Can I use rgb fans without a header on my motherboard?

aren332

I want to install 3 rgb fans in my case but unfortunetly I have a a dell optiplex 9020 motherboard which doesnt support any rgb. Is there a way to use rgb on the fans? I can install a fan controller or something like if needed to. If only certain fans work like that, than please tell me which ones, because I havent ordered fans yet but im planning to. Also the fans should be pwm 4 pin

How fancy did you want to get with the RGB control? The basic RGB can be controlled with any generic RGB header
For example, here's a simple USB to 5V RGB adapter
https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-5V-USB-LED-RGB-Controller-3Key-4Pin-Remote-Controller-For-LED-Strip-Light/1025822033?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101047887

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

How fancy did you want to get with the RGB control? The basic RGB can be controlled with any generic RGB header
For example, here's a simple USB to 5V RGB adapter
https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-5V-USB-LED-RGB-Controller-3Key-4Pin-Remote-Controller-For-LED-Strip-Light/1025822033?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101047887

is it possible to just get like single color fans that just light up from the normal 4 pin connector? also thanks ill thinks about that

6 hours ago, aren332 said:

is it possible to just get like single color fans that just light up from the normal 4 pin connector? also thanks ill thinks about that

If "the normal 4pin" is  Fan connector, the answer is :  the circuits for  Fan spinn and RGB never touch each other 

10 hours ago, aren332 said:

Yes, there are plenty of those and they tend to be pretty cheap. What color did you prefer? You can filter for that in PCPartPicker 

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case-fan/#s=120&l=100000,23,40,56&C=0&B=30,40&sort=price&page=1

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

If "the normal 4pin" is  Fan connector, the answer is :  the circuits for  Fan spinn and RGB never touch each other 

Luckily the fans that do this don't have an RGB circuit, they just pull a little extra current for some single color LEDs

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad