Thinking of dropping out of school

greenroost1445

OP how old are you? Do you really think you have what it takes to take on the cold world of business? 

Stepping into the world of business and finances is a seriously extreme move. Trust me, that "useless" education your getting now will come in handy and when it does you'll be surprised. 

DOAAA0Z.gif

Think about it. I graduated from high school and then entered the world of business, its a whole other ball game. 

As much as this is the second page, I want you to read this carefully.

I've had a shit life. All the people I care about are dying within 3 years of each other, I've spent about half of the past year (Not exaggerating, literally 6 months) in the hospital, I'm in grade 12, I've been suffering from depression since grade 7, and I simply despise the people at my school.

I didn't drop out.

I made it through, despite almost suffering emotional breakdowns every single day and being on a cocktail of antidepressants and other things every single day.

You have NO reason to complain. Absolutely none.

So relax. You can do it. It will pay off in the long run. I know someone who dropped out of school last year and can't get a job and became depressed. As much as you might hate it now, you need to do it for your own good.

thanks man... I thank all you you guys to help make my decision...

You can do ALOT with a high school education contrary to popular belief. Just because you graduated from high school and didn't attend college or uni doesn't mean you'll be flipping burgers for the rest of your life. 

Hard work will get you far. I did web/graphic design work for a Realtor when I was a senior in high school, actively did research to improve my skills in that field of work. Graduated and moved on to do IT support and then salesman work, gained lots of work experience through those, then something(a show I watched) sparked my interest in economics and drove me to do self research on the stock market. Took the money I made from past jobs and made the move to trading stocks for a living. 

You can accomplish anything if have the mind for it, the amount of effort you put in equates to the amount of reward you receive. I also thought the crap you learned in school would most likely never come in handy, and I'll admit alot of things I learned in school didn't come in handy in the real world because things operate differently. But the very little I learned in economics class gave me a head start and pointed me in the right direction to where I should and wanted to go.

It's all about mindset mate, if you've got the right mindset and put forward the effort to get to your goal you'll get there. 

As much as this is the second page, I want you to read this carefully.

I've had a shit life. All the people I care about are dying within 3 years of each other, I've spent about half of the past year (Not exaggerating, literally 6 months) in the hospital, I'm in grade 12, I've been suffering from depression since grade 7, and I simply despise the people at my school.

I didn't drop out.

I made it through, despite almost suffering emotional breakdowns every single day and being on a cocktail of antidepressants and other things every single day.

You have NO reason to complain. Absolutely none.

So relax. You can do it. It will pay off in the long run. I know someone who dropped out of school last year and can't get a job and became depressed. As much as you might hate it now, you need to do it for your own good.

That's quite a story bud. ^.^

Keep pushing forward in the direction with most progress! Life has to be bad to get good right? I'd raise a glass to your determination but anything alcoholic fucks with my liver. :D

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

So here's the thing, it's the end of sophomore year and I am done with school in its entirety. I don't want to go back next year and I'm sick and tired of school. I feel like the things we study are completely pointless. And what they try to integrate in it just doesn't work... Most people who graduate from my high school don't know how to do taxes, and the only thing they know how to do is take tests. I'm thinking about just going and starting a business, I've done most of my research and can't find a reason to stay in school. What do you guys think should I stay in school?

go for it. i dropped out of school and got an apprenticeship. its much much better than school. i only go to college 1 day a week and i get paid. if i was still at school i wouldn't have a car or the pc i have now. :) 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

So here's the thing, it's the end of sophomore year and I am done with school in its entirety. I don't want to go back next year and I'm sick and tired of school. I feel like the things we study are completely pointless. And what they try to integrate in it just doesn't work... Most people who graduate from my high school don't know how to do taxes, and the only thing they know how to do is take tests. I'm thinking about just going and starting a business, I've done most of my research and can't find a reason to stay in school. What do you guys think should I stay in school?

I'm currently in school too, but if school was pointless it would have been cut down and abolished many years ago. Finishing High School puts everybody on the same level and makes live for the universities easier when they can start where everybody left off. Before starting a business I would look into similar companies offering the same services and seeing what their life is like. In what field would you want to start your business?

go for it. i dropped out of school and got an apprenticeship. its much much better than school. i only go to college 1 day a week and i get paid. if i was still at school i wouldn't have a car or the pc i have now. :)

I did not drop out of school, i finished at 16 then i did voluntary work, if i could live a different life without parents fucking me up, i would do miles better. People like the OP make me sick, when then have it on a silver spoon for them they take it for granted.

Not getting angry with anyone, just wish people could see what position they are in.

I was in care from 12 years of age to 18, at which point i was practically on my own at 18, i forced myself to go into the Army to escape the real world, it bettered me as a man, but i wanted a job, i wanted something to look good at, sure i look good in uniform, but it's not something i am.

At the end of the day, why punish yourself for 5 mins of laziness, you will find out the hard way in the future.

I am now unemployed because i left the Army to be with my mother who fell ill, which is no ones fault, but think about it.

I was put in jail for going AWOL as it was the only way out of the Army without doing my full service, i did 2 years and got honorably discharged after serving 3 months prison time.

I wish i had a better way in life, but shit happens.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I did not drop out of school, i finished at 16 then i did voluntary work, if i could live a different life without parents fucking me up, i would do miles better. People like the OP make me sick, when then have it on a silver spoon for them they take it for granted.

Not getting angry with anyone, just wish people could see what position they are in.

I was in care from 12 years of age to 18, at which point i was practically on my own at 18, i forced myself to go into the Army to escape the real world, it bettered me as a man, but i wanted a job, i wanted something to look good at, sure i look good in uniform, but it's not something i am.

At the end of the day, why punish yourself for 5 mins of laziness, you will find out the hard way in the future.

I am now unemployed because i left the Army to be with my mother who fell ill, which is no ones fault, but think about it.

I was put in jail for going AWOL as it was the only way out of the Army without doing my full service, i did 2 years and got honorably discharged after serving 3 months prison time.

when i say dropped out, i did the first year of sixth form and left. my mum and dad aren't exactly poor, but they literally just feed me so i decided that if i wanted to get some nice things i would get a job.

it must suck to have your parents mess up. :(  

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

when i say dropped out, i did the first year of sixth form and left. my mum and dad aren't exactly poor, but they literally just feed me so i decided that if i wanted to get some nice things i would get a job.

it must suck to have your parents mess up. :(  

No i never meant to put a downer on what you said, i just do not think influencing to drop out is a good thing, i apologize if you feel i was having a go, my bad, i get rather emotional and enthusiastic sometimes.

Just ya know, sharing a view point, some people have it worse than me.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

-snip-

Some people need to experience it in order to understand and know how it really is. 

Its the obvious true that some people are better off than others. Those who have had it hard are more inclined to push to have things better. 

I'll admit my life's been pretty well, but I know there are always more improvements I can make. I don't take what I have for granted, and I know everything I have can disappear in a instant if I'm not careful. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Some people need to experience it in order to understand and know how it really is. 

Its the obvious true that some people are better off than others. Those who have had it hard are more inclined to push to have things better. 

I'll admit my life's been pretty well, but I know there are always more improvements I can make. I don't take what I have for granted, and I know everything I have can disappear in a instant if I'm not careful. 

:)

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

No i never meant to put a downer on what you said, i just do not think influencing to drop out is a good thing, i apologize if you feel i was having a go, my bad, i get rather emotional and enthusiastic sometimes.

Just ya know, sharing a view point, some people have it worse than me.

its ok. it just seemed a bit random to just quote me  :P. In my opinion, after i left school, it was so much better that i would encourage people who are thinking about leaving to leave. if you're seriously thinking of leaving, its a big jump, but i think it would be refreshing for some people.

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

its ok. it just seemed a bit random to just quote me  :P. In my opinion, after i left school, it was so much better that i would encourage people who are thinking about leaving to leave. if you're seriously thinking of leaving, its a big jump, but i think it would be refreshing for some people.

Fair comment, i will respect your opinion ;)

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Sorry for coming out like that, I did not mean to sound like that it's just I want to join the military but I'm just to impatient to finish High school and college to get a commission. Another thing is that I want to contribute something to humanity and make everybody's lives easier.

Good luck getting a job if you can't even handle high school... I am sure a lot of employers will pick you, someone who couldn't even be bothered to finish high school over someone with a college degree when picking candidates for a job position.

Oh and good luck with your business. I am sure that you, a 16 year old with no real life experience can do a better job than most adults with good financial resources when it comes to running a business.

I mean, the reason why most businesses don't do very well is probably because of the owners, right? Not because it's really really hard to compete against giant brands with more financial resources than entire countries, and that running a successful business is really really hard in general.

But seriously now OP, stay in school. You're not as smart as you think you are. Put your entire future on the line just because you don't want to spend 2 more years in high school, which is pretty much smooth sailing as long as you pay a minimal amount of attention during classes, is a bad idea.

Most of what you learn in high school is general knowledge. Essential things you are expected to know, because they are very important.

Trust me, almost everyone gets bored in high school but it is VERY VERY important. At uni you get to pick exactly what you want to study as well, so the only reason why you'd read something you don't find useful is because you personally messed up.

Sorry for coming out like that, I did not mean to sound like that it's just I want to join the military but I'm just to impatient to finish High school and college to get a commission. Another thing is that I want to contribute something to humanity and make everybody's lives easier.

There are plenty of people like you every day in the same mind, people who fail, people who succeed in Armed Forces, i do not know the correct recipe for success in this area, but if you really want this, you best have a lot of mental strength, physical comes afterwards.

I really cannot recommend the Army to anyone, but i know that it is for some people.

I may have the experience, but looking to me for encouragement in your position is not something that will happen, sorry mate, keep your head down, get your grades, get the life you deserve.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Haha to be honest I don't see how joining the military would contribute to humanity. You know what type of person greatly contribute to humanity? Inventors, engineers, people who push the envelope to improve upon what we already have. 

Whatever you do make sure you know what your getting into. Even when you "think" you know what your about to dive into you could still be sorely mistaken. But hey learning the hard way also has its merits. 

Stay in school. Don't think about starting a business until AFTER you finish school.

This is from someone that dropped out and started a business. 

Just don't f**ing do it. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You're not as smart as you think you are.

Exactly.... that's literally the best way to put it. You may think you know, but in reality... you've only scratched the surface. 

Exactly.... that's literally the best way to put it. You may think you know, but in reality... you've only scratched the surface. 

ok, thank you that brings things into perspective...

I would spend the remaining years to think of back up plans and how to deal with competition or growth or the loss of the customer base that wants/needs your skills. High school won't provide you with those skills. Nothing really provides you those skills. That high school paper is about showing employers you're willing to put up with a certain level of bullshit (one you might encounter while working with them, for example). It's part of a back up plan. The structure is flawed, and I think it's great that you can recognize it that early, but clearly you have some doubts, with good reason.

don't become a drop out.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Or you could resort to a children's game called Roblox, they apparently pay people if they attract a large enough audience from the games you make. As long as you know corrupt buisiness tricks, lies and cheats and you know how to program and 3D model well, then its a good way to go since some people make $10k/month from that game and im not kidding.

Dropping out of school is never a good thing even if you are financially well off, will inherit wealth or have everything going for you right now. School is the tool you use if you don't want to be a fool. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Don't throw away the edge you have.