A phone like the Pine Phone, but not exactly?

Edward78

Can I get a blank for anywhere & put andriod on it?

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

"putting android on it" is a lot harder than you think. If all you mean is to flash a rom on it, then no as that makes no sense.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

"Wants a phone that gives the user full control over the phone, down the the filesystem and hardware."

"Immediately wants to put android on it."

Just buy a freaking android phone??? Like, what are you trying to do here? If you want the android experience.... just.... buy an android phone????

16 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

"Wants a phone that gives the user full control over the phone, down the the filesystem and hardware."

"Immediately wants to put android on it."

Just buy a freaking android phone??? Like, what are you trying to do here? If you want the android experience.... just.... buy an android phone????

I have one, just want to know if I can do that so I don't have all the apps I don't want pre-installed on my phone.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

36 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

I have one, just want to know if I can do that so I don't have all the apps I don't want pre-installed on my phone.

Can't really dodge the google stuff. If it's vendor specific crap then just get a Pixel or one of the other 'droids that run basically stock Android. 

If you don't want the google stuff, just get an iPhone, delete the couple utilities they include (you can even delete the calculator app now, basically anything short of settings/camera app is delete-able), and call it a day. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

40 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

Wouldn't it be easier to buy a phone that is supported by the community with custom ROMs? The first thing I do with every phone I've bought for a very long time is wipe out the factory OS and install my own.  

If you install something like Lineage you won't have any extra apps. If you want to install Gapps, you can choose what to install.  

Just make sure you choose the right device, not just any device will do. 

50 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

You can delete all the pre-installed stuff, and if you can't, you can just root or whatever it's called for android and delete it. 

Getting an entire new phone and installing a custom OS on it seems a bit...extreme for just "wanting to delete a few apps." 

Just put them in a folder on the 8th home screen page and forget about them like the rest of us.