LTT Staff, it has been 2 months. How’s it going?

kewtz

I was going to wait until the 90 day mark but I’d probably forget. 

It has been approximately 2 months since all the things happened.

I’m sure from a work perspective, it was stressful. 

I can say - from a viewer end, I notice less content. 
The current content rate is good, and the quality “feels” better. This is subjective, of course. 

I think the community would benefit from hearing from staff. More…unscripted…how are these changes going from your viewpoint? How has it improved your work-life? 

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

you know the chances of the staff outside of LMGCommunity replying here are basically zero right?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Yeah the content feels the same. The inaccuracies never bothered me since none of the information or products featured have ever been anything I want in my life. The less frequent content is nice - the YouTube algorithm playing some new LTT video every day was exhausting.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

14 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

I don't feel like the content has changed at all from a viewer perspective.

I have noticed the speaking parts are better from a tech point of view. No longer having text spammed on the screen showing corrections.

As well the hosts seem to be more lively and more focused on the delivery. The flow of communication between on screen hosts seem to be more two sided, not just one person talking and then the next person talks.

Go back about a year, watch a vid with multiple people and you can see there is more people just saying things, vs. now where it seems to be more of a conversation between people on set.

This is my two cents, and I could be just seeing things not really there.

2 hours ago, kewtz said:

I was going to wait until the 90 day mark but I’d probably forget. 

Imo this is the problem overall. You are too invested. Unless it affects your life quality (like inaccuraties, picking up wrong sponsors or auctioning off your prototype without permission), you shouldn't care this much. Linus and Luke have talked about this in WAN few times. But since its still Linus' company and we are on his platform right now, do you honestly expect honest take by his employees here? Under their known names? 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You are too invested.

Brave (and inaccurate) assumption. 

I was curious, that’s all. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

11 minutes ago, kewtz said:

Brave (and inaccurate) assumption. 

I was curious, that’s all. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Your post starts "I was counting to 90 days"... Why would you be keeping up in DAYS from the start of the drama. Curious would mean that you notice something in somewhere couple of months from and come to ask whether thats related to changes that were promised.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Your post starts "I was counting to 90 days"... Why would you be keeping up in DAYS from the start of the drama. Curious would mean that you notice something in somewhere couple of months from and come to ask whether thats related to changes that were promised.

I don't think they are counting the days per se.  That means more like waiting roughly 3 months.   IT would be odd to have marked this on the calendar literally.  

There is certainly a point in time when people are going to ask wheres the beef.  Where are the findings that were promised to be released.  There are new things to talk about but this issue bubbles under the surface.  Like Early spring ice on Lake Michigan.  It may look solid but don't walk on it. 

15 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Edit: forgot to add - from my experience when things change at a company, you measure change at various cadences, I figured 90 days was a good time, but I won’t remember a month from now.

——

I had the question, went to the LTT yt to see when Linus posted the shtf video and it said two months.

It comes across as deflection/distraction or just flat out being a troll by debating the intent or legitimacy of a simple and genuine question. 

Whether it was random and organic or I did set something on the calendar (which is not true) - but why does it matter? 

We critique our favorite TV shows, music artists, movies, food - and guess what, we will also critique the YouTube “stars”. The only difference here is the YouTube folks are fairly accessible. Why wouldn’t I take an opportunity to ask a question, knowing the risk it may go unanswered? 

Potato Revamp

It's like every other time a creator is cought in some controversy:

If you don't like it, don't watch their videos. If enough people are of the same opinion, it will send a clear message to the creator. But if the views aren't impacted, then the creator will know the issue came from a loud minority and they will go on as ususal.

Obviously they couldn't ignore the allegations. And they responded correctly. Video quality and accuracity has improved from my point of view. That's basically all i care about as a viewer. What happens behind the scenes is none of my concern.

Don't expect to hear anything about the Madison situation again. If they find a settlement it's almost certainly not going to be in public unless both parties want it to be. If you ever hear from this again then it will basically come down to an empty "Appropriate measures have been taken and the issue was resolved". If someone gets fired over this you'd probably only see it by their entry silently vanishing from the employee list.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.