I Think I Broke My School Chromebooks Trackpad

Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,
49 minutes ago, Jacobplayz said:

on one hand, this is actually great because I hate how it sounds.

[...]

Note: It still works

Then just keep using it and don't say anything. The problem doesn't bother you (the only user of said laptop), and messing with it could very well make things worse.

The fact that you care about a relatively minor issue like that says a lot about how well you take care of your laptop compared to your peers. As long as it's still in good shape when you turn it in at the end of the year, you should be fine. 

(There might not even be a problem, double-check the settings to see if there's a toggle for haptic feedback.)

The Chromebook that my school gave me is the Acer Chromebook Spin 311. When I try to click on the track pad (not double tapping, but pressing down) the click doesn't have a bump to it. It is completely silent. on one hand, this is actually great because I hate how it sounds. On another hand, I don't feel like dropping $50 for a dumb mistake I made. Is there any low risk way of fixing this?

"Don't be sorry, be better"

Schools  have shelves full of faulty Chromebooks (graveyards). If the fault is a noise (or lack of) when it's returned it is unlikely your sys admin will notice or care.

When they  get a return they will login, reset to factory. They may even have an deployment tool so they literally plug it in and  walk away. They don't spend hours on it clicking  and keyboarding . They might do a keyboard test but even that is probably automated. 

Risks involved  in fix yourself are likely not worthwhile when its not your kit. 

49 minutes ago, Jacobplayz said:

on one hand, this is actually great because I hate how it sounds.

[...]

Then just keep using it and don't say anything. The problem doesn't bother you (the only user of said laptop), and messing with it could very well make things worse.

The fact that you care about a relatively minor issue like that says a lot about how well you take care of your laptop compared to your peers. As long as it's still in good shape when you turn it in at the end of the year, you should be fine. 

(There might not even be a problem, double-check the settings to see if there's a toggle for haptic feedback.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.