Computer Science Studies in Canada

coolermaster_masternoob

Hi guys, I don't know if it's off topic, i'm just gonna post this here and see.

So i'm a north african, passionate about computers in general (gaming, building, etc...) and i wanna push myself even further with learning how to code.

I don't know what courses i have to take and all that stuff, but i'm asking if there's any cheap schools or universities that accept foreign students. I don't know how the education system works in Canada, I just want to learn.

Thank's :)

Is there a specific reason you want to learn in Canada? Seems quite a ways off from where you live... or are you planning to move there?

If you're specifically interested in learning programming there are many courses you can take online, either for free or for a fee. As a start I would recommend Exercism, which offers many exercises and human coaching entirely for free.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Cheap and international university in Canada doesn't exist. If you're looking at more affordable computer related education, you'll probably want to look at a polytechnic

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

university of the people is about as international and as free as you can get. The caveat is that you still need to pay like 2k+ USD over 4 years to take their exams and be awarded the degree. 

also, it is only nationally accredited in the USA so while the American government will recognize it, many universities with regional accreditations won't. this also includes various other institutions, businesses, and non-profits. the same thing for Canada. 

many of its students are from Africa, Asia, and other non-Western countries and who wouldn't be able to afford an American degree or a college-level education otherwise. however there is significant trade off(namely accreditation as mentioned) so do your own research before deciding if this is for you. 

Sudo make me a sandwich