the original hardware.

Retro games are supposed to be played on a CRT TV and picture looks best, if you're using a decent RGB cable. Emulation might give a clearer pricture, but that's not what it's supposed to look like.

I love videogame hardware and I like to modify and repair systems and controllers. It's a hobby and there are a ton of challenges. Putting together a powerful PC is just plain boring in comparison.

I want my PC to be small and energy efficient. It draws 20 to 25 watts when watching a 1080p movie and less than 20 when I'm browsing the web. My Famicom draws 4 watts and the Neo Geo less than 15.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I cant think of many actual reasons to buy a console and not a PC, so maybe someone could enlighten me. 

I game on my PS3 because my laptop isn't great for games. Once I build my new gaming/editing PC, I'll be playing on both PC and consoles.

Gaming/Editing PC: AMD FX-8350 | CM Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600| Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE | PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Corsair 600W ATX Semi-Modular PSU | Thermaltake Chaser A71 | LG 25UM64-S 25.0" 2560 x 1080 Display | CM Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse

Me to an extent

To play games that do not come out on pc/play with friends that dont game on PC

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

A friend of mine just got Assassins Creed IV for PC, he told me that the controls are terrible, is that true?