$25 backpack credit and replacement Carabiner

Lickrob

Is it possible to have the replacement Carabiner kit shipped with whatever I order with my $25 credit. For the environment...

26 minutes ago, Lickrob said:

Is it possible to have the replacement Carabiner kit shipped with whatever I order with my $25 credit. For the environment...

Perhaps. You'd have to send out an email to their support line in order to fund out tho.

I suppose report back here with what you learn 🙂

My instinct is to say that this might be too logistically complex for us to offer at scale. But you're welcome to contact us closer to when your carabiners actually ship out to see what's possible. 🙂

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

@Adam Pilolla I was thinking more of a, "If you wait until x date before using your voucher, your Carabiner Kit will be included in your purchase" comment to be added to the voucher. technically, everyone who has a voucher is due a Carabiner Kit.

Specifically for people like me who are not based in North America it would save quite a bit in shipping. 

1 hour ago, Lickrob said:

@Adam Pilolla I was thinking more of a, "If you wait until x date before using your voucher, your Carabiner Kit will be included in your purchase" comment to be added to the voucher. technically, everyone who has a voucher is due a Carabiner Kit.

Specifically for people like me who are not based in North America it would save quite a bit in shipping. 

Since carabiners are very light, but our products are quite heavy, we'd likely have to charge you for shipping anyway in that scenario. Whereas we'd ship your carabiners for free by themselves.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

Pretty sure Linus mentioned on WAN show that the carabiners will be shipped from China. It's inefficient to ship 40k+ packages to the creator warehouse just for you to sort it and ship it further.

Just as I'm writing it, i thought about data protection. For you to send it directly to us, you have to provide our adresses and names to some Chinese company. Not sure if everybody is fine with that.

On 12/13/2023 at 7:33 PM, helgehelge123 said:

Pretty sure Linus mentioned on WAN show that the carabiners will be shipped from China. It's inefficient to ship 40k+ packages to the creator warehouse just for you to sort it and ship it further.

Just as I'm writing it, i thought about data protection. For you to send it directly to us, you have to provide our adresses and names to some Chinese company. Not sure if everybody is fine with that.

we do that anyways already with amazon

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

On 12/13/2023 at 9:58 PM, Adam Pilolla said:

Since carabiners are very light, but our products are quite heavy, we'd likely have to charge you for shipping anyway in that scenario. Whereas we'd ship your carabiners for free by themselves.

When exactly will the 25$ credit be given? I checked my mailbox but haven't received anything yet. Wasn't it announced more then a week ago now?

16 hours ago, JRMBelgiumTwitch said:

When exactly will the 25$ credit be given? I checked my mailbox but haven't received anything yet. Wasn't it announced more then a week ago now?

You should get something next week, they've got a lot of emails to process

5 hours ago, FFLORO said:

You should get something next week, they;ve got a lot of emails to process

I'm sorry for being a pedantic little sh*t in this thread but sometimes Linus rubs me the wrong way.
His reason for the backpack emails taking long is that they gotta send 10s of thousand of emails and it just takes time to send this amount of mails. Meanwhile they're sending out a newsletter for the store no problemo.
Please explain how a newsletter for a product, that's not gonna be released for months is more important to send out than the backpack coupon?

2 hours ago, helgehelge123 said:

I'm sorry for being a pedantic little sh*t in this thread but sometimes Linus rubs me the wrong way.
His reason for the backpack emails taking long is that they gotta send 10s of thousand of emails and it just takes time to send this amount of mails. Meanwhile they're sending out a newsletter for the store no problemo.
Please explain how a newsletter for a product, that's not gonna be released for months is more important to send out than the backpack coupon?

The newsletter is a unidirectional communication that won't require the ability for tens of thousands of people to respond, with each of those responses needing to be tracked and accounted for. The newsletter has also already been in place and doesn't require any additional work from their end to set up.

That aside, the people responsible for writing the newsletter are not the same people that are working on getting these backpack emails out. And lastly that I can think of, backpack purchasers are a small percentage of viewers. The rest of the happenings at the company aren't just going to get put on hold for this until the backpack emails get sent out.

Try to be patient, there's truth to what they're saying. They want this resolved quickly just as much as you do. Sincerely, someone who owns 2 backpacks and is also waiting on the replacement pulls.

How can I get the carabiner replacement kit without having to create a google account? It's just a link to a google form and it insists that I make an account to proceed.

Also, I had to turn off my pihole for the links about extending the warranty and such to work. Annoying but I guess understandable whatwith how email marketing and clickthrough tracking works but the final site I ended up on is a very short and perfectly human typable URL that really could just have been shown in plain text. Nothing unique per viewer about it. (digging it out from the plaintext fallback when reading the entire message source was also an option I could have gone with I see now)

edit some number: understandable but sad to see the discount code can't be applied towards the shipping cost itself if you get something for less than $25

27 minutes ago, okänd said:

How can I get the carabiner replacement kit without having to create a google account? It's just a link to a google form and it insists that I make an account to proceed.

Also, I had to turn off my pihole for the links about extending the warranty and such to work. Annoying but I guess understandable whatwith how email marketing and clickthrough tracking works but the final site I ended up on is a very short and perfectly human typable URL that really could just have been shown in plain text. Nothing unique per viewer about it. (digging it out from the plaintext fallback when reading the entire message source was also an option I could have gone with I see now)

edit some number: understandable but sad to see the discount code can't be applied towards the shipping cost itself if you get something for less than $25

Looks like the sign-in is a requirement of allowing file uploads in a form (which they’re using to allow you to upload photos of broken carabiners to be prioritized). If you don’t have/aren’t comfortable using your own Google account, it’s pretty quick and easy to create a burner one. I understand that should not be required, but is going to be the easiest way forward.

I am a little disappointed that the $25 credit does not apply to shipping. The only way to utilize the credit is to spend even more money. Why does it matter to LTT if the credit is applied towards products or shipping? $25 is $25, right?

I didn't even know about the double layer that wasn't there and I was very appreciative that they offered the credit. But now I will most likely forgo this credit. Thanks but no thanks? 

The shipping thing is even more ironic to me because I live like 20 minutes drive from you guys in Surrey, BC.

EDIT: and, yes, I made an account just to complain. 😀

Screenshot from 2023-12-19 10-02-53.png

Edited by IgnitedX

5 minutes ago, gadgetboyj said:

Looks like the sign-in is a requirement of allowing file uploads in a form (which they’re using to allow you to upload photos of broken carabiners to be prioritized). If you don’t have/aren’t comfortable using your own Google account, it’s pretty quick and easy to create a burner one. I understand that should not be required, but is going to be the easiest way forward.

Yeah I just swallowed my pride about this and dug up some old google account I had from a long time ago in the end. Still unfortunate that it had to be this way.

2 hours ago, IgnitedX said:

I didn't even know about the double layer that wasn't there and I was very appreciative that they offered the credit. But now I will most likely forgo this credit. Thanks but no thanks? 

I mean, I would've thought that it'd be more like a gift card towards the total order value rather than a discount on the items alone, but what are you gonna do, just not use it at all? Just get stuff for $25+ in value and pay $9.99 for shipping, that's hardly the worst deal imo

7 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

Can you buy a gift card with the discount?

No, you cannot

9 hours ago, FFLORO said:

I mean, I would've thought that it'd be more like a gift card towards the total order value rather than a discount on the items alone, but what are you gonna do, just not use it at all? Just get stuff for $25+ in value and pay $9.99 for shipping, that's hardly the worst deal imo

Well, as it stands, I won't be using it at all. It's a great deal if I already have something I want to buy. But that's not the case. I don't spend money just to take advantage of a deal on something I can do without.

And, to be perfectly honest, the virtual double layer warranty is sufficient for me. The extra $25 credit is just the icing on top if you can fully utilize it. 

Anyone know why the Google form was closed for the replacement carabiners?

On 12/20/2023 at 6:02 PM, LMGcommunity said:

Should be open again now.

I can not access it now I have only been able to find time to do it now it says error 400

Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! 

ALWAYS HAPPPY TO HELP NO CHALLENGE IS TO HARD FOR ME

Sorry I make lots of typos