Help to upgrade a PC a prebuild PC

Budget (including currency): 

My budget is 800-1200 EUR.

Spain

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:
I mostly play open-world games and milsim (Squad, GTAV,etc.). Another use for the computer would be for virtual machines (VMs). I am upgrading because I feel that for future games (GTAVI lol), my PC will no longer be as powerful.

Hello, I want to upgrade most of the parts of my PC. My PC is a prebuilt system I purchased back in 2021 (MSI MAG Codex 5), and I've made some modifications myself. Here's my current setup:

CPU: Intel Core i9-11900KF
    GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X 12GB
    Motherboard: MSI H510M PRO (MS-7D22)
    RAM: DDR4 32GB (2x16GB)
    Hard drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB, and a Kingston of 480GB

Currently, I use 1 monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 1080p. I am planning to upgrade to 2 monitors that support 1440p.

The PSU is the stock one (500W), and the cooler has been changed to a Peerless Assassin 120 SE. I wouldn't mind changing the motherboard to one that supports new-gen processors from either AMD or Intel and upgrading the RAM to DDR5.

I appreciate any advice; I am new to building PCs, so please don't be too hard on me.

7 minutes ago, Sebass_ said:

I wouldn't mind changing the motherboard to one that supports new-gen processors from either AMD or Intel and upgrading the RAM to DDR5.

Since the i9-11900KF only supports DDR4, you'd also have to change your CPU in either case.

I'd say the system is likely still pretty decent. If you want to go 1440p, you'll most likely not need to upgrade anything but the GPU.

8 minutes ago, Sebass_ said:

I am upgrading because I feel that for future games (GTAVI lol), my PC will no longer be as powerful.

Upgrade if your current system isn't enough for the games you're playing right now. Don't upgrade now for future games. Wait until the game is actually out and we have an idea how much performance it needs. Otherwise you'll likely spend money on components that might be too slow again by the time the game does come out.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Are you happy with the performance for current games? If you are don't upgrade now, upgrade when you need it. You'll get faster hardware for your money in the future. GTA 6 for pc will take at least 2 more years.

I agree with you both @Sjaakie and @Eigenvektor. Better wait till is actually out. And performance wise I am happy right now as you mention it, will save the money for when the moment comes, thank you a lot for the quick answer!!! :D.

22 minutes ago, Sebass_ said:

Budget (including currency): 

My budget is 800-1200 EUR.

Spain

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:
I mostly play open-world games and milsim (Squad, GTAV,etc.). Another use for the computer would be for virtual machines (VMs). I am upgrading because I feel that for future games (GTAVI lol), my PC will no longer be as powerful.

Hello, I want to upgrade most of the parts of my PC. My PC is a prebuilt system I purchased back in 2021 (MSI MAG Codex 5), and I've made some modifications myself. Here's my current setup:

CPU: Intel Core i9-11900KF
    GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X 12GB
    Motherboard: MSI H510M PRO (MS-7D22)
    RAM: DDR4 32GB (2x16GB)
    Hard drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB, and a Kingston of 480GB

Currently, I use 1 monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 1080p. I am planning to upgrade to 2 monitors that support 1440p.

The PSU is the stock one (500W), and the cooler has been changed to a Peerless Assassin 120 SE. I wouldn't mind changing the motherboard to one that supports new-gen processors from either AMD or Intel and upgrading the RAM to DDR5.

I appreciate any advice; I am new to building PCs, so please don't be too hard on me.

You got the usual prebuilt symptom : nice CPU to boast in ads, crap board that can't get the CPU to full power...

But it won't make much sense to upgrade a LGA1200 board now

The weak part of your build is the GPU indeed, don't expect a good 1440p experience with a 3060

So with 1000EUR you could get a 7900XT or 4070Ti and a 850W good PSU to pair with 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones