Should I get 70fps in CS2 with my gtx 1060 6gb?

Hi, so I have Asus strix gtx 1060 6gb paired with i5-6600 and 16gb ddr4 2133mhz ram, I have stripped down version of windows(atlas os) and my CS2 is at lowest settings possible for 1080p, i get like 70fps and huge drops. I was wondering how much should I actually get?

i think my card is thermal throttling as it goes up to 80°C with fans at 90-100%, I am going to repaste it but I wanted to know how much fps can I expect?

Thank you

shahzeb

specs:

strix gtx 1060 6gb oc

i5-6600

Asus b150m.2

550w

250gb Sata ssd

Techpowerup included a 1060 6GB in their test results and it got 106 fps @ 1080p / max settings, but the test CPU was a 13900K.

12 minutes ago, Sheybi said:

i think my card is thermal throttling as it goes up to 80°C

nvidia cards get around 85C before thermal throttle, but 100% fan speed to keep temps around 80, your idea to repaste is definitely a good one. Although, if you have a PC case with poor ventilation, new thermal paste can only do so much.

12 minutes ago, Sheybi said:

i5-6600 and 16gb ddr4 2133mhz ram

As a modern game, CS2 is a lot more impacted by this. A much older, slower CPU with much older, slower ram. Also, is it 1x16GB or 2x8GB? 2x8 would be better, but still, DDR4 2133 offers pretty low bandwidth, and you are limited to this speed regardless because of the CPU and motherboard.

Also, are your graphics drivers up to date?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

nvidia cards get around 85C before thermal throttle, but 100% fan speed to keep temps around 80, your idea to repaste is definitely a good one. Although, if you have a PC case with poor ventilation, new thermal paste can only do so much.

As a modern game, CS2 is a lot more impacted by this. A much older, slower CPU with much older, slower ram. Also, is it 1x16GB or 2x8GB? 2x8 would be better, but still, DDR4 2133 offers pretty low bandwidth, and you are limited to this speed regardless because of the CPU and motherboard.

It’s 2x8 and I’m not sure but ventilation, I do have 6 fans, 3 intake and 3 exhaust, intake at the front and exhaust at top and rear, cpu keeps cool at 40-50 because of the direct airflow not so sure about gpu

7 minutes ago, Tetras said:

Techpowerup included a 1060 6GB in their test results and it got 106 fps @ 1080p / max settings, but the test CPU was a 13900K.

It’s a shame as I used to get 160-180 in Csgo max

17 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Also, are your graphics drivers up to date?

Yes they are up to date, what do you think my upgrade plan should be excluding the graphic card, I have a Corsair VS550 and a hp x27q(1440p)

I want to upgrade my CPU,ram and motherboard and maybe psu.

5 minutes ago, Sheybi said:

Yes they are up to date, what do you think my upgrade plan should be excluding the graphic card, I have a Corsair VS550 and a hp x27q(1440p)

I want to upgrade my CPU,ram and motherboard and maybe psu.

If you want to go the cost effective route, a used B450 motherboard and Ryzen 5 3600 are a great value, alongside some ddr4 3200

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, Sheybi said:

It’s a shame as I used to get 160-180 in Csgo max

it is a shame, CSGO transition to CS2 basically cut the average fps in half approximately

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

u asking about your gpu, when the anemic cpu is the issue.  

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If you want to go the cost effective route, a used B450 motherboard and Ryzen 5 3600 are a great value, alongside some ddr4 3200

this basically. 

ps: your psu should be fine...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Thanks, what if I want to go 1440p, except the GPU(for now), should I make any changes?

something like 1080p max, 1440p medium-high

5 minutes ago, Sheybi said:

Thanks, what if I want to go 1440p, except the GPU(for now), should I make any changes?

something like 1080p max, 1440p medium-high

If you're going for 1440p a new graphics card would be the only real move after the new CPU. The 3600 would be fine for either situation

Primary PC: