15m (50ft) HDMI 2.1 Cable Possible?

Areyn13

So i have a bit of a weird bedroom layout that would require me to have 11-12m of free HDMI cable length (so practically a 15m cable) to properly connect my PC to my TV in order to get the full 4K 120Hz Signal. Are oables advertised on places like Amazon that claim they're 1. active and 2. fiber optic legitimate? at a length of 10-15m, would that give me full 48gbps bandwidth without any problems or quality loss?

Ryzen 5800x | Asus ROG STRIX B550-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb | ASUS TUF GAMING OC RTX 3070 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb | Corsair RM750x

yes...when going distance with hdmi 2.1 optical is the best...copper cant do it with 2.1 just to much signal degradation

Fiber Optic. I got one and it works pretty well. Just be mindful of it being a fiber optic cable when you  decide to bend it or whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/Highwings-48Gbps-Dynamic-Compatible-Desktop/dp/B0BHXDXTR3/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1E6K4R7TK38L&keywords=fiber%2Boptic%2Bhdmi&qid=1700548093&sprefix=fiber%2Boptic%2Bhdm%2Caps%2C310&sr=8-6&th=1

23 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

Fiber Optic. I got one and it works pretty well. Just be mindful of it being a fiber optic cable when you  decide to bend it or whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/Highwings-48Gbps-Dynamic-Compatible-Desktop/dp/B0BHXDXTR3/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1E6K4R7TK38L&keywords=fiber%2Boptic%2Bhdmi&qid=1700548093&sprefix=fiber%2Boptic%2Bhdm%2Caps%2C310&sr=8-6&th=1

I noticed prices can range dramatically for what is essentially the same type of cable, is that just some brands overpricing their products?

Ryzen 5800x | Asus ROG STRIX B550-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb | ASUS TUF GAMING OC RTX 3070 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb | Corsair RM750x

2 hours ago, Areyn13 said:

I noticed prices can range dramatically for what is essentially the same type of cable, is that just some brands overpricing their products?

I bought a no name chinese cable because it was cheap and didn't buy it from Amazon so it was a 50$ risk, but it still works as expected with 4K 120hz full RGB gsync, never flickering or giving me any other issues, the cable is thin and not smelly like some other cheap cables. And I've been using it for a year and a half now.

I'm not a cable expert, but at the center of it, it is just the same fiber optic that does many other things and is very capable of moving huge amounts of data over long distances. So I don't think you can go wrong with any of them unless you buy from a shady seller or risk buying one that you can't return just like any other products. The overpriced ones wont do anything the cheap ones cant but there could always be build quality concerns and things like that. I think the one I've linked is pretty safe to buy.

• 1 month later...

Update: bought a cheap 15m fiber optic hdmi 2.1 cable from amazon, half the price of the more expensive brands and everything works fine surprisingly! how long it will last, no idea, but so far so good.

image (1).jpg