Do you really need a 360 AIO? Like... really need one?

Supersonicwolfe

I found some really good 360 AIO deal, not gonna lie I am a bit disappointed with 240mm deals...

like DeepCool LT720 for only 70 USD , LE 720 for only 50 USD... (11.11 sale in China)

image.thumb.png.d7e87202a405bc517cd5e452ba7c1b45.pngimage.png.6d7a446fecccf90579a85145e38e9c

(I did find a review of this cooler, it is slightly nosier than Liquid freezer II, but full tilt it beats Liquid Freezer thanks to the F**K120 fans.... OOps I mean FK120)

But really, do you need a 360?

The cooler I original wanted to get is LT 520, the 240mm version of LT720, which is now less than 10 dollars cheaper than the best offer from DeepCool (LT720) ...

My second chose was LianLi Galahad 240, but now it's $5 more expensive the LE720 360mm... )

(I was also considering Thermal Alright PS120 Evo at 42 USD, AK620 Digital at 45 USD, but yeah... if I am for performance LE720 is going to be better... )

The deals are great, but I'm just upgrading to a 5800X3D... don't think I will upgrade to 7800X3D... or similar class in next 3 years... so... yeah... feels like it's a wasting using a 360mm AIO... on a non-overclock-able 5800XD

I was going to do a 240 exhaust behind some space and a 140mm intake like this...

Goal being try direct more air to the GPU, as LianLi Lancool III didn't performed well in GPU benchmark in GN's test...

But can't do that with a 360...

AIO2.png.ecf9d1f847835849e9fc8bda340a6f31.png

Am I crazy to think I'm wasting money and the AIO ???

image.png

Been rocking a 280 for a while now. Keeps my 5800x no3d pretty cool.

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600 Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

I run my 5900X at 250w, it seems ok. No experience with those brands though.

58X3D can do 143w PPT 👍

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

Based on what I've heard, 360mm is mostly needed for the newer Core i9 chips.

I'm rocking a 280mm still on top of an i7-7820X, and it stays pretty cool for being Skylake-X.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I am really an air cooer kinda guy, I am just messing around with this AIO.

@OU812 @Crunchy Dragon @freeagent@Shimejii

My main concern is that a 360 will destroy my wacky intake/positive intake plan.

(Price performance wise they are very attractive)

3x120mm + 1x140mm, Will probably over take my 3x140mm and making the Liancool III into a negative pressure set up ( may not be a good thing when sucking air from the bottom).

That could very well be. I bought a new 360 to try, since I bash the shit out of AIOs every chance I get. But being in a Torrent Compact is certainly not ideal.

22 hours ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

@OU812 @Crunchy Dragon @freeagent@Shimejii

My main concern is that a 360 will destroy my wacky intake/positive intake plan.

3x120mm + 1x140mm, Will probably over take my 3x140mm and making the Liancool III into a negative pressure set up ( may not be a good thing when sucking air from the bottom).

If you never expect to buy a hot CPU, then it's entirely up to you. Whatever is the best deal for performance. There are plenty more great AIOs and air coolers to choose from, although some of them are really overpriced.

Keep in mind that AMD and Intel have predicted that CPU temps are going to keep going up, though. 

If you want to guard against that for your next build, better get the best you can. 

22 hours ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

Easy solution for an engineer:

1. Make sure that the exhaust fans run with less flow than intake, by using the fan curves and/or using weaker fans for exhaust. 
  2. Use ducts to channel the air exactly where you need it. 

Problem solved! 🙂

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

20 hours ago, RevGAM said:

If you never expect to buy a hot CPU, then it's entirely up to you. Whatever is the best deal for performance. There are plenty more great AIOs and air coolers to choose from, although some of them are really overpriced.

Keep in mind that AMD and Intel have predicted that CPU temps are going to keep going up, though. 

If you want to guard against that for your next build, better get the best you can. 

Easy solution for an engineer:

1. Make sure that the exhaust fans run with less flow than intake, by using the fan curves and/or using weaker fans for exhaust. 
  2. Use ducts to channel the air exactly where you need it. 

Problem solved! 🙂

Pretty much that is reason number 3 driving me towards the LT720.

1. Seems AIO today have very nice RGB compare to air cooler options like PS120 EVO and Deepcool AK620 Digital

2. Deepcool LT720 360mm AIO is only about 60% more expensive than PS120 EVO and Deepcool AK620 Digital. Not like doubling the price or something (there are 360mm AIO at 16% more compare to AK620 Digital, and Deepcool LE520 a 240mm AIO is cheaper than both Thermalright PS120 and EVO and AK620 Digital too)

3. Expect running them for minimum 5 years (in warranty), maybe 7 years is "doable" not refilling the loop. LT 720 and Galahad240 have fill ports to refill the loop too if needed, so these can last until the pump fails, not hard to spot given I will set up my fans to go full tilt or hear the noise.

(I'm just upgrading from 3600 to 5800X3D since I am already using a X570 platform)

tower coolers atm are in hot water as they are getting beat by cheap coolers... bequiet just had a new one and well not looking good.  so with hot cpus you most likely need to go for a aio if you want to fully use it.

but also you can get a bad aio... not filled up all the way. or run in to crotion problems...

imo the thickest aio would be the best. then you could replace the fans with better ones later on.

top aio dose look cool imo thow.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

tower coolers atm are in hot water as they are getting beat by cheap coolers... bequiet just had a new one and well not looking good.  so with hot cpus you most likely need to go for a aio if you want to fully use it.

but also you can get a bad aio... not filled up all the way. or run in to crotion problems...

imo the thickest aio would be the best. then you could replace the fans with better ones later on.

top aio dose look cool imo thow.

That is why I'm considering spending 20% more to get the LT720 it over the LE720, I don't think I need RGB on top of the machine, but can consider get some FC120 and move the FK120 to bottom of my case for intake.

Performance wise...

Deepcool's LS720 (a previous generation) got pretty good review from Der8aur,

There aren't many reviews on LT720 and LE720 from more popular reviewers, but KitGuruTech gave it a pretty positive one to LT720

15 hours ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

That is why I'm considering spending 20% more to get the LT720 it over the LE720, I don't think I need RGB on top of the machine, but can consider get some FC120 and move the FK120 to bottom of my case for intake.

Performance wise...

Deepcool's LS720 (a previous generation) got pretty good review from Der8aur,

There aren't many reviews on LT720 and LE720 from more popular reviewers, but KitGuruTech gave it a pretty positive one to LT720

FYI, the FC fans are not as powerful as the FK fans per DC. Same fans but the FLs have no LEDs.

Also, that series of AIOs from DC is highly rated. LS has lighting but is otherwise basically the same as LT. If there is a difference, I bet that LT is more powerful. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

You don’t need an AIO period. My Zen 3 parts cooled with air get better temps than pretty much everyone with an AIO.

5 hours ago, RevGAM said:

FYI, the FC fans are not as powerful as the FK fans per DC. Same fans but the FLs have no LEDs.

Also, that series of AIOs from DC is highly rated. LS has lighting but is otherwise basically the same as LT. If there is a difference, I bet that LT is more powerful. 

Yeap I like LT more...

Still I don't mind useing FC instead as I want to funnel more air towars my 3080 (LianLi Lancool III performed very well in GN's aircooling test, but GPU temps are not great.)

Hance I might use the FK fans as bottom intake (Lianli Lancool III supports 3x120mm fan)

Still... that means now I have a 140mm non RGB LianLi fan laying around doing nothing... (was the rear exhaust included with Lancool III, but I got a 3rg gen LianLi Unifan to put there for the looks)

15 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Really?  It's one of the cheaper ones in my locale.   LT720?

9 hours ago, Paul17 said:

Which? Fan or AIO?

10 hours ago, Paul17 said:

Yeah, Tom's hardware reviewed it and showing it on par ot beating or the Arctic Liquid Freezer II in many tests

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deepcool-lt720-aio-cooler

And Deepcool LS720 also performed very good in der8euer's round up

After all Deepcool is one of the handful actual factory that makes AIO. Them and maybe Cooler master, EK, makes the AIP sold and branded by companies like Asus,MSI, Gigabyte. And in systems from Lenovo, Dell,HP's gaming systems

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Which? Fan or AIO?

AIO but good to know about the fans they use, too.  🙂

3 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

Yeah, Tom's hardware reviewed it and showing it on par ot beating or the Arctic Liquid Freezer II in many tests

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deepcool-lt720-aio-cooler

And Deepcool LS720 also performed very good in der8euer's round up

After all Deepcool is one of the handful actual factory that makes AIO. Them and maybe Cooler master, EK, makes the AIP sold and branded by companies like Asus,MSI, Gigabyte. And in systems from Lenovo, Dell,HP's gaming systems

Very interesting.  Thanks for the info.   The Arctic and EK coolers are always so expensive and there's hardly ever discounts - they sell well, though - I notice the vendors often go out of stock.   It's good to have some other options so I will consider the Deep Cool AIOs - they're a lot cheaper - and it's good that there's reviews out there for them.   

9 minutes ago, Paul17 said:

AIO but good to know about the fans they use, too.  🙂

Very interesting.  Thanks for the info.   The Arctic and EK coolers are always so expensive and there's hardly ever discounts - they sell well, though - I notice the vendors often go out of stock.   It's good to have some other options so I will consider the Deep Cool AIOs - they're a lot cheaper - and it's good that there's reviews out there for them.   

The LT720 uses the F**K 120 fans .... I mean FK120 fans, they are also used on the AK620 Cooler and Deepcool Assassin IV (also very good towers, higher-end looking than Thermalright's)

So the fans are pretty good to say the least.

FC120 is RGB version of FK120, and they as slightly worse like most RGB version of non-RGB fans

2 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

The LT720 uses the F**K 120 fans .... I mean FK120 fans used on the AK620 Cooler and Deepcool Assassin IV (also very good towers, higher-end looking than Thermalright's)

So the fans are pretty good to say the least.

FC120 is RGB version of FK120, and they as slightly worse like most RGB version of non-RGB fans

So, they are FKing good, then? 🙂    Good to know.   These DC AIOs are around $50 cheaper or more than the Arctic ARGB AIOs and $70 or more cheaper than the highly rated EK AIO.   For me, anyway.  

18 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

also very good towers, higher-end looking than Thermalright's)

They might look nicer, but they don't perform nicer 😄

Need? No. Most people buy them because of flashy RGB. A big Air cooler will be good enough while being more reliable in the long term.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

40 minutes ago, freeagent said:

They might look nicer, but they don't perform nicer 😄

Well no need to be the #1, after all, the difference is like... 1 degree at best? or in other words, within variance so don't really matter.(Quite nice to see GN included error bars in their charts.)

It's targeted to people who want a nicer looking tower and good performance. As good as Noctua was, that brown fan is a turn off for me, I debated buying the black versions, but now with these much more competitive tower came out, it is hard to justify it...and the price...

There is nothing made by Noctua right now that is worth buying.