Just curious

RoastbeefSalad

I have only ever dabbled in computer building (one full build, many upgrades over the years), but I really enjoy watching others do it. I am currently clearing out the couch right now looking for spare change to build another one and have been rewatching old LTT builds here and there to appease me while I try to fatten the piggy bank. Out of the blue I asked myself, out loud, why is it that ppl always seem to build the motherboard up with its parts before installing it into the case? The one I did I also built it outside of the case (monkey see monkey do!) but I’m curious if that’s just the way folks great grandpappy taught them or if there’s an actual purpose for this?

It's harder to reach stuff on the mobo when the case is in the way, or you have to grab around it.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Troubleshooting and testing reasons. If something isn't working you can easily check everything while the motherboard is outside of the case. When its inside the case you most often can't really see what you are doing. You are literally handicapping yourself.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds