i'm tired of every single game i try.

Rujdaga

So i've been gaming for a loong time, i tried many many many games, the best gaming era of my life was when i was playing minecraft sg on mcsg in 2014, and when covid hit i was nolifing stardew valley with depressing music in the background, now i try to play stardew valley and i get bored after 15 minutes, i'm rly looking for a game that is similar to stardew valley, or for a mediaval looking game, i tried the witcher and i dont like it. What do you guys suggest?

16GB DDR4 Viper 4 Blackout 3200MHZ Ryzen 5 1500X AB350M-gaming3 GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual OC, 1TB hdd seagate 7200rpm, 120gb samsung m.2 ssd

Just take a break, sometimes when you get a mood like that it wont matter what you play and you will find everything boring or annoying, just break the routine cycle.

Personally, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Baldurs Gate 3 is what got me addicted again. BG3 to a state that I spend 60h/week on it and still don't have enough of it... I've sinked 200h into it right now.

7 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Just take a break, sometimes when you get a mood like that it wont matter what you play and you will find everything boring or annoying, just break the routine cycle.

Personally, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Baldurs Gate 3 is what got me addicted again. BG3 to a state that I spend 60h/week on it and still don't have enough of it... I've sinked 200h into it right now.

this has been going for a loong time, prolly 1 and a half year, the only thing  i played was modded minecraft but that was like for 2 weeks and i got bored

16GB DDR4 Viper 4 Blackout 3200MHZ Ryzen 5 1500X AB350M-gaming3 GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual OC, 1TB hdd seagate 7200rpm, 120gb samsung m.2 ssd

Just now, Rujdaga said:

this has been going for a loong time, prolly 1 and a half year, the only thing  i played was modded minecraft but that was like for 2 weeks and i got bored

From my personal experience the issue was that I kept playing multiplayer games and couldn't get back to playing single player and I was constantly nagged by friends to go play with them. I just don't even bother to turn on Discord now and set myself to invisible on Steam and while it took a while to get the passion burning, I just can't stop now and I have the exact opposite problem of not even wanting to play with anyone else as I find it annoying and I find the notion of actually having to put effort into being somewhat competitive in MP a chore.

I think the issue is that once you do too much of one thing then it's just difficult to go do something else and you need to somehow break the habit. So I just suggest to take a break and perhaps reflect on what you actually want to do.

11 minutes ago, WereCat said:

From my personal experience the issue was that I kept playing multiplayer games and couldn't get back to playing single player and I was constantly nagged by friends to go play with them. I just don't even bother to turn on Discord now and set myself to invisible on Steam and while it took a while to get the passion burning, I just can't stop now and I have the exact opposite problem of not even wanting to play with anyone else as I find it annoying and I find the notion of actually having to put effort into being somewhat competitive in MP a chore.

I think the issue is that once you do too much of one thing then it's just difficult to go do something else and you need to somehow break the habit. So I just suggest to take a break and perhaps reflect on what you actually want to do.

you're right, thats prolly my problem, playing games alone gets boring to me, i used to play fivem, minecraft, pubg and shi like that w my friends, but all of em are now working, moved out and shi like that. I miss playing games alone but i just cant haha, i need to get that passion back

Maybe trying an entirely different genre will hold your interest.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

7 minutes ago, Rujdaga said:

you're right, thats prolly my problem, playing games alone gets boring to me, i used to play fivem, minecraft, pubg and shi like that w my friends, but all of em are now working, moved out and shi like that. I miss playing games alone but i just cant haha, i need to get that passion back

I used to love FPS games, and it may just be that I've matured and the fps scene hasn't (heavy micro transaction focus, skins being a main focus), and the games as a service model really isn't something I vibe with because at best I'm a casual player, not spending every waking moment grinding to get this week/month's skins and widgets.

The game type that has continued to be entertaining for me has been driving/racing (non-sim), and strategy/city-building. 

56 minutes ago, Rujdaga said:

So i've been gaming for a loong time, i tried many many many games, the best gaming era of my life was when i was playing minecraft sg on mcsg in 2014, and when covid hit i was nolifing stardew valley with depressing music in the background, now i try to play stardew valley and i get bored after 15 minutes, i'm rly looking for a game that is similar to stardew valley, or for a mediaval looking game, i tried the witcher and i dont like it. What do you guys suggest?

Go outside.

giant_talon_1.thumb.jpg.9ddaf07a043bc94b90fd832490bec75a.jpg

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

7 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Go outside.

giant_talon_1.thumb.jpg.9ddaf07a043bc94b90fd832490bec75a.jpg

well my guy i work 10-12 hours a day as a welder, and the only entertainment i have when i get home is hitting the gym and playing games thats it

20 hours ago, Rujdaga said:

i tried many many many games

I somehow have a feeling that this is a lie. Because I see this often, people who play a single game, maybe two exclusively for years on end and then suddenly realize that they're bored out of their skulls. Every day, literally dozens if not hundreds of games get released. You can't even tell us what you want beyond another timesink that'll eventually lead to nothing. To me it seems very myopic to ask people for something similar to what you've just told us you've grown bored of. Maybe use this opportunity to try out new things, instead of the same slop you've been growing tired for a decade now.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

22 hours ago, WereCat said:

some valid points.... i might be playing online multiplayer games for months, or years, but I'll always come back to SP games at some point... for me this mix works......i get being fed up with games in general but it hasn't happened in a long time for me, i have several SP games i definitely need to play (Fatal Frame 4, Crimson Vipers -- yes -- Astral Chain... all toilet papers must be found, i already got 1 !!! )

But currently im just too occupied with OW of all things, i love unlocking stuff!!!

Screenshot_20231112-173311_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.png.b059ab601a05888336be729308f44877.png

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

23 hours ago, Rujdaga said:

well my guy i work 10-12 hours a day as a welder, and the only entertainment i have when i get home is hitting the gym and playing games thats it

see, i get this... kinda makes sense (with your friends not playing anymore etc)...

what i do when i play games, as i already hinted at in my previous post, is i set goals... unlock this, reach that (level or upgrade or ... toilet paper... - hey, don't knock it until you try it! ok - etc)

im also a master in unlocking free stuff, i think have so much "free" currency in ow right now i could probably buy "almost" all skins... hundreds of dollars worth... , but for now im mostly collecting currency,  the game throws tons of other free stuff, including skins at you anyways.

so yeah, that's what i do, set goals, also in SP games,  unlock all costumes etc...

if you don't have that passion i honestly don't see how its fun, you might just get that mountain bike tbh. 😉

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

It's time for a change of scenery... or to try something new/outside your comfort zone to reignite your passion. Everyone goes through "phases" in life btw. The same thing happened to me since I was trapped in a vicious cycle of FPS titles. Then in 2007, I discovered World of Warcraft... what a breath of fresh air that was. 

If that doesn't work, there could be other underlying problems. I would advise you to seek counseling.

“The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you are emotionally detached from it. I have always viewed it from a safe distance, knowing I don't belong; it doesn't include me, and it never has. no matter how you care to define it, I do not identify with the local group. Planet, species, race, nation, state, religion, party, union, club, association, neighborhood improvement committee; I have no interest in any of it. I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to.” ― George Carlin