How would I connect to wireless display(TV)?

Guerff

I would like to be able to use my TV as a wireless display.

My desktop is hardlined to the wireless router and all the TVs in my house are connected to my wireless network. I can connect to the TVs with my laptop no problem with the built in windows connect to wireless display option, but when I try to connect to a wireless display from the desktop it doesn't recognize that anything else is on the same network.

Is there a setting or something I can change so the desktop will recognize the TV without just switching my desktop to be connected to wifi?

3 minutes ago, Guerff said:

I would like to be able to use my TV as a wireless display.

My desktop is hardlined to the wireless router and all the TVs in my house are connected to my wireless network. I can connect to the TVs with my laptop no problem with the built in windows connect to wireless display option, but when I try to connect to a wireless display from the desktop it doesn't recognize that anything else is on the same network.

Is there a setting or something I can change so the desktop will recognize the TV without just switching my desktop to be connected to wifi?

Despite all the "guides" online, I've never been able to connect a wired desktop computer to a TV / display that supports wireless display technology. Everything I've researched seems to indicate that Miracast Wireless Display technology requires a WiFi adapter that supports WiDi (Wireless Display) to initiate the connection, even if you want to route the connection via Ethernet. Why on earth would I want to use WiFi when I have access to wired? I'm sure there's some kind of technical reason behind this though.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast-over-ethernet/cac0e2ab-e869-418a-9695-75cd16b345d9

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

If I remember right some displays use Wi-Fi Direct to cast. If your desktop doesn’t have a Wirless adapter that could be your issue. However I could be totally wrong about this. I would try to google your tv model and what is required from the casting device in order to work. Another possible issue could be if the network settings on your pc are configured not to see other devices on the network. Usually this is something you say yes or no to when connecting to the network for the first time. If you go to file explorer and then click on the network tab do you see your tvs or no? If not then you should see a pop up to enable viewing devices on the network. I don’t know if any of this will help but it’s worth trying to look at.

Another option is to use an hdmi cable. Not always practical. But always guaranteed to work!