Rate & review the last movie you saw.

Saw many scrambled threads about movies here & there thought it'd be nice if we began a single thread for your viewing pleasure & might in bring our community closer. Doesn't matter whether you saw it on your PC or in a 3D imax theater or 2D.

So, What's the last movie that you saw this week?  post your comments/ratings & reviews and rants down below.

Prefered format :  ( Example )

Movie title     : Sharknado

Your Rating   : 0.7/10

Your review   : Painstakingly Awful (& more....even more...)

Also rate in your own way in forms such as on 3D effects, CGI impact , Storyline, Cast ,

:ph34r: ninja loves surround

Details separate people.

Ted

10/10

Garfield boobs. All you need in life.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Dinner for schmucks 7/10 decent comedy with familiar faces.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Movie title     : Art of the Steal (Kurt Russell, Matt Dillon, Jay Baruchel)

Your Rating   : 7/10

Your review   : Heist movie that borrows a lot from the genre. Such as cheesy nicknames and distinct text overlay introductions of the crew (i.e. Crunch: "Wheel guy"). This movie actually sells itself short. I really seems like nothing out of the ordinary until you get about halfway through, then the end brings together more of the film than you think. The only thing that is evident from the beginning is that the cast works really well together and that holds true throughout.

-Divergent

-5/10

-although th cast involved Shailene Woodley and afew other slightly "Good looking" Girls, it's the Hunger games story theme, Copy, past they did  what pist me off, i mean so what if the producer liked that kind of story and it was already taken, come up with another one goddamn it, in my opinion, it's a failure

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Need for Speed

8/10

I thought it was a great movie and perfectly shown related to the newer NFS games: Hot Pursuit (2010) & The Run. Felt awesome to watch in 3D especially when my cinema thought we are deaf and blasted the sound through the entire movie. Not even mad... the cars sounded awesome :)

The Sixth Sense

9.5/10

It was some crazy stuff. Very mind blowing and very good. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

-Divergent

-5/10

-although th cast involved Shailene Woodley and afew other slightly "Good looking" Girls, it's the Hunger games story theme, Copy, past they did  what pist me off, i mean so what if the producer liked that kind of story and it was already taken, come up with another one goddamn it, in my opinion, it's a failure

You know it was a book, right? And a really good one?

† TTCF Member †

godzilla 2014

9,9/10

its amazing + more than i expected. had continuous goosebumps (didn't watch any of the other Godzilla things before)

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Title: Transcendence 

Rating: 5/10

The film was slow and really not my thing it went on at points where it could have been half the length. However on that same note the visual effects of the film were amazing and really helped make it feel real.

2. Godzilla

Rating: 9/10

The film was great not just the acting and the visual effects but, the storyline was well thought and scripted. 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

Movie titleRain Man

My Rating: 9/10

My review: I thoroughly enjoyed the film and I though that Dustin Hoffman's acting in the film was absolutely brilliant. Would definitely watch it again, and recommend it to anyone looking for a good feels movie. Also, I suppose Tom Cruise was okay.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Movie title      : Duelo de Cabrones (Translates roughly as Duel of SOBs) IMDB
Your Rating    : 6/10
Your review   : A rather cheesy, Z grade Mexican flick by one of my personal heroes, local legend Agustin Bernal who is infamous for acting and directing on nearly hundreds of Z grade exploitation flicks mostly about crime and specially drug trafficking known as "Narcopeliculas" Yes this are the kind of movies that are so fucking cheesy they become hilarious and fascinating to watch, a usual sharp contrast between Agustin Bernal who's basically the Mexican Lou Ferrigno but is actually a rather decent, if histrionic actor, and the rest of the cast that act from bad to not even able to remember their lines or read the fucking lines with proper punctuation and barely able to stop from laughing.

This movie however, it's just not as entertaining as it's plot it's not the usual cheesy stuff but rather mystifying in it's confusion and nonsense. Two ranchers have a rivalry over a woman and decide to settle their differences with a duel, yep one of those old western stand offs where they shoot each other, only this is supposed to be modern days circa 2000 or so which makes this decision just fucking stupid even for rural Mexico.

Our 2 ranchers predictably kill each other simultaneously in this duel, but Agustin Bernal ends up pursuing the same women as the son of his father's rival, because fuck it it's a small rural town and plot convenience can be somewhat forgiven. Only this women turns out to be one hell of a bitch who gets off on having these 2 men fight over here. The second part of the plot involves the lover of one of the widow's supposedly wanting to seize the situation and take over Bernal's inherited ranch, because fuck it we already established that duels are totally ok and not even persecuted at all by the town's sheriff why not illegal seizure of property? So he spends the bulk of the movie (no kidding like 50 minutes out of a 90 minute movie) sending an awfully long list of inept henchmen for Bernal to shoot the fuck out of. This part of the movie is almost worth it as we just see Bernal kicking ass and then going to a bar to get drunk and have a Musical number over some little known Corrido band playing on the restaurant.

At the end the plot gets even more stupid: The bitch decides that she still doesn't trusts Bernal after living with him in his ranch for a full fucking year and lures him into the towns fair for Saint Johns day for his rival to confront him. Not only that but the lover and the widow also plan one last ditch effort to kill him ordering his man to "shoot him down at first sight" in the middle of a motherfucking festival no less, since this kind of shit would NEVER be investigated right? Only things don't go as planned as Bernal finally confronts the woman he supposedly loves and has been trying to marry for a full year with his lover and sworn enemy, you think a duel would ensure but Bernal suddenly fucking SHOTS the women first instead....Yes the supposedly good guy of the movie just murdered his love interest with the entire town as witnesses. Then he proceeds to also shoot his rival and the widow's lover only the police arrives and arrests THE FREAKING WIDOW and let's Bernal go about his business because fuck it, what's 2 cold blooded murders with hundreds of witnesses right?

Now this sort of plot is typical for this movies who are usually written for drug trafficking anti-heroes and yes is a bit more conceivable that those guys would get away with not being persecuted at all by local authorities, that kinda shit does happen here sadly. But I feel like this was a rewrite that at one point changed Bernal's character from an asshole drug dealer to a peaceful rancher defending his lands from his foes a much more typical western. Only if you're going to rewrite a character you need to rewrite the fucking ending as well, no you don't get a pass for 2 fucking murders just because your uncle is the local sheriff, not even here, not in modern fucking times.

Overall not as good as the usual Narcopeliculas I enjoy from Bernal however you do get at least some enjoyment out of the cheesy and hilarious action sequences but even when I am watching something I know it's poor I still can't suspend my disbelief and turn my brain off enough to pardon this stupid fucking decisions that make absolutely no sense. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

You know it was a book, right? And a really good one?

Divergent ?

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Divergent ?

2014-03-04-divergentbyveronicaroth.jpg

† TTCF Member †

well, the one who rote it seem to have been reading Mokinjay Books, and made up a Duplicated story out of em, withc benn made to a duplicated Movie

well, the one who rote it seem to have been reading Mokinjay Books, and made up a Duplicated story out of em, withc benn made to a duplicated Movie

347013657d321055cd3a29d7e21c86ee.pngb5c6151bdd4ab80d0c190e6dd2775979.png

Divergent almost got the same rating here. 

† TTCF Member †

347013657d321055cd3a29d7e21c86ee.pngb5c6151bdd4ab80d0c190e6dd2775979.png

Divergent almost got the same rating here. 

i'm not talking about the Rating, talking about the content

i'm not talking about the Rating, talking about the content

Rating = thousands of people's opinions on the quality of the content. 

† TTCF Member †

Rating = thousands of people's opinions on the quality of the content. 

i didn't say the content was not good, i said it was "Copied", seen before, and been put together in a different way, i and several others distincted it, look i didn't like it, i think it a lame replica of the HG and that's my opinion, if they brought new content, new story, yes, but showing the same story shape, i'm sorry but not Worth credit

i didn't say the content was not good, i said it was "Copied", seen before, and been put together in a different way, i and several others distincted it, look i didn't like it, i think it a lame replica of the HG and that's my opinion, if they brought new content, new story, yes, but showing the same story shape, i'm sorry but not Worth credit

I agree for the most part, but what if it wasn't copied? I think if you read the two books you would notice they are actually quite different in the deeper story line. 

† TTCF Member †

Movie: Robocop 2014

Rating. 8/10

Opinion: All in all a great new take on robocop. And Joel Kinnaman did a great job as the main character :)

And Samuel L Jackson did a great job as Pat Novak

And Gary Oldman was in it too. So it's a great movie by default

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

And HG = Western Battle Royale so your argument it's still invalid.

-------

Current Rig

-------